Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

59 minutes ago, MPowered said:

No, I think they have always been there for me. Physical Attraction is also still the incorrect version. It’s playing the album version instead of the mixed one.

Yes, on Spotify "You Can Dance" has always been the CD version (e.g. with the dub versions of "Holiday", "Into The Groove" and "Where's The Party").

4 hours ago, MPowered said:

No, I think they have always been there for me. Physical Attraction is also still the incorrect version. It’s playing the album version instead of the mixed one.

Physical Attraction was never remixed for this project (in the album liner, it's the only track without additional production). Its single edit is the same as the 1983 7" edit.

8 minutes ago, Arckangel said:

Physical Attraction was never remixed for this project (in the album liner, it's the only track without additional production). Its single edit is the same as the 1983 7" edit.

But on the "You Can Dance" album on Spotify, it's not the version that seques from "Everybody". It's the Madonna album version instead of the You Can Dance version.

2 hours ago, Arckangel said:

With “mixed” I meant it as in blending into the previous or the next track. On the CD version, Everybody blends into Physical Attraction which fades out regularly. The version on Spotify does not have the cross-fade. They have simply uploaded the regular album version from “Madonna”.

2 hours ago, Prayer said:

"You Can Dance (Single Edits)" still charting on iTunes worldwide:

ycd.png.01c3f7d7f06acefea57078f5fe058b3f.png

"Rain" EP:

"Up Down Suite" is the most streamed track on Spotify, with 151.831 streams so far, followed by "Rain (Video Edit)" with 75.265 and "Rain (Radio Remix)" with 34.794.

It got to Number 3 in the UK yesterday. 

IMG_3038.jpg

On 11/17/2022 at 3:35 AM, lennyleonard said:

So, I've compared this release of YCD - Single Edits from Qobuz to the tracks from the 1987 Promo CD. I took a very fast look at them at Spek, and ran them through Audacity to compare them. To my ears they don't sound bad at all, but, quite curiously to me, they are not exactly the same files.

All of them run at the same speed through the whole thing, which indicate they come from the same master, but they sound a little bit... tweaked - all the tracks from the 2022 release are cutoff at a slightly lower frequency.

Additional things I noted (current release compared to the 87 promo CD):
For Holiday, Everybody, Physical Attraction and Into The Groove, the volume is a bit lower; in Over And Over, it is a bit louder; and in Where's The Party, there is some variation in this matter
In Everybody, Into The Groove and Where's The Party the bass is not as prominent/or the treble is enhanced. I can't say this for sure, as my ears are untrained for this.

Anyway, I think it's curious that they are not the exact same tracks, as they were using the tracks from Promo CDs for other releases of this campaigns, but not for this one. The differences are very subtle (at least to me), but I wonder why there are there at all, as it wouldn't make sense to alter the tracks just this much.

I checked the files in Audacity too, I don't have the promo cd but I found it here. Considering all the above you said, same source and everything. Although I noticed tape noise at the end on each track. For Physical Attraction the volume is higher on my test. Everybody, Over and Over, Into the Groove & Where's the Party have different waveforms in general.

I think those are pre-mastered mixes (final mixes but not mastered) or at least not mastered for cd, maybe vinyl masters (?), less bass etc. But I personally like the promo cd sound.

Also does anyone checked the Rain digital EP? I only have the European CD and noticed minor volume differences mostly. (But I always prefer to compare the local releases if available. xD)

Edited by Haralampos (see edit history)

1 minute ago, MPowered said:

b/w version:

andyCNx.png

HQ reconstruction of the Bye Bye Baby cover (2000 x 2000 px):

MtBKc4u.png

black version (just for fun):

fJy6LFr.png

HQ reconstruction of the Deeper and Deeper cover (based on the actual 12" vinyl single). I made this using the raw and unedited picture of the original shoot and then retouched it to look like the official cover art (2000 x 2000 px):

2ApXo4d.png

I love the black bye bye baby one. I keep seeing versions with a red text? was that officil

• New_Boy changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - "You Can Dance (Single Edits)" OUT NOW!
  • Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW