Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

10 minutes ago, planetbenjamin said:

Number 5 in the UK!!! 🥰🥰🥰

A71CFC37-F0AD-4313-A1A4-6D3F00E780CF.jpeg

This would have been a good song to use in stranger things imo - would have given the song a good boost and seeing as she wrote it M would have benefited from it - not that she needs the money of course but could have bought more grills or hot pants 🥰

13 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

So is it not worth purchasing on qobuz then ? I already have gambler from Japan CDs and the instrumental in digital wav that I bought a decade ago from a collector so was just going to buy the 12” version ? 

It's up to you. Many of us hate the remaster, others love the sound quality. It's a good remaster, but the heavy dynamic range compression makes the tracks sound too loud and distorted in certain parts of the song. Try to listen a preview. 

1 minute ago, Aiwa08 said:

It's up to you. Many of us hate the remaster, others love the sound quality. It's a good remaster, but the heavy dynamic range compression makes the tracks sound too loud and distorted in certain parts of the song. Try to listen a preview. 

Ok thanks - I think I’ll just get the 12” version and the artwork which I love - very cute imo 😘

31 minutes ago, PaperFaces said:

Maybe it's just me, but I bought the 24-bit/96khz single of HDTracks and they sound absolutely gorgeous. There does seem to be a difference between the ITunes files (at least, the excerpts) and the files I purchased.

I have the 96000 Hz/24 bits from QOBUZ and even her voice is distorted when she sings loud. But I can't notice distortion in the 30 seconds HDTRACKS preview... :thinker:

1 hour ago, wtg1987 said:

So is it not worth purchasing on qobuz then ? I already have gambler from Japan CDs and the instrumental in digital wav that I bought a decade ago from a collector so was just going to buy the 12” version ? 

Could you share with us that digital version of the instrumental remix please? It's because to can listen to it without that "new remaster" :hearno:

1 hour ago, PaperFaces said:

Maybe it's just me, but I bought the 24-bit/96khz single of HDTracks and they sound absolutely gorgeous. There does seem to be a difference between the ITunes files (at least, the excerpts) and the files I purchased.

1 hour ago, Aiwa08 said:

I have the 96000 Hz/24 bits from QOBUZ and even her voice is distorted when she sings loud. But I can't notice distortion in the 30 seconds HDTRACKS preview... :thinker:

Really? Should we purchase that version then?

https://www.hdtracks.com/#/album/638fd525b6f9375a89a7ca46

On 12/6/2022 at 7:19 PM, Sultrysully said:

Like a Virgin is my least favorite Madonna album (although I still love it).  My issue with it is that it feels less like a Madonna album than any of the others.  Admittedly, those three LAV era additions would tip the scales for me and raise the Madonna magic level for me.  

I feel the same way. It feels like a record company creation. Generally, I don’t really like live drums in Madonna songs.

2 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

So Gambler was planned to be on Celebration but not Angel, True Blue, Causing a Commotion, Rescue Me, Deeper and Deeper, I’ll Remember…. ?

No, There was a collection of reference CDs with several mixes of different singles assembled for Celebration before the actual song selection, including the Like a Prayer dubs and other things. We don’t know the track lists for all of them. A few of those discs have popped up on Ebay though. Gambler's Extended Dance Mix was apparently on one of those as well.

5 minutes ago, MPowered said:

No, There was a collection of reference CDs with several mixes of different singles assembled for Celebration before the actual song selection, including the Like a Prayer dubs and other things. We don’t know the track lists for all of them. A few of those discs have popped up on Ebay though. Gambler's Extended Dance Mix was apparently on one of those as well.

Those r the ones where this came from?:

2009 Rescue Me [July 12th - Celebration Remastering Sessions - New Alt. Mix #2 - NOT FOR REPRINT - Not Selected]

that was also said to be fake???

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW