Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

51 minutes ago, MPowered said:

What exactly is Madonna gonna tour? Her greatest hits? I'm pretty sure if that were the case, she would have actually said something by now.

Exactly, she's doing a greatest hits tour according to rumors.

Official announcement is said to be happening January 17, so we'll know anyway in a week. :cute:

4 hours ago, MPowered said:

The Sun also announced Madonna's "Indian summer" as a new/upcoming single in 2019. They also claimed Madonna shot a video dressed as a "terror bride" for Superstar. They get their info mostly from Madonna forums. They are OFTEN TIMES not reliable.

What exactly is Madonna gonna tour? Her greatest hits? I'm pretty sure if that were the case, she would have actually said something by now.

At this point it’s beyond a rumor, and not something based on The Sun.

Weve had social postings from dancers/choreographers, teases on IG from M with Jamie King, and venue rumors.

2 hours ago, MPowered said:

Those three awful bonus tracks could have stayed hidden, in my opinion. All three at the bottom of my ranking.

Anyway, that cover is the best imo. Should have been the regular.

‘Ciao Bella’ is excellent and should have been on the standard version. The other two…not so much.

35 minutes ago, animalinstinct said:

‘Ciao Bella’ is excellent and should have been on the standard version. The other two…not so much.

I don't think so. It sounds like a “featuring Madonna” song. The beat is dated as fuck, like all the house tracks on the album.

3 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

It sounds like something Moby would have done in the 90’s with a couple of modern production techniques. 

But that’s the whole idea of the production. I hear more Michael Cretu than Moby. 
It’s inspired by 90s worlbeat/ambient but made contemporary. 
It’s not dated. It references a vintage sound. 
So in conclusion True Blue sound dated in 1986 because it referenced a 50s sound

1 hour ago, thegoldencalf said:

But that’s the whole idea of the production. I hear more Michael Cretu than Moby. 
It’s inspired by 90s worlbeat/ambient but made contemporary. 
It’s not dated. It references a vintage sound. 
So in conclusion True Blue sound dated in 1986 because it referenced a 50s sound

I would argue it’s not the same. True Blue is definitely 50’s inspired musically, but the production sounds updated. 

Ciao Bella just sounds like it was lifted straight out of 2001. The filtered vocal effects aren’t enough to label the track as sounding current. 

14 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

I would argue it’s not the same. True Blue is definitely 50’s inspired musically, but the production sounds updated. 

Ciao Bella just sounds like it was lifted straight out of 2001. The filtered vocal effects aren’t enough to label the track as sounding current. 

I think a lot of the production sounds pretty current and it’s nothing that would have been done 25 years ago. 
And regardless, can we say something’s dated because it references a style that’s been out for 20-30 years? 
Personally I consider dated something that can’t transcend the time of its release (Turn Up The Radio cough) or that was released relatively close to a trend that passed

25 minutes ago, Ayham said:

They should release a limited LP with this artwork! But she’s with Warner how come this got a release?

simple - back that up to the beat revival on tiktok - apparently this whole re-issue campaign is being driven by twats on tiktok and their 30 second self indulgent posts - screw the fans who've worshipped M for years and have wanted unreleased demos ... thats not important to Warners or Interscope...

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW