Single Reissues Campaign - American Pie OUT NOW!

New_Boy

is it true she sent a copy of the Take a Bow video to Evita director Alan Parker as a way of "auditioning" for the role? 

I love that the music video for You'll See is considered a follow up to the "Take a Bow" music video, as Madonna and Emilio Muñoz (the bullfighter) reprise their roles

53 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

is it true she sent a copy of the Take a Bow video to Evita director Alan Parker as a way of "auditioning" for the role? 

I love that the music video for You'll See is considered a follow up to the "Take a Bow" music video, as Madonna and Emilio Muñoz (the bullfighter) reprise their roles

I heard that as well...I mean, she REALLY wanted that role and gave up the tour for it

1 hour ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Somehow Take a bow video looks Spanish, old fashionated Spain, but still Spain. 

You'll see looks lathin american, like a video of Gloria Estefan. The actors are the same, but the vibe, cameras and location are not spanish anymore.

16 minutes ago, nito84bcn said:

Somehow Take a bow video looks Spanish, old fashionated Spain, but still Spain. 

You'll see looks lathin american, like a video of Gloria Estefan. The actors are the same, but the vibe, cameras and location are not spanish anymore.

Well she did leave him lol maybe he drove her out of the country haha

7 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Yep all true. I always thought the I want you video fitted in nicely between take a bow and you’ll see as a little story trilogy.

I don’t miss mid 90’s Madonna. 95 to 98 was a fucking chore. Bedtime Stories is one of my favourite albums now but the energy completely dropped out of her star between The Girlie Show and Ray Of Light. 
It was the decade of side and film projects and I’d have much rather had two more studio albums but no use complaining it’s done. 
The sheer amount of ballad songs is exhausting. Thank god she pretty much killed the Madonna ballad in the 00’s.

2 minutes ago, Andreo said:

Did you guys see that? I've just seen a notification from Madonna’s official YT channel of a remastered HD Express Yourself/Deeper performance from the Girlie Show, but as soon as I clicked it the notification was gone! 

It's here:

I was like WTF :smile: Guess it's a nice surprise!

38 minutes ago, Prayer said:

It's here:

I was like WTF :smile: Guess it's a nice surprise!

Wait, this is the original HBO broadcast version they've upgraded! You can tell by certain shots they've used, in particular in Deeper and Deeper. For example, when she says "can you feel it", the "DVD" version pans to a shot of the audience after, this one stays focused solely on M.

Edited by Where's The Party?

3 minutes ago, Where's The Party? said:

Wait, this is the original HBO broadcast version they've upgraded! You can tell by certain shots they've used, in particular in Deeper and Deeper. For example, when she says "can you feel it", the "DVD" version pans to a shot of the audience after, this one stays focused solely on M.

I don't know, it's been some since I watched the Sydney DVD but I also noticed some things I thought I had not seen before on the official release?

Could anyone confirm, please?

• RUADJAI changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - American Pie OUT NOW!