Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

From Everybody, all Madonna videos were produced by Boy Toy no matter what the production company or producer was. Boy Toy was always in charge according to IMDB https://www.imdb.com/search/title/?companies=co0049696&ref_=adv_prv

So she owns some masters somewhere BUT since Keshishian said he did not know where the master of Truth or Dare was 'after Miramax was bought by Disney)...well...and judging by how Madonna forgot about personal stuff like the Tupac letter Darlene Lutz had in her storage and what Melanie Crow had in hers....

Hopefully Warner, as co-producer, has masters somewhere too. 

Now, is the Jackson Estate making 4K versions of Billie Jean and Beat It too ?

9 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

From Everybody, all Madonna videos were produced by Boy Toy no matter what the production company or producer was. Boy Toy was always in charge according to IMDB https://www.imdb.com/search/title/?companies=co0049696&ref_=adv_prv

So she owns some masters somewhere BUT since Keshishian said he did not know where the master of Truth or Dare was 'after Miramax was bought by Disney)...well...and judging by how Madonna forgot about personal stuff like the Tupac letter Darlene Lutz had in her storage and what Melanie Crow had in hers....

Hopefully Warner, as co-producer, has masters somewhere too. 

Now, is the Jackson Estate making 4K versions of Billie Jean and Beat It too ?

It also depends where they were stored - I heard that some were at the World Trade buildings and have been lost when they were blown up :/

8 minutes ago, Jackie said:

It also depends where they were stored - I heard that some were at the World Trade buildings and have been lost when they were blown up :/

Wasn't that a rumour ? I believe it was only  her accountant that had an office there. 

I wonder how much it cost to make new 4K from masters. It must be very expansive otherwise ALL studios would be making new transfer of their back catalogue. Since technology evolves very fast maybe one day they'll find a cheaper way to do it. When i see the quality of Thriller, it' not just Madonna's videos that i want to see in this quality but A LOT of movies too.

I guess eventually everything will come out in this quality. It’s just a case of prioritizing and the thing is they can always upgrade these Madonna videos again in 5 or 10 years time if they want to. A lot of other artists are doing the lazy/cheap option like Madonna which is still marginally better than the 480p stuff that was up there before. The demand for Thriller and Beat It is obviously higher than most old videos but maybe when labels/artists see the success of those they will want to put in that level of effort too. 

I do not believe for a second that Madonna’s old videos have been “lost” or were in the world trade centre. I expect Warner will have all the old videos archived. There would never be any doubt that interest in Madonna’s catalogue is huge, it’s not like she’s some random artist who’s work would just get tossed away.

1 minute ago, Sillynate said:

Hi everyone I’m too lazy to dig through the thread to see if I can find an answer so I’ll just ask here 

Was this you can dance single edits thing released back in the 80’s and is just now being made for streaming or is it a new compilation entirely?

It was a promo only release in the 80's and has now been released digitally for the first time :)

Most likely:

1. Bye Bye Baby (Album Version)3:56

2. Bye Bye Baby (N.Y. Hip Hop Mix)3:51

3. Bye Bye Baby (California Hip Hop Jazzy)3:43

4. Bye Bye Baby (Madonna's Night On The Club)5:16

5. Bye Bye Baby (Rick Does Madonna's Dub)6:20

6. Bye Bye Baby (House Mix)3:50

7. Bye Bye Baby (Madonna Gets Hardcore)

1 minute ago, deathproof said:

Most likely:

1. Bye Bye Baby (Album Version)3:56

2. Bye Bye Baby (N.Y. Hip Hop Mix)3:51

3. Bye Bye Baby (California Hip Hop Jazzy)3:43

4. Bye Bye Baby (Madonna's Night On The Club)5:16

5. Bye Bye Baby (Rick Does Madonna's Dub)6:20

6. Bye Bye Baby (House Mix)3:50

7. Bye Bye Baby (Madonna Gets Hardcore)

I want the Tallahassee Pop :broken:

37 minutes ago, deathproof said:

Bye Bye Baby coming Friday November 2nd

priced at 6.99

so looks like 7 tracks.

Rain was 4.99 and had 6 tracks.

Since this one's 6.99 it might be 8 tracks:

1. Bye Bye Baby (Album Version) 3:56
  2. Bye Bye Baby (N.Y. Hip Hop Mix) 3:51
  3. Bye Bye Baby (California Hip Hop Jazzy) 3:43
  4. Bye Bye Baby (Madonna's Night On The Club) 5:16
  5. Bye Bye Baby (Rick Does Madonna's Dub) 6:20
  6. Bye Bye Baby (House Mix) 3:50
  7. Bye Bye Baby (Madonna Gets Hardcore) 4:24
  8. Bye Bye Baby (Tallahassee Pop) 3:52

If they're nice, they will replace the album version with Daniel Abraham's US Single Mix.

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW