Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

49 minutes ago, diegolcl said:

Do you really think Madonna of all people would lose money by doing it?

Nobody said she would lose money, but the return on investment would probably be lower than any other new release or endorsement or partnership.

As @thegoldencalfsaid, they might as well be working on it for the WB re-releases campaign. Once again, NOBODY spends money on Youtube only, unless you're a supermarket haul influencer.

2 minutes ago, PlayPause said:

because they're a one hit wonder and they're optimizing everything they can to keep on cashing in from You Spin Me Round.

So, M has multiple hits, the global radio royalties alone from Vogue and Like A Prayer must generate more than enough cash for a remaster. BTW I’m not blaming Madonna herself, it’s not her job to care about 4K, she’s the artist, I doubt she gives a rats ass. 

2 minutes ago, luluthecat said:

So, M has multiple hits, the global radio royalties alone from Vogue and Like A Prayer must generate more than enough cash for a remaster. BTW I’m not blaming Madonna herself, it’s not her job to care about 4K, she’s the artist, I doubt she gives a rats ass. 

Yes, and she does what she wants with her money too.

9 minutes ago, PlayPause said:

Nobody said she would lose money, but the return on investment would probably be lower than any other new release or endorsement or partnership.

As @thegoldencalfsaid, they might as well be working on it for the WB re-releases campaign. Once again, NOBODY spends money on Youtube only, unless you're a supermarket haul influencer.

We have literally shown you a bunch of factual restored videos of artists that did it and yet you can't accept that they could do it with Madonna's videos if they wanted and there's no factual source for the reason you keep giving for why they don't, it's just your guess. 

They are not working on anything, stop living in the world of "maybe they are.. we don't know". What's the point???
They are working of those lazy ass artificial HD upgrades that fans have been making and sharing for free with far better results. That's what we know and that's what we're getting.

Before Celebration DVD people kept saying they would never release Crazy for You, Live to Tell, Who's That Girl videos on DVD because of "the movie rights". That's was the "reason" people gave for the lack of some videos on Immaculate DVD. You sound just like those people. 

40 minutes ago, PlayPause said:

judgement

tantrum

she doesn't owe you a thing, she does what she wants with her works of art

But it is carelessness at this point, they have the money to do something even one hit wonders did with their videos and still go for the AI upscales route instead? Idc that much but cmon Madonna not paying for actual remasters of her legendary vudeograohy is totally criminal. There's no excuse for that. 

1 hour ago, PlayPause said:

How can you be so sure?

Because there is no evidence whatsoever, therefor they are not.

I could come here and say "Madonna is remaking the 3 lost Virgin Tour performances with holograms to include on the upcoming Bluray and argue that it is true just because one "can't be sure" she isn't. Please...

4 hours ago, diegolcl said:

Yes, it is not profitable probably but I'm sure they would not lose money doing it, at least for iconic videos, come on... Dead or Alive, a-ha, George Michael, ABBA, now Michael Jackson and others have made true HD/4K scans of their videos. Do you really think Madonna of all people would lose money by doing it?

Why on earth would they shot a Madonna video from the 80's in a lower quality than a video from Dead or Alive for crying it out loud... This is from 1985:

And don't forget Weird Al. He personally rescanned and re-edited "Eat It" himself because he had the original film in his own possession. Maybe if he and his ex-girlfriend Madonna were able to bury the hatchet, he could help her out too. 

5 hours ago, PlayPause said:

35mm, apart from Vogue ? I doubt it. More probably 16mm at best, so a 4K transfer will never look as good as Thriller.

Yeah, a lot of her videos were shot on 35mm.

Also, 16mm isnt a crummy format. Many TV shows were shot on 16mm. A lot of TV shows today are still shot on 16mm.

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW