Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

So, if this 7" version of Gambler is a tad faster, does this mean that it has never been released before? Or is it newly sped-up?

Also, the version I have on CD is the La Isla Bonita Japanese EP. Would this version then be considered the original album version and is hence different to what we are getting at midnight?

31 minutes ago, Bjonkers said:

So, if this 7" version of Gambler is a tad faster, does this mean that it has never been released before? Or is it newly sped-up?

Also, the version I have on CD is the La Isla Bonita Japanese EP. Would this version then be considered the original album version and is hence different to what we are getting at midnight?

I think they just accidentally played the tape a bit too fast because the machine was miscalibrated, I don't think it's intentional

@MPowered could you try to recreate the Gambler digital cover using a better quality version of the pic from The Virgin Tour please?

https://mega.nz/folder/YdZ0wbyZ#Vab0Eba60D65e5dQGmXHTQ

I have these pics, I don't know if they work for you. 

Also maybe you can try to recreate the 7" vinyl cover where the letters are fully uncropped please? 

4 hours ago, PaperFaces said:

What the hell is wrong with Mike Dean??

What headphones does

he use?

GET HIM AWAY FROM HER MUSIC!!!

Madonna, wake up!

No professional mastering engineer works with headphones.

I really doubt that all these mistakes and errors come from human intervention, a sound expert would never approve them. Save for FEL, the newly "remastered" tracks are more probably passed though software settings, and a label assistant/intern will only check them on a laptop before uploading them to streaming distributors.

19 minutes ago, PlayPause said:

No professional mastering engineer works with headphones.

I really doubt that all these mistakes and errors come from human intervention, a sound expert would never approve them. Save for FEL, the newly "remastered" tracks are more probably passed though software settings, and a label assistant/intern will only check them on a laptop before uploading them to streaming distributors.

I was being sarcastic to illustrate my point about Dean.

1 hour ago, Rebel Hugo said:

@MPowered could you try to recreate the Gambler digital cover using a better quality version of the pic from The Virgin Tour please?

https://mega.nz/folder/YdZ0wbyZ#Vab0Eba60D65e5dQGmXHTQ

I have these pics, I don't know if they work for you. 

Also maybe you can try to recreate the 7" vinyl cover where the letters are fully uncropped please? 

Sure! I‘ll see what I can do :) 

31 minutes ago, Prayer said:

How do we know Mike Dean is behind the remastering on the "Everybody" digital single and now "Gambler"? He's credited on the "Everybody" RSD vinyl but nowhere credited in the other two.

(I don't think it's him).

I think the Gambler one might come from the 2009 Celebration remastering sessions.

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW