Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

On 7/9/2021 at 4:08 AM, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Didnt the celebration master video leak a while ago. Why wasn't celebration originally uploaded in HD at the start?

I can't remember if YouTube already had videos in HD back in 2009, I think they came out later in like 2010 or 2011? I don't really know.

But the fact that Celebration was uploaded in 240p, girl... Who the hell did that? :Madonna049:

13 minutes ago, lucasciccone said:

I can't remember if YouTube already had videos in HD back in 2009, I think they came out later in like 2010 or 2011? I don't really know.

But the fact that Celebration was uploaded in 240p, girl... Who the hell did that? :Madonna049:

Full HD 1080p was standard on YouTube by 2010, in 2009 most music videos were still 360p. I remember "Bad Romance" was still SD and then "Telephone" BAM, Full HD. What a glorious time. :cute: (Then "Not Myself Tonight" was still 360p again).

"Celebration" should have been AT LEAST 360p. 240p is terrible.

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

Full HD 1080p was standard on YouTube by 2010, in 2009 most music videos were still 360p. I remember "Bad Romance" was still SD and then "Telephone" BAM, Full HD. What a glorious time. :cute: (Then "Not Myself Tonight" was still 360p again).

Yes! I was thinking exactly in Bad Romance cause it was updated in HD last year I think. 

6 hours ago, Prayer said:

Maybe uploading in 360p was slightly more expensive and Warner couldn't give half a fuck? 

7 hours ago, Let'sGetUnconsciousHoney said:

Maybe uploading in 360p was slightly more expensive and Warner couldn't give half a fuck? 

640x480 is the original master. The distributed master file have black bars on top and bottom (4:3), but if you cut them off the image is exactly 640x360 (16:9). I'm sure they must have a higher resolution file but that was the industry standard in 2009, thanks to vevo that was changed soon after, still Warner and EMI got late to HD, I think they started in 2010/11 when they did a deal with vevo.

2 hours ago, Haralampos said:

640x480 is the original master. The distributed master file have black bars on top and bottom (4:3), but if you cut them off the image is exactly 640x360 (16:9). I'm sure they must have a higher resolution file but that was the industry standard in 2009, thanks to vevo that was changed soon after, still Warner and EMI got late to HD, I think they started in 2010/11 when they did a deal with vevo.

In 2009, Celebration was aired in 16x9, 1920x1080i at least in a couple of Music TV Stations. The video exists in 1080i. You can download it, but it's full of logos and the bitrate seems too low. 

vlcsnap-2018-06-02-21h24m22s333.png

vlcsnap-2018-06-02-21h17m22s071.png

23 minutes ago, Let'sGetUnconsciousHoney said:

Wasn't this video available to purchase from iTunes? Was it in LQ? 

It was premiered as a free download on iTunes for the US only and a regular purchase for the rest of the world, but SD quality, of course.

https://www.madonna.com/news/title/celebration-video-exclusive-download--album-preorder

51 minutes ago, Let'sGetUnconsciousHoney said:

So disappointing to have them drop the ball on Hollywood. It's been almost 2 months since the last release. Are they going from once a week to twice a year?

Let’s hope not. I really don’t understand why they suddenly decided to stop. This is so fucking annoying.

• Fighter changed the title to Single reissues campaign - Beautiful Stranger HD Music Video OUT NOW
  • Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW