Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

5 hours ago, lucasciccone said:

They removed Hollywood from the HD playlist

hqdefault.jpg 

It could mean that it was added completely randomly by mistake, or that it's still coming, they just removed it from the playlist until it's ready. Its anniversary was this month, so it makes sense that it would be coming. Especially considering Beautiful stranger came so late

Hun, today's the anniversary , so they basically already did. I guess they thought the "True Blue" re-release will keep us fed for three months? If it were complete, I guess it would've, but I think the reaction has been muted at best, especially considering it's one of the most important albums of the 80s.

Interesting info about "True Blue 35th": "Where's The Party" and "Love Makes The World Go Round" are not available at the moment on the album on Apple Music and iTunes.

I think they're replacing them with the correct versions without the issues at the start of each track.

Maybe Emily is real and read us after all? :smile:

Interesting info about "True Blue 35th": "Where's The Party" and "Love Makes The World Go Round" are not available at the moment on the album on Apple Music and iTunes.
I think they're replacing them with the correct versions without the issues at the start of each track.
Maybe Emily is real and read us after all? default_1f600.png

Rhino asked fans on Twitter what they thought of the album and several people mentioned the missing tracks and errors, including me. Rhino liked my comment! Maybe they are listening? Maybe one day we’ll get Open Your Heart 7” Remix too

16408e68627e01b819abbb35541eac98.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Prayer said:

You would hope so.

11 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

They are brave

Not really, the True Blue 35th Anniversary Edition is rather good but asking opinions of anything in 2021 is dangerous as opinions are like a$$holes.l, everybody has one.  Haha. Everybody is a mixing engineer.  Everyone is a marketing expert.  Everybody is a historical preservationist.  Everyone is a design guru.  Nothing Madonna has or ever will release will pass any of the current tests.  Nothing.

43 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

Not really, the True Blue 35th Anniversary Edition is rather good but asking opinions of anything in 2021 is dangerous as opinions are like a$$holes.l, everybody has one.  Haha. Everybody is a mixing engineer.  Everyone is a marketing expert.  Everybody is a historical preservationists.  Everyone is a design guru.  Nothing Madonna has or ever will release will pass any of the current tests.  Nothing.

The problem is that there is no quality control with Madonna releases. Most of the mixes on this True Blue collection are sourced from those terrible sounding yellow CD singles. Of course the fans are going to be upset. We were just as upset when we bought those CDs in 1995 and they sounded like crap.

The fact that people on this forum are able to create a better sounding collection with less resources shows how much Warner / Rhino give a shit and it's a slap in the face to the fans.

Not really, the True Blue 35th Anniversary Edition is rather good but asking opinions of anything in 2021 is dangerous as opinions are like a$$holes.l, everybody has one.  Haha. Everybody is a mixing engineer.  Everyone is a marketing expert.  Everybody is a historical preservationists.  Everyone is a design guru.  Nothing Madonna has or ever will release will pass any of the current tests.  Nothing.

They managed to master and distribute the original album back in 1986 without cutting the intro off three of the tracks, but not for the “remastered” version in 2021. Same with the Celebration CD - Erotica and Cherish were edited incorrectly and the cd was then corrected and reissued, Hollywood had the beats from American life audible on the intro, Die Another Day had the intro clipped and Music had digital pops and clicks not heard on the original. This isn’t about people being fussy or trying to be a sound engineer. It’s about the record company maintaining good professional standards and not redistributing music in a defective state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were all very happy (and vocal about it) with most of the digital singles releases. Those have been handled super properly, in my opinion. I always say it but what I love most about those is that they're not remastered and it's the original sound. I hate when they pump up the volume just for the sake of it (they did that with Janet Jackson's old singles when they released them on digital, as far as I hear).

It's part of my "problem" with "True Blue 35th": I'm not sold on the remastering and the quality of the bonus tracks is far from perfect. But I understand the 80s stuff is different from the 90s and later. I guess the 90s masters can be used as they were and they will be just a little lower in volume, while with anything pre-"Like A Prayer" they need to touch it a little bit to adjust it to modern standards.

Or simply the original masters are lost and that's it. :smile:

Also, as someone said before here, a reissue like "True Blue 35th" is for the general public, while the digital singles are for almost for fans only - and future fans. :cute:

We all know what Rhino touches becomes s***t, to be honest I'm still not sure if it's just Rhino or non-existed management in Madonna's part. The thing is that Madonna was always about quality and creativity but lately I'm not sure. These releases are a mixed bag. At one hand we get unreleased stuff and at the other hand the quality is poor with cheap tricks applied to them. When they can make new clean professional state-of-the-art transfers that can cost less than one Madonna's Instagram outfit. Till now nothing can top the original transfers.

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW