Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

2 hours ago, rlittler81 said:

If they do release Gambler on streaming, it gives me hope that more obscure singles and tracks will see a release at some point.

I really hope so, things we are missing like La Isla Bonita Single Mix, Open Your Heart, Dress You Up etc. Exciting to think Gamber is actually coming on Friday. 

Finally! When I was a kid, I never accepted the fact Crazy for you and Gambler were not in the Like a Virgin tracklisting (in my region, Into the Groove was in). I only got the Vision Quest soundtrack few years later. I always wanted an official release with all the tracks + Crazy for you + Gambler + Into the Groove.

4 hours ago, diegolcl said:

Instrumental is indeed a Remix, it is not a instrumental of the Album/7'' Version.

Very happy that all of her singles are going to be on streaming! Now I think it's just missing some b-sides, right? :Madonna001:

sorry but you are wrong there - its the same version as whats on the vision quest ost - not a remix - only the 12" version is a remix...

So glad that they are not merging it with Crazy for You as some pessimists on here said! 🤭

It will be interesting to see whether Crazy for You will see a separate release and what they will put on the b-side instead. I’m guessing it’s going to be the official instrumental (which is unreleased and unleaked). Seems to be the only somewhat logical addition. 

1. Crazy for You (7" Version)

2. Crazy for You (Album Version)

3. Crazy for You (Instrumental)

Alternatively, they could add Warning Signs and make this release VERY special.

28 minutes ago, DjKingBee said:

Imagine if the Like A Virgin album had crazy for you / Into the Groove & Gambler added to the track list  - I think we would see Like A Virgin as one of her best album contenders for sure 

Like a Virgin is my least favorite Madonna album (although I still love it).  My issue with it is that it feels less like a Madonna album than any of the others.  Admittedly, those three LAV era additions would tip the scales for me and raise the Madonna magic level for me.  

Why does Gambler feel not as neglected as it was? Its ONLY on the Virgin Tour and thats it?!

Like, it feels somewhat neglected, but until you guys started talking , I didn't realize it was so scarce. Maybe Napster Downloads in the 00's disguised the scarcity?  I also felt like it was a B Side on a much later single. Like one of those yellow CDs. 

Oh wait I just saw the link above. It was on the La Isla Bonita Single. 

36 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

Why does Gambler feel not as neglected as it was? Its ONLY on the Virgin Tour and thats it?!

Like, it feels somewhat neglected, but until you guys started talking , I didn't realize it was so scarce. Maybe Napster Downloads in the 00's disguised the scarcity?  I also felt like it was a B Side on a much later single. Like one of those yellow CDs. 

Oh wait I just saw the link above. It was on the La Isla Bonita Single. 

How is this unreleased? It was included on the Vision quest soundtrack, 12” single and 7” 

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW