Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

1 hour ago, Fabiolous said:

I don't think Spotify allows that. They would need to take down the whole EP and re-upload it

Exactly, they can update existing tracks on a release but not add new ones. But they can always release an "Erotica, Remixes Part II" EP, it's done all the time on digital. :cute:

Latest on "Rain":

The release date has been updated to November 11 2022 on streaming services and now it should appear as her latest release everywhere (not yet on Apple Music, I see, maybe it's a matter of hours).

Good debut numbers for the "Rain" EP on Spotify. There wasn't a pitch for Release Radar from Warner cause the biggest numbers are split between two tracks. That happens when the record company doesn't pitch a track and/or is a last minute release and there's no time for doing that, so automatically Spotify decides which one is best for each user on their Release Radar playlists.

Most of the users got "Rain (Video Edit)" and it debuts with 56.494 streams.

Other users got "Up Down Suite" and it debuts with 17.237 streams.

The rest of the remixes debut with numbers around 5.000 streams, except for "Rain (Radio Remix Edit)", just 3.324 streams.

Promising debut numbers!

The "Rain" digital single is doing good on iTunes too, currently is Top 10 in 8 countries and Top 20 in 11:

#1 Greece

# 5 Mexico

#6 Australia

#6 Italy

#6 Spain

#8 Czech Republic

#8 Netherlands

#9 Poland

#12 France

#13 Ireland

#18 United Kingdom

#24 Thailand

#29 United States

#31 Germany

#31 Sri Lanka

#37 Canada

#43 Bulgaria

Sexy Queen Of Pop GIF by Madonna

For some time, artists can upload their music videos on "Facebook Watch", and even if I don't think it's available in Italy yet (I can't see the full videos, but only 30 second snippets without audio), I can still view the list of available videos, and I found that Fever HD video was uploaded 10 days ago. Still nothing for Rain at the moment.

cVheZqO.jpg

A curious thing is that they also recently uploaded two videos from ROL + Miles Away. All old videos were uploaded in July 2020 when they launched the platform. I don't know if they were simply missing from the list (although it seems strange to me for a song as big as Frozen), or replaced them with the ones that were there before (even if this upload of Frozen isn't even in HD).

Rfo1Yes.jpg

Another thing I noticed instead concerns the Canvas on Spotify. Surprisingly they worried about putting some of them for the "most important" tracks of these 3 released EPs, and one of these lucky ones was "Up Down Suite", to which they put a Canvas with pieces from the "Erotica" video. It would be nice to see a full video edited with pieces from the "Erotica" video or "Sex" film. Not to mention the hope that they will release "Goodbye To Innocence" (Original + Fever Dub + Demo) soon.

368131c72547ac670260891d32269809.gif

16 minutes ago, SalvoPK said:

For some time, artists can upload their music videos on "Facebook Watch", and even if I don't think it's available in Italy yet (I can't see the full videos, but only 30 second snippets without audio), I can still view the list of available videos, and I found that Fever HD video was uploaded 10 days ago. Still nothing for Rain at the moment.

cVheZqO.jpg

A curious thing is that they also recently uploaded two videos from ROL + Miles Away. All old videos were uploaded in July 2020 when they launched the platform. I don't know if they were simply missing from the list (although it seems strange to me for a song as big as Frozen), or replaced them with the ones that were there before (even if this upload of Frozen isn't even in HD).

Rfo1Yes.jpg

Another thing I noticed instead concerns the Canvas on Spotify. Surprisingly they worried about putting some of them for the "most important" tracks of these 3 released EPs, and one of these lucky ones was "Up Down Suite", to which they put a Canvas with pieces from the "Erotica" video. It would be nice to see a full video edited with pieces from the "Erotica" video or "Sex" film. Not to mention the hope that they will release "Goodbye To Innocence" (Original + Fever Dub + Demo) soon.

368131c72547ac670260891d32269809.gif

Interesting!

The videos for "Frozen", "Drowned World/Substitute For Love" and "Miles Away" were also added recently to Apple Music/iTunes. So maybe they send them to all outlets?

I was surprised too at the canvas of "Up Down Suite" on Spotify with the "Erotica" video footage. That and the original release date (October 21st 2022) made me guess that maybe they were planning this EP for the 30th anniversary of the album (the date, I mean) but then decided to make a whole campaign with all the singles or something. Who knows.

55 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Exactly, they can update existing tracks on a release but not add new ones. But they can always release an "Erotica, Remixes Part II" EP, it's done all the time on digital. :cute:

Latest on "Rain":

The release date has been updated to November 11 2022 on streaming services and now it should appear as her latest release everywhere (not yet on Apple Music, I see, maybe it's a matter of hours).

Good debut numbers for the "Rain" EP on Spotify. There wasn't a pitch for Release Radar from Warner cause the biggest numbers are split between two tracks. That happens when the record company doesn't pitch a track and/or is a last minute release and there's no time for doing that, so automatically Spotify decides which one is best for each user on their Release Radar playlists.

Most of the users got "Rain (Video Edit)" and it debuts with 56.494 streams.

Other users got "Up Down Suite" and it debuts with 17.237 streams.

The rest of the remixes debut with numbers around 5.000 streams, except for "Rain (Radio Remix Edit)", just 3.324 streams.

Promising debut numbers!

The "Rain" digital single is doing good on iTunes too, currently is Top 10 in 8 countries and Top 20 in 11:

#1 Greece

# 5 Mexico

#6 Australia

#6 Italy

#6 Spain

#8 Czech Republic

#8 Netherlands

#9 Poland

#12 France

#13 Ireland

#18 United Kingdom

#24 Thailand

#29 United States

#31 Germany

#31 Sri Lanka

#37 Canada

#43 Bulgaria

Sexy Queen Of Pop GIF by Madonna

Philippines is nowhere to be found. The fuck?

10 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

I'm thinking the unmixed versions and dubs (remastered) could be held for an expanded edition in the future while the single edits (maybe all remastered for FEL consideration already) would be good to celebrate the 35th anniversary 

They better not release these botched remastered versions. They sounded dreadful!

7 hours ago, Roy said:

Hopefully we get the unmixed extended versions soon too. I know it may be wishful thinking but it may be possible. I mean, Emily made miracles with a digital version of Fever (Edit Two) for the first time in 30 years. :D

Fever (Edit Two) and Fever (Radio Edit Remix). We got two tracks only available on vinyl and cassette before.

Now waiting for "Open Your Heart" EP with the "Edit of Extended Version" also known as "Remix",  and the unmixed extended versions of You Can Dance (no-remastered, please, please, please).

28 minutes ago, MPowered said:

They better not release these botched remastered versions. They sounded dreadful!

Sadly, I totally agree with you. For example Everybody (7'' Version) and "Open Your Heart" from FEL are unlistenable. Sometimes I don't know if the problem is the remaster or the heavy Dynamic Range compression applied after the remaster (or both).

Y’all are forgetting that the early 90’s were PEAK get the money out of the general public years. After the low single sales in 89-91 in the UK record stores were making coin on imports more than ever from 93 onwards. Stores in the UK has specific and well branded IMPORTS sections.

If Jenny from HR wanted the new Madonna single she’d just go and buy it she wasn’t really fucked about the remixes. It was 15 yr old cigs like me that went without food and clothing to buy every damn, cassingle, 7”, maxi, import 12” picture disc and  even 2cd formats from 94. Rain in particular I had so many formats. So really Warner and Madonna won. Y’all can Bitch about strategy all you want. I was living…. And starving. 

• New_Boy changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - "Rain" OUT NOW!
28 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Fever (Edit Two) and Fever (Radio Edit Remix). We got two tracks only available on vinyl and cassette before.

Now waiting for "Open Your Heart" EP with the "Edit of Extended Version" also known as "Remix",  and the unmixed extended versions of You Can Dance (no-remastered, please, please, please).

I think once the re-releases really started to gain attention they started to go through the archives to dig up all the reference CDs (including the ones we don’t know about).

38 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

The reissues would never be remastered... unless explicitly stated.

18 minutes ago, Roy said:

The reissues would never be remastered... unless explicitly stated.

And that is my worst nightmare... Saving her "most wanted" edits and remixes for the Deluxe Editions and they being butchered remastered.

A good remaster could be something impressive, but at the moment a lot of her remastered tracks sound really dreadful. 

1 hour ago, Aiwa08 said:

And that is my worst nightmare... Saving her "most wanted" edits and remixes for the Deluxe Editions and they being butchered remastered.

A good remaster could be something impressive, but at the moment a lot of her remastered tracks sound really dreadful. 

I think the only ones that sound questionable are the Everybody EP, OYH and Deeper on FEL. 
For the most part the remasters on FEL sound amazing. Especially the YCD tracks and EY. Even the Erotica picture disc sounds great.

I’m hoping for the YCD edits they upload an in-house master transfer and not a rip of the promo CD. That promo CD doesn’t sound very good compared to the EP and the vinyl

19 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

I think the only ones that sound questionable are the Everybody EP, OYH and Deeper on FEL. 
For the most part the remasters on FEL sound amazing. Especially the YCD tracks and EY. Even the Erotica picture disc sounds great.

I’m hoping for the YCD edits they upload an in-house master transfer and not a rip of the promo CD. That promo CD doesn’t sound very good compared to the EP and the vinyl

From what I have learned from @Aiwa08, pretty much the single EPs, for the most part, are sourced from hi-res material so I am pretty confident for YCD single edits to be in hi-res quality for the first time. :D

8 minutes ago, Roy said:

From what I have learned from @Aiwa08, pretty much the single EPs, for the most part, are sourced from hi-res material so I am pretty confident for YCD single edits to be in hi-res quality for the first time. :D

Wait, wait, wait.... I've never said they are sourced from Hi-Res material. I've said that the TIDAL Master files has real "music information" above the 20000 Hz, but I don't know if they are real information from the master tapes or the TIDAL algorithm "upscale" the 44100 Hz tracks (i'm talking when the master files are only available on TIDAL and not in QOBUZ).

37 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

I agree with the YCD tracks, they sound amazing, but in my opinion EY and Vogue have too much treble. Anyway FEL is a mixed bag with the quality of the remasters. 

30 minutes ago, Roy said:

I doubt they’ll do something as nice as releasing it in true HD

26 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Wait, wait, wait.... I've never said they are sourced from Hi-Res material. I've said that the TIDAL Master files has real "music information" above the 20000 Hz, but I don't know if they are real information from the master tapes or the TIDAL algorithm "upscale" the 44100 Hz tracks (i'm talking when the master files are only available on TIDAL and not in QOBUZ).

Which ones are we talking about? And are these available anywhere for download?

16 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

I agree with the YCD tracks, they sound amazing, but in my opinion EY and Vogue have too much treble. Anyway FEL is a mixed bag with the quality of the remasters. 

I think FEL is challenging in terms of remastering because the material is so all over the place and mastered so differently.

It could only be done perfectly if they went back to the multi tracks and re-mixed everything like they did for the Immaculate Collection. But that kind of work is not realistic for a 50 song compilation 

I'm kinda shook we're getting the You Can Dance single edits. It's such an oddity in her discography. It's like....way down there in terms of her album discography even though I adore it. Like...It's at the bottom off the pile really in terms of significance huh? I really think we getting everything they have on digital. In four years time when the majority of the reissue campaign has completed it's cycle there'll likely be scant few oddities that become streaming Holy Grail items. One of the biggest winners outside of Warner and Madonna, is Spotify. Once this lot is on Spotify Apple music will become completely redundant to me and I can't wait for the full switch. Now Janet, Mariah and Madonna are bringing their catalogue fully streamable Apple is defunct.

33 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Which ones are we talking about? And are these available anywhere for download?

TIDAL MASTER FILES. All EPs are mark as "MASTER" files. You can only download the 44100 Hz version, but using certain TIDAL software or hardware, you can "decompress" the 44100 Hz file into a 96000Hz /192000 Hz "Hi-Res" file (and then you can record the Hi-Res file like any vinyl or digital streaming).

CsvM6p6.jpg

Fever (Edit Two) Hi-Res sample: https://mega.nz/file/UxMSARwI#37aewRqubQ5LWZTvOBF1Ag5jZ3E5jFHIv2YBxIz69a8

On 10/27/2022 at 12:00 PM, rgdlee said:

It sounds to me that the “album edit” of Deeper and Deeper is in fact an edit of Shep’s Classic 12”
Mtv Drinking GIF

No, not quite. Shep's Classic 12" doesn't have the whole Spanish guitar section. I read somewhere that he didn't like it but Madonna insisted on it. 

On 10/28/2022 at 12:43 PM, Dance_Freak said:

I've also wondered if it's possible to create the original demo of Deeper And Deeper without the flamenco bridge and with Shep's piano riff instead (as heard on the Shep's Classic 12" and, well, on the Rain Tapes). 

Anyone caring? 

I've tried this a couple times and failed. Don't remember why exactly it didn't work. 

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW