Jump to content

Single Reissues Campaign - American Pie OUT NOW!


New_Boy
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

Not until tomorrow when it's already Friday in New Zealand and it's out there.

Ah 8 tracks...wonder what they could be? Maybe the two remixes two edits of them then their instrumental then the album edit and album instrumental? Hope there's a surprise though 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

Ah 8 tracks...wonder what they could be? Maybe the two remixes two edits of them then their instrumental then the album edit and album instrumental? Hope there's a surprise though 

There’s only 2 mixes, 2 instrumentals of the mixes and 1 edit of InDaSoul Mix. Also the radio edit of the album version.

That’s 6 songs. I wonder what the other 2 are

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, thegoldencalf said:

There’s only 2 mixes, 2 instrumentals of the mixes and 1 edit of InDaSoul Mix. Also the radio edit of the album version.

That’s 6 songs. I wonder what the other 2 are

Hmm what if its a new edit? Didnt they do that with Beautiful Stranger? Or was there always an edit of his club mix? The plot thickens...imagine they add Let Down Your Guard lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Album Version
Edit
Instrumental
InDaSoul Mix
InDaSoul Edit
InDaSoul Instrumental
Silky Soul Mix
Silky Soul Instrumental

If we get anything other than this, it'll genuinely be a surprise. I'd love it if we also got the blue version of the artwork, the gray one is just so dull... Coming in an hour!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was checking again the original physical formats and now wonder it flopped in the UK... I mean this tracklist for both CD singles:

Regular UK CD Single:

R-7182501-1437134852-3631.gif.jpg

01. Take A Bow (Edit)

02. Take A Bow (Album Version)

03. Take A Bow (Instrumental)

Limited UK CD Single with 3 prints:

R-260874-1617537726-7662.jpeg.jpg

01. Take A Bow (Edit)

02. Take A Bow (Album Version)

03. Take A Bow (Instrumental)

Really uninspired. I guess the remixes were not ready yet or Warner UK simply didn't care.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Warner in the UK were great in the 80’s then I think they cottoned on that UK fans were hungry for variants around Like A Prayer and banked on additional fan sales from imported maxis which were huge business here in the 90’s. 
 

I remember there being an IMPORTS section in HMV or labelled as IMPORTS.

Capitalsm 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

is it true she sent a copy of the Take a Bow video to Evita director Alan Parker as a way of "auditioning" for the role? 

I love that the music video for You'll See is considered a follow up to the "Take a Bow" music video, as Madonna and Emilio Muñoz (the bullfighter) reprise their roles

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

is it true she sent a copy of the Take a Bow video to Evita director Alan Parker as a way of "auditioning" for the role? 

I love that the music video for You'll See is considered a follow up to the "Take a Bow" music video, as Madonna and Emilio Muñoz (the bullfighter) reprise their roles

I heard that as well...I mean, she REALLY wanted that role and gave up the tour for it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • RUADJAI changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - American Pie OUT NOW!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Write here...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...