Jump to content

Single Reissues Campaign - American Pie OUT NOW!


New_Boy
 Share

Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Curtains said:

This was the cover I used when I remastered Madonna's discography, should be more accurate than the one used for the new streaming version. @milingo83 @PanditaRulez i think you were looking for something like that.

Cover.png

It's a great recreation but I don't think the new one is THAT bad either. Let's compare:

760x760sr-60.jpg

About the white border: usually covers with any kind of borders are not allowed by the digital platforms, especially Apple is very strict about this. I know the original had it but keep that in mind. Probably they took it out to avoid any trouble.

The rest of the design is the same except for the shadow on the name and the title, also understandable cause titles should be easy to read on the covers they put on digital platforms (usually displayed on small), and that wasn't the case with the original cover. I don't love the shadow but that could be the reason for it.

Picture itself looks quite good to me?

Personally I think some of you are doing too much about this new cover when it's not even that bad and respects the original.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Prayer said:

It's a great recreation but I don't think the new one is THAT bad either. Let's compare:

About the white border: usually covers with any kind of borders are not allowed by the digital platforms, especially Apple is very strict about this. I know the original had it but keep that in mind. Probably they took it out to avoid any trouble.

The rest of the design is the same except for the shadow on the name and the title, also understandable cause titles should be easy to read on the covers they put on digital platforms (usually displayed on small), and that wasn't the case with the original cover. I don't love the shadow but that could be the reason for it.

Picture itself looks quite good to me?

Yes the new one isn't bad per say, just not 100% accurate and i can't blame fans for disliking the new one due to the differences, even if they are minor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Curtains said:

This was the cover I used when I remastered Madonna's discography, should be more accurate than the one used for the new streaming version. @milingo83 @PanditaRulez i think you were looking for something like that.

Cover.png

This looks great! Can you share all your covers without the white border?

I’d love to use them in my digital literary if possible 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

This looks great! Can you share all your covers without the white border?

I’d love to use them in my digital literary if possible 

The American Pie cover was meant to have the borders but a simple edit with any kind of software will remove them.

I guess for the covers you meant the ones I used for the remastered files? Then yeah i can share the covers (or even the files) with you in pm! tell me what you need and i'll upload when i can :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Curtains said:

The American Pie cover was meant to have the borders but a simple edit with any kind of software will remove them.

I guess for the covers you meant the ones I used for the remastered files? Then yeah i can share the covers (or even the files) with you in pm! tell me what you need and i'll upload when i can :)

Oh yeah! Cause the vinyl has it. Well no problem I can crop that out. 
As for the others I’d love whatever else you have. Currently my library has a mix of scans, digital recreations and official digital covers. 
Thanks so much!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Prayer said:

It's a great recreation but I don't think the new one is THAT bad either. Let's compare:

About the white border: usually covers with any kind of borders are not allowed by the digital platforms, especially Apple is very strict about this.

hey does anyone know why this is?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Prayer said:

It's a great recreation but I don't think the new one is THAT bad either. Let's compare:

760x760sr-60.jpg

About the white border: usually covers with any kind of borders are not allowed by the digital platforms, especially Apple is very strict about this. I know the original had it but keep that in mind. Probably they took it out to avoid any trouble.

The rest of the design is the same except for the shadow on the name and the title, also understandable cause titles should be easy to read on the covers they put on digital platforms (usually displayed on small), and that wasn't the case with the original cover. I don't love the shadow but that could be the reason for it.

Picture itself looks quite good to me?

Personally I think some of you are doing too much about this new cover when it's not even that bad and respects the original.

Am I the only one who’s seeing that the new cover doesn’t respect the colors of the original?

Also the shadow is really ugly and cheap looking. There’s plenty of covers out there where the text is not easily readable 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Am I the only one who’s seeing that the new cover doesn’t respect the colors of the original?

Also the shadow is really ugly and cheap looking. There’s plenty of covers out there where the text is not easily readable 

The original photoshoot is like that, it was brightened for the single cover:

rebecca-danenberg-ss-dress.jpg?w=640

2000-dah-len-american-pie-9.jpg?w=565

2000-dah-len-american-pie-8.jpg?w=548

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Prayer said:

The original photoshoot is like that, it was brightened for the single cover:

rebecca-danenberg-ss-dress.jpg?w=640

2000-dah-len-american-pie-9.jpg?w=565

2000-dah-len-american-pie-8.jpg?w=548

Yes I know that’s how the original photo shoot is. It wasn’t just brightened. The colors are altered too to look more appealing.

If they wanted to recreate the cover they should have paid attention to that as well like @Curtainsdid in his design

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, deathproof said:

Oh I think it’s so pretty!!

Me too! :hearteyes:

Personally, this was "my" single cover:

LmpwZWc.jpeg

Reversed! I was so used to this version that I love the reversed picture even more.

This European CD3 was the only one (in Europe) to include both set of remixes (Calderone and Richard Vission) together! I think CD1 and CD2 didn't cause there was a 20-minute limit rule for the UK charts to be elegible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Write here...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...