Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

3 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

To think that even these expanded/remastered will ever see the light of day, the discussion will not end because the mastering won't be good enough, the versions won't be the right ones, the booklets won't be exactly the same font...just...what is already being said for the digital singles...

That's also kind of a commercial angle that the record companies take. Not just with historical releases. Many artists release cd/ vinyl / tape / digital releases with different tracks on different variants to keep money rolling in.

Warner giving us everything we want?

i-would-like-to-see-it.gif

10 hours ago, Cyberraga said:

Nope. That would be an overkill. 

I predict (don't take it for granted!)

Madonna & Like a Virgin as one

True Blue 

Like a Prayer

Erotica (this one might be not a landmark album in Warner eyes although Madonna loves it, if not the most of all of her discography)

Ray of Light 

Confessions on a Dancefloor

There is also a possibility "landmark album reissues" is refered only to 80s albums. We'll see. For know let's enjoy Madonna's streaming singles catalogue growing.

I think the "landmark albums" will go beyond the 80's, but I agree that the first two albums could very well be grouped together. Or maybe, it's just wishful thinking, being I want both albums re-issued in an expanded way.  I do not believe for a second that she will ever include any of her earlier demos before Madonna album other than possibly the earlier versions of Everybody and Burning Up and Ain't No Big Deal.  But I question that, being we got those for Pre-Madonna even though that wasn't something truly from Madonna. 

I still am not expecting many other demos or unreleased material for the follow up albums on it's expansive sets.  I hope to be wrong though. 

On 4/16/2024 at 1:55 AM, BoyToyMark said:

Definitely. Seeing as we're not getting anything for RSD it would be nice for them to upload the 'Who's That Girl/Causing A Commotion' 12" from the other year haha. Maybe like this:

1. Who's That Girl
  2. Who's That Girl [Extended Version]
  3. Who's That Girl [Dub Version]
  4. Causing A Commotion [Single Mix]
  5. Causing A Commotion [Silver Screen Mix]
  6. Causing A Commotion [Movie House Mix]
  7. Causing A Commotion [Dub Version]

Once again: No.

Who's That Girl & Causing A Commotion were not released as a dual single. Adding them like this would be a disgrace.

Keep the singles that were released separately (in the US) as separate singles. Besides, the cover they used belongs to You Can Dance. That release was a RSD exclusive. It should stay that way.

7 hours ago, MaDöner Kebab said:

Who's That Girl & Causing A Commotion were not released as a dual single. Adding them like this would be a disgrace.

Keep the singles that were released separately (in the US) as separate singles. Besides, the cover they used belongs to You Can Dance. That release was a RSD exclusive. It should stay that way.

It's just a suggestion, I don't control the releases. I was just saying it would be nice to have them on streaming in some capacity and this could be a nice way. I would actually prefer them separately also as that's how they were released; even in Aus where I am.

What I don't appreciate is 'Once again: No.'. I won't accept condescending rubbish from other fans, had it in another thread and its genuinely embarrassing behaviour. 

17 hours ago, BoyToyMark said:

It's just a suggestion, I don't control the releases. I was just saying it would be nice to have them on streaming in some capacity and this could be a nice way. I would actually prefer them separately also as that's how they were released; even in Aus where I am.

What I don't appreciate is 'Once again: No.'. I won't accept condescending rubbish from other fans, had it in another thread and its genuinely embarrassing behaviour. 

I prefer RSD releases to stay exclusive to it's release, but I do understand why some fans want EVERYTHING on digital.  It's just not realistic and I think all artists should have something exclusive and rare to certain formats.  Let's remember, those RSD releases, those fans stood in line or waited a long time to obtain those releases. Also.. for me, I feel like some exclusive releases to certain formats makes such collections far more valuable and worthy.  At the end of the day, anything that does only remain officially on physical formats, tend to be ripped and shared anyway.  It's a win-win for most fans if they do the proper digging for what they want.  I will always maintain that no artist should be expected to release every single remix, edit, demo or instrumental to digital or streaming services.  Very few people care about them. Therefore, I think those who do will find a way to obtain them for their own collection. :)

3 minutes ago, Donna said:

I'm prefer RSD releases to stay exclusive to it's release, but I do understand why some fans want EVERYTHING on digital.  It's just not realistic and I think all artists should have something exclusive and rare to certain formats.  Let's remember, those RSD releases, those fans stood in line or waited a long time to obtain those releases. Also.. for me, I feel like some exclusive releases to certain formats makes such collections far more valuable and worthy.  At the end of the day, anything that does only remain officially on physical formats, tend to be ripped and shared anyway.  It's a win-win for most fans if they do the proper digging for what they want.  I will always maintain that no artist should be expected to release every single remix, edit, demo or instrumental to digital or streaming services.  Very few people care about them. Therefore, I think those who do will find a way to obtain them for their own collection. :)

Yeah definitely and I'm sure most of the RSD releases will remain exclusives. And you're right I love my copy of the Super Club mix because I did line up and get it. So I see that for sure. :) I just hope the 12" mixes get uploaded really haha.

1 minute ago, BoyToyMark said:

Yeah definitely and I'm sure most of the RSD releases will remain exclusives. And you're right I love my copy of the Super Club mix because I did line up and get it. So I see that for sure. :) I just hope the 12" mixes get uploaded really haha.

I expect those remixes for both songs will see the light of day in the near future.  I understand why they could combine the two, being they were the two big singles from that period.  They did it for the Super Club release, so why not digitally and for streaming?  I'm not picky how they choose to do it.  I don't disagree the mixes you suggest shouldn't be available digitally and for streaming.  :)

2 hours ago, BoyToyMark said:

Once again no 😆

I think the rumour of them bundling the firsts 2 albums together came from them ignoring the 40th anniversary of the debut album, and people desperately wanting that era to be celebrated and not go unnoticed. 

I would rather have them bundled than no reissue of the first album tbh

35 minutes ago, Diieeego said:

I think the rumour of them bundling the firsts 2 albums together came from them ignoring the 40th anniversary of the debut album, and people desperately wanting that era to be celebrated and not go unnoticed. 

Once again no

7 hours ago, Diieeego said:

I agree on all accounts here.  It's probably not happening, but I will admit that I'm one of those who was hoping this would happen.  I guess we'll see, but I'm not going to hold my breath.  Though I still believe something is coming later this year for LAV 40th.  What that is?  Who knows? :)

30 minutes ago, JustinTimes said:

Back On Topic:

So, I'm assuming there is no such thing as, Angel - Fade Edit! I can't find it anywhere listed as that, officially. 

It's just called Radio Edit?

On the Angel 7” the edit was just listed as ‘Angel’ but was a fade of the album version.

The title ‘Angel (Fade Edit)’ comes from the Japanese CD Single Collection box set released in 1996.

The digital release is the first time it’s been labelled as ‘Radio Edit’ but it’s the same version.

6 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

On the Angel 7” the edit was just listed as ‘Angel’ but was a fade of the album version.

The title ‘Angel (Fade Edit)’ comes from the Japanese CD Single Collection box set released in 1996.

The digital release is the first time it’s been labelled as ‘Radio Edit’ but it’s the same version.

Actually the Japan CD Single box didn't contain any tag as "Fade Edit", just as "Angel" like most of the original 7'' releases:

NS04MzEyLmpwZWc.jpeg

NS0zMTk4LmpwZWc.jpeg

I think some fans just added that one when tagging the versions included there for Discogs, etc.

I've checked the 7'' vinyls and most of them didn't have any tags, except the UK 7'':

NS01ODI1LmpwZWc.jpeg

Ny03OTM2LmpwZWc.jpeg

On 4/17/2024 at 11:32 AM, MaDöner Kebab said:

Fair point. I agree, they deserve their own unique single releases.