Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

2 hours ago, deathproof said:

Not really, since The official release uses a white border around the trim. This digital release doesn’t have it. The digital also has a black stroke around “American Pie,” which isn’t present on the physical edition.

Plus…, they used a really muted and dark version of the photo

flop

I ask to @scamperif could be so kind to recreate the 12" vinily version of the cover ????

md_5lpdua8UszOzAMAGOSHujAdTfQ20RqoqD5Ud21KMYbafIrA9BRWWchUaSfja.jpg

28 minutes ago, Shoful said:

Lay off the crack. That vinyl cover looks washed out and dumb af with the white border just because it’s DIFFERENT DOESNT MAKE IT WORSE. 

I want everyone to repeat this phrase with me “JUST BECAUSE IT’S DIFFERENT DOESNT MAKE IT WORSE”

*ALL TOGETHER NOW*

Emily gave this cover the facelift it needed. #EndThread

No. YOU lay off the G. That "facelift" is not perfect. It doesn't match the original design, especially the photo. That's not how the photo appeared on the single or in the official 2001 calendar. Hold them in your hand and compare to the digital version.

The whole thing lacks the cohesiveness of the original design.americanpie.thumb.jpg.fc9a0b18e09273236c6b0eac869d3f0d.jpg

We are just stating the obvious babe....

7 minutes ago, deathproof said:

No. YOU lay off the G. That "facelift" is not perfect. It doesn't match the original design, especially the photo. That's not how the photo appeared on the single or in the official 2001 calendar. Hold them in your hand and compare to the digital version.

The whole thing lacks the cohesiveness of the original design.americanpie.thumb.jpg.fc9a0b18e09273236c6b0eac869d3f0d.jpg

Even the font is the wrong one ??‍♂️ at least they could make a search on Google and... 

American_Pie_logo.png

Etvoilà

7 minutes ago, deathproof said:

Not in a million years do those covers look anywhere as good as the new image we just got. They looked like washed out crap.

Cohesiveness… it’s the same fucking picture but in bearable quality :Madonna009:

Jeez fans in here always have something to complain about. Comparing fonts. Comparing exact placement of the picture in relation to text. People need to leave their computers and touch grass 

23 minutes ago, Shoful said:

Not in a million years do those covers look anywhere as good as the new image we just got. They looked like washed out crap.

Cohesiveness… it’s the same fucking picture but in bearable quality :Madonna009:

Jeez fans in here always have something to complain about. Comparing fonts. Comparing exact placement of the picture in relation to text. People need to leave their computers and touch grass 

Are you okay? :lol: you so grumpy all Of a sudden…

We are just commenting on the inaccuracies of re-creating this cover….

17 minutes ago, Curtains said:

This was the cover I used when I remastered Madonna's discography, should be more accurate than the one used for the new streaming version. @milingo83 @PanditaRulez i think you were looking for something like that.

Cover.png

It's a great recreation but I don't think the new one is THAT bad either. Let's compare:

760x760sr-60.jpg

About the white border: usually covers with any kind of borders are not allowed by the digital platforms, especially Apple is very strict about this. I know the original had it but keep that in mind. Probably they took it out to avoid any trouble.

The rest of the design is the same except for the shadow on the name and the title, also understandable cause titles should be easy to read on the covers they put on digital platforms (usually displayed on small), and that wasn't the case with the original cover. I don't love the shadow but that could be the reason for it.

Picture itself looks quite good to me?

Personally I think some of you are doing too much about this new cover when it's not even that bad and respects the original.

17 minutes ago, Prayer said:

It's a great recreation but I don't think the new one is THAT bad either. Let's compare:

About the white border: usually covers with any kind of borders are not allowed by the digital platforms, especially Apple is very strict about this. I know the original had it but keep that in mind. Probably they took it out to avoid any trouble.

The rest of the design is the same except for the shadow on the name and the title, also understandable cause titles should be easy to read on the covers they put on digital platforms (usually displayed on small), and that wasn't the case with the original cover. I don't love the shadow but that could be the reason for it.

Picture itself looks quite good to me?

Yes the new one isn't bad per say, just not 100% accurate and i can't blame fans for disliking the new one due to the differences, even if they are minor.

53 minutes ago, Curtains said:

This was the cover I used when I remastered Madonna's discography, should be more accurate than the one used for the new streaming version. @milingo83 @PanditaRulez i think you were looking for something like that.

Cover.png

This looks great! Can you share all your covers without the white border?

I’d love to use them in my digital literary if possible 

18 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

This looks great! Can you share all your covers without the white border?

I’d love to use them in my digital literary if possible 

The American Pie cover was meant to have the borders but a simple edit with any kind of software will remove them.

I guess for the covers you meant the ones I used for the remastered files? Then yeah i can share the covers (or even the files) with you in pm! tell me what you need and i'll upload when i can :)

10 minutes ago, Curtains said:

The American Pie cover was meant to have the borders but a simple edit with any kind of software will remove them.

I guess for the covers you meant the ones I used for the remastered files? Then yeah i can share the covers (or even the files) with you in pm! tell me what you need and i'll upload when i can :)

Oh yeah! Cause the vinyl has it. Well no problem I can crop that out. 
As for the others I’d love whatever else you have. Currently my library has a mix of scans, digital recreations and official digital covers. 
Thanks so much!

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW