Jump to content

Single Reissues Campaign - American Pie OUT NOW!


New_Boy
 Share

Recommended Posts

is it true she sent a copy of the Take a Bow video to Evita director Alan Parker as a way of "auditioning" for the role? 

I love that the music video for You'll See is considered a follow up to the "Take a Bow" music video, as Madonna and Emilio Muñoz (the bullfighter) reprise their roles

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

is it true she sent a copy of the Take a Bow video to Evita director Alan Parker as a way of "auditioning" for the role? 

I love that the music video for You'll See is considered a follow up to the "Take a Bow" music video, as Madonna and Emilio Muñoz (the bullfighter) reprise their roles

I heard that as well...I mean, she REALLY wanted that role and gave up the tour for it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

is it true she sent a copy of the Take a Bow video to Evita director Alan Parker as a way of "auditioning" for the role? 

I love that the music video for You'll See is considered a follow up to the "Take a Bow" music video, as Madonna and Emilio Muñoz (the bullfighter) reprise their roles

Somehow Take a bow video looks Spanish, old fashionated Spain, but still Spain. 

You'll see looks lathin american, like a video of Gloria Estefan. The actors are the same, but the vibe, cameras and location are not spanish anymore.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, nito84bcn said:

Somehow Take a bow video looks Spanish, old fashionated Spain, but still Spain. 

You'll see looks lathin american, like a video of Gloria Estefan. The actors are the same, but the vibe, cameras and location are not spanish anymore.

Well she did leave him lol maybe he drove her out of the country haha

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

is it true she sent a copy of the Take a Bow video to Evita director Alan Parker as a way of "auditioning" for the role? 

I love that the music video for You'll See is considered a follow up to the "Take a Bow" music video, as Madonna and Emilio Muñoz (the bullfighter) reprise their roles

Yep all true. I always thought the I want you video fitted in nicely between take a bow and you’ll see as a little story trilogy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don’t miss mid 90’s Madonna. 95 to 98 was a fucking chore. Bedtime Stories is one of my favourite albums now but the energy completely dropped out of her star between The Girlie Show and Ray Of Light. 
It was the decade of side and film projects and I’d have much rather had two more studio albums but no use complaining it’s done. 
The sheer amount of ballad songs is exhausting. Thank god she pretty much killed the Madonna ballad in the 00’s.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Andreo said:

Did you guys see that? I've just seen a notification from Madonna’s official YT channel of a remastered HD Express Yourself/Deeper performance from the Girlie Show, but as soon as I clicked it the notification was gone! 

It's here:

I was like WTF :smile: Guess it's a nice surprise!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Prayer said:

It's here:

I was like WTF :smile: Guess it's a nice surprise!

Wait, this is the original HBO broadcast version they've upgraded! You can tell by certain shots they've used, in particular in Deeper and Deeper. For example, when she says "can you feel it", the "DVD" version pans to a shot of the audience after, this one stays focused solely on M.

Edited by Where's The Party?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Where's The Party? said:

Wait, this is the original HBO broadcast version they've upgraded! You can tell by certain shots they've used, in particular in Deeper and Deeper. For example, when she says "can you feel it", the "DVD" version pans to a shot of the audience after, this one stays focused solely on M.

I don't know, it's been some since I watched the Sydney DVD but I also noticed some things I thought I had not seen before on the official release?

Could anyone confirm, please?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • RUADJAI changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - American Pie OUT NOW!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Write here...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...