Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

28 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

For many of us, it's the version that we knew and loved in 1986. It's was version available on the 7'' vinyl in Europe. And it's an edit of the extended version but using the structure of the album version (like the singles of "True Blue", "La Isla Bonita", "Like A Prayer", "Express Yourself", "Cherish" and the promotional 7'' version of "Keep It Together").  Even in the US promo is written "Edit of Extended Version": https://www.discogs.com/Madonna-Open-Your-Heart/release/12758286

R-12758286-1541374108-1614.jpeg.9466520c4d14e045126a8e6d4e7b5cb6.jpeg

I'm always confused people call it Remix Edit as I don't see it called that on any release, only Edit of Extended Version, that you posted and called "Remix' on 7" Vinyl and "It's That Girl Cassette".

I also low-key hate the cover. Like the shot is cute and all but you don’t fuck with the iconography of that album cover. Just give us the long shot with a text bar or something but don’t mess with that image. God knows what they’re gonna do for Like A Virgin ( hopefully the original blue silk image) and the debut. Because the debut cover  is even more perfect than True Blue for me. 

4 minutes ago, baymad4her said:

I'm always confused people call it Remix Edit as I don't see it called that on any release, only Edit of Extended Version, that you posted and called "Remix' on 7" Vinyl and "It's That Girl Cassette".

You are right. The only official names are "Open Your Heart (Edit of Extended Version)" on US promo 7'', "Open Your Heart (Remix)" on UK commercial 7'' and "It's That Girl Cassette", and just "Open Your Heart" (without the Remix) in European 7'' vinyls.

1 minute ago, Aiwa08 said:

You are right. The only official names are "Open Your Heart (Edit of Extended Version)" on US promo 7'', "Open Your Heart (Remix)" on UK commercial 7'', and just "Open Your Heart" (without the Remix) in European 7''.

Thanks, I'm glad you clarified that, I wish people would stop calling it Remix Edit.

47 minutes ago, Prayer said:

And the track they sent for Release Radar is...

The f****g 10-minute Extended Version of "Open Your Heart".

The rest was already on Spotify, so they only had that or the "Remix/Edit" of "True Blue", apart from the instrumentals.

No the Open Your Heart extended version is the right call here. It’s iconic and needs to be pushed to the front 

Now the REAL tea is what the hell they gon do now when it comes to the inevitable Like A Virgin anniversary edition in three years. 
Will they shoehorn Into The Groove / Gambler and Crazy For You on there as an era? 
Watch the Angel dance mix and Dress You Up ( casual instrumental) be the only new shiz. 

not to make assumptions... BUT

I've compared the extended version of OYH from the Yellow CD (the one that is on the Remixology thread) to the one from this new release, and... the two tracks are in sync for the whole thing, although they differ in volume (the new one is quite brickwalled, like all the tracks in this release)

can't say they are the same (or that the new one is a "remaster" of the yellow cd track), but from what I know, being tape-sourced, two different masters would never have the exact same speed, right?

The main tracklist is 99% the 2001 remaster. I compared those files in audacity and they look/sound the same (still the intros for those 2 songs are messed up).

[Edit] ...as well the bonus tracks from the 2001 reissue are the same, but it looks like they lowered the volume (exact -2 dB) for La Isla Bonita (Extended Remix). Haven't checked the rest as I don't have all the original cd singles.

Edited by Haralampos (see edit history)

4 hours ago, New_Boy said:

Yeah, but I kind of don't want to force anyone... If this thread is still unnoticable after a year, I guess it's better to let them do their thing. 

To be honest I don't like to chat on multiple threads about similar topics, cause anyway, we're discussing about the remixes/versions, videos & technical stuff.

Edited by Haralampos (see edit history)

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW