Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

Just now, Aiwa08 said:

I know it's almost impossible, but now I'm starting to think that "It's That Girl" could be released on streaming. 

I'd say nothing is impossible now after "Up Down Suite" and "You Can Dance (Single Edits)" on streaming. They seem to be VERY aware now of everything - including rare promo stuff.

5 minutes until Apple Music 1:30 NZ previews. I've heard the Qobuz ones but it's always hard to tell with those, they're just 30 seconds clips and compressed by the site.

6 hours ago, steady75 said:

1. Gambler 

2. Crazy For You

3. Gambler extended mix 

Or we might just see them add La Isla Bonita super mix EP which will have them both. 

If it happens at all. Would be a nice lead into the Who’s That Girl / Causing A Commotion EP recently released on vinyl finally up on streaming. 

6 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Why would Crazy for You be lumped in with Gambler? If anything it would be the other way around.

Exactly. If anything it would be Crazy for You (b/w Gambler).

A. Because they both soundtrack songs from the same film

B. Cause Crazy For You is already available and apart from a couple of minimal re versions it doesn’t have an extended or wildly different remix available 

6 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

The original is already on streaming on STR so no need to add it as a b-side where it doesn't belong.

I know I maybe be nitpicking but the original full-length version of Crazy for You is not included on Something to Remember. The version on Something to Remember is an early fade that was made to mimic the official 7" version. It's also remastered, so again a different version although only slightly different.

Both, the original album version of Crazy for You (4:12) and the 7" Fade (3:54) are not available on streaming, the latter isn't even available digitally.

Personally I’d prefer they saved them both for Like A Virgin special edition

Honey, you need to give up this dreaming about expanded editions. These two songs do not belong on Like a Virgin. Aside from that, getting these singles on streaming does not mean that they won't be included on those re-releases. That said, I'd rather have demos and early versions as bonus tracks over stuff that was already released or belongs on a single release. Putting remixes or edits on expanded editions is shameful and lazy.

Either way, if they didn't include the Who's That Girl songs on the expanded version of True Blue, why the hell would they put the Vision Quest songs on there?

4 hours ago, MPowered said:

Exactly. If anything it would be Crazy for You (b/w Gambler).

I know I maybe be nitpicking but the original full-length version of Crazy for You is not included on Something to Remember. The version on Something to Remember is an early fade that was made to mimic the official 7" version. It's also remastered, so again a different version although only slightly different.

Both, the original album version of Crazy for You (4:12) and the 7" Fade (3:54) are not available on streaming, the latter isn't even available digitally.

Honey, you need to give up this dreaming about expanded editions. These two songs do not belong on Like a Virgin. Aside from that, getting these singles on streaming does not mean that they won't be included on those re-releases. That said, I'd rather have demos and early versions as bonus tracks over stuff that was already released or belongs on a single release. Putting remixes or edits on expanded editions is shameful and lazy.

Either way, if they didn't include the Who's That Girl songs on the expanded version of True Blue, why the hell would they put the Vision Quest songs on there?

Because the Who’s That Girl era and soundtrack was part of a tour a proper Madonna Movie and Tour that came way after the True Blue Era had ended. 

The Vision Quest and Susan songs landed right in the middle of the Like A Virgin  release schedule. Indeed UK versions of the album included Into The Groove. 
It also felt like more part of that Legend making era. Live To Tell was included on True Blue. I don’t think it’s out of the realms boo. 

My guess for the Everybody Remix EP:

1. Everybody - Extended Version (6:00)
  2. Everybody - Dub Version (9:00)
  3. Everybody - UK Remix (6:12)
  4. Everybody - UK Dub Remix (5:53)
  5. Everybody - UK Remix Edit (3:16)
  6. Everybody - UK Remix Instrumental (4:38) 
  7. Everybody - 1987 Extended Remix (7:06)

6 minutes ago, MPowered said:

My guess for the Everybody Remix EP:

1. Everybody - Extended Version (6:00)
  2. Everybody - Dub Version (9:00)
  3. Everybody - UK Remix (6:12)
  4. Everybody - UK Dub Remix (5:53)
  5. Everybody - UK Remix Edit (3:16)
  6. Everybody - UK Remix Instrumental (4:38) 
  7. Everybody - 1987 Extended Remix (7:06)

Isn't the Everybody release for November 25th referring to the RSD release?  Or are they planning to expand on releasing more mixes digitally as well on November 25th? 

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW