Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

24 minutes ago, BadGurlMadge said:

I saw people discussing papa don’t preach but is it a priority? It’s literally

-Extended mix

-edit

-album version 

If it comes to ain’t no big deal then it’s probably on the True Blue digital single 

I agree. I hope I'm wrong but I really can't see any 80s single previous to "Like A Prayer" coming soon... There are simply not enough remixes to justify a release bundle or they've already been released digitally on other releases (like the 2001 reissues).

Would love to have it all though, of course.

Hmmm I’ll take those three versions if that’s all their is. For me this is about presenting her legacy in all its glory in the most up to date format. 
The artworks alone belong in a gallery. Imagine being 12 yrs old in a couple of years and just stumbling across Madonna on Spotify. The single covers throughout her career are enough to beguile a new generation to just dig a bit deeper. 
Not every brick in the castle is spectacular but together a fortress of excellence that could only house one Queen. 

17 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

What will happen with these B-Sides?

US 7'': Papa don't Preach/Pretender

UK 7'': Papa don't Preach/Ain't No Big Deal

US 7'': True Blue/Ain't No Big Deal

UK 7'': True Blue (Remix Edit)/Holiday (Edit)

I have a doubt about UK 7" of True Blue, is the Holiday edit with running time of 3:50 the same edit as this edit from Spain or is a different edit? 

https://www.discogs.com/es/Madonna-Holiday/release/2156693

8 minutes ago, PanditaRulez said:

I have a doubt about UK 7" of True Blue, is the Holiday edit with running time of 3:50 the same edit as this edit from Spain or is a different edit? 

https://www.discogs.com/es/Madonna-Holiday/release/2156693

No, they are not the same. The Edit of the Spanish single is just the regular album version with early Fade Out.

51 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

What will happen with these B-Sides?

US 7'': Papa don't Preach/Pretender

UK 7'': Papa don't Preach/Ain't No Big Deal

US 7'': True Blue/Ain't No Big Deal

UK 7'': True Blue (Remix Edit)/Holiday (Edit)

I think the PDP release should have the extended version and Ain’t No Big Deal. 
Though I’m afraid they’ll release the Japanese EPs instead and everything that’s not included there will never get a release.
It would be a shame cause I’m really hoping we finally get in digital Borderline Remix Edit, Dress You Up Remix Edit, Gambler remixes, True Blue Dub, Open Your Heart Remix Edit and Dub

27 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

No, they are not the same. The Edit of the Spanish single is just the regular album version with early Fade Out.

And the edit of Holiday from True Blue UK 7" is the same as this but with early fade out? Or is another alternative edit?

https://www.discogs.com/es/Madonna-Holiday/release/535537

11 minutes ago, PanditaRulez said:

And the edit of Holiday from True Blue UK 7" is the same as this but with early fade out? Or is another alternative edit?

https://www.discogs.com/es/Madonna-Holiday/release/535537

if my memory serves me well, they are the same, with same running time (4:07) but I need to check them. In the 80s, many B-sides on 7'' are regular versions with early fades. 

Anyway, don't forget this: Many running times on labels are wrong.

3 hours ago, BadGurlMadge said:

Mixed, both on here and in other places, but I don’t see it as a likely release as it has very few mixes :) 

The only singles that are confirmed to be looked at from the 80’s are Causing A Commotion, Everybody and the ones we already have which are Like A Prayer + Express Yourself, however I could as well see Cherish and perhaps Keep It Together being looked at, but Cherish + Keep it together are just conclusions that could be possible for digital releases according to me:)

This is giving me big Shirley Ghostman energy.

"right shussy my lovelies... I've got a spirit coming through....It's a woman...and she was either a daughter or a sister or a mother.....

Is it your mother my darling? and am I right in saying that, and I'm getting very strong energy here, that she..... had a vagina?...yes i thought so..what can I say..it's a gift"

3 hours ago, BadGurlMadge said:

Mixed, both on here and in other places, but I don’t see it as a likely release as it has very few mixes :) 

The only singles that are confirmed to be looked at from the 80’s are Causing A Commotion, Everybody and the ones we already have which are Like A Prayer + Express Yourself, however I could as well see Cherish and perhaps Keep It Together being looked at, but Cherish + Keep it together are just conclusions that could be possible for digital releases according to me:)

I’m sure more stuff from the 80s will get a release. 
What worries me is that all those mixes got horrible digital transfers in the 90s for those German CD singles.
I’m hoping they’ll use new transfers and not those botched ones 

15 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

I’m sure more stuff from the 80s will get a release. 
What worries me is that all those mixes got horrible digital transfers in the 90s for those German CD singles.
I’m hoping they’ll use new transfers and not those botched ones 

OMG imgine they use those CDs as the sources for some of the remixes. 

I think (hope) whoever is in charge of this project has an ear to the fans and they seem to be doing it right.

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW
  • Fighter changed the title to Single reissues campaign - Beautiful Stranger HD Music Video OUT NOW
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic