Edit History

MadonnaDave

MadonnaDave

17 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

In my humble opinion, the 'You Can Dance' remixes/instrumentals/edits should be on its expanded edition, and not on the first album/Like A Virgin/True Blue, to respect Madonna's music chronology.

There’s so much they could put on an expanded You Can Dance. The original mixed tracks album, the remix edits that they’ve given on streaming now, all of the full length versions from the 12” promos and finally all of the dub versions from the 12” promos. I remember being confused that I had a different track listing of dub versions on my cassette of You Can Dance than the CD that I bought later on. 

I’ve always suspected for a long time, that if Madonna did ever approve expanded editions of her albums, that You Can Dance, Who’s That Girl (OST), Something to Remember, wouldn’t get new deluxe versions. I’ve got my doubts about I’m Breathless as well, even though there are widely available remixes of Vogue and Hanky Panky that they could easily  throw on a second CD for a minimum effort expanded release. 

MadonnaDave

MadonnaDave

9 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

In my humble opinion, the 'You Can Dance' remixes/instrumentals/edits should be on its expanded edition, and not on the first album/Like A Virgin/True Blue, to respect Madonna's music chronology.

There’s so much they could put on an expanded You Can Dance. The original mixed tracks album, the remix edits that they’ve given on streaming now, all of the full length versions from the 12” promos and finally all of the dub versions from the 12” promos. I remember being confused that I had a different track listing of dub versions on my cassette of You Can Dance than the CD that I bought later on. 

I’ve always suspected that for a long time, that if Madonna did ever approve expanded editions of her albums, that You Can Dance, Who’s That Girl (OST), Something to Remember, wouldn’t get new deluxe versions. I’ve got my doubts about I’m Breathless as well, even though there are widely available remixes of Vogue and Hanky Panky that they could easily  throw on a second CD for a minimum effort expanded release. 

Important Information

Terms of Use