Jump to content

Single Reissues Campaign - American Pie OUT NOW!


New_Boy
 Share

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, deathproof said:

Sorry, but an upscale is still an upscale. And I never understood the constant use of adding in extra frames. It creates a such a weird motion effect. Plus the constant shift in focus. It’s horrible

Exactly.

I am quite happy with DVD quality of the old videos. YouTube quality on SD videos is not good so I’m glad we’re getting her videos in better quality on there. But I wouldn’t consider any of them HD.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Exactly.

I am quite happy with DVD quality of the old videos. YouTube quality on SD videos is not good so I’m glad we’re getting her videos in better quality on there. But I wouldn’t consider any of them HD.

Her videos are in terrible shape. The only reasonable collection is 93:99. The rest is just crap. It’s all a grainy mess overlayed with severe compression artifacts and bad interlacing. The colors and contrast are completely off and they’re riddled with technical issues like fringing, burns, shaky footage and several editing glitches.
The videos as they are now are only decent on old analog TVs and no other medium…
Hopefully one day we’ll get proper film transfers with the appropriate corrections 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Why are combined streams relevant in any way?

Just for comestic reasons, really. Everything looks tidier and also, we can have a clearer picture of how her songs are performing on Spotify and compare her streams with other big names there.

Album Version and "Celebration" version of "Like A Prayer" combined give us 237 million streams - it's easily her biggest hit on Spotify. Since they're not combined, "Material Girl" is the song with the highest figure at the moment (and should be higher, 217 M, if they added up the streams from the version on the "Like A Virgin" album).

I don't think her team did anything to combine the "Papa Don't Preach" streams, by the way? They would have done it with other examples ("Like A Prayer", for instance). Since the "True Blue" version and the "Celebration" version are the same, I guess it just updated itself when the album version was corrected on the "True Blue" album?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I don't think her team did anything to combine the "Papa Don't Preach" streams, by the way? They would have done it with other examples ("Like A Prayer", for instance). Since the "True Blue" version and the "Celebration" version are the same, I guess it just updated itself when the album version was corrected on the "True Blue" album?

I don't think it updated itself, I mean I don't think it's possible, someone has to do it. They probably are fixing duplicated songs because it makes no sense having the streams splitted all over the place (finally).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, lucasciccone said:

I don't think it updated itself, I mean I don't think it's possible, someone has to do it. They probably are fixing duplicated songs because it makes no sense having the streams splitted all over the place (finally).

But what songs did they combined for "Papa Don't Preach", then? The "Celebration" version and the streams from the previous Extended Mix of "Papa Don't Preach" that was on the "True Blue" album on Spotify?

Wasn't the "Celebration" version of "Papa Don't Preach" already 65 million?

I'm asking cause I have no idea, really. :lol:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

But what songs did they combined for "Papa Don't Preach", then? The "Celebration" version and the streams from the previous Extended Mix of "Papa Don't Preach" that was on the "True Blue" album on Spotify?

 

Exactly. The True Blue version had like +45 million streams and the Celebration version had like +21 million streams. Both versions were merged and now it's one track with over 66 million streams in total. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, steady75 said:

There ain’t even an anniversary this week is it? 

I have never understood this whole anniversary release thing. What difference does it really make if it’s a song’s single release anniversary? It has no bearing on anything. The average music listener is not going to think ‘oh this song was released 17 years ago today, so I will stream it…’

Who on earth (aside from avid fans like us) considers or acknowledges the anniversaries of singles? These releases should go by some other measure - fan demand and/or quality/quantity of release. 
Season 5 Whatever GIF by Paramount+

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • RUADJAI changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - American Pie OUT NOW!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Write here...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...