Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

17 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

It's the Celebration DVD version (Original Video Version) without the scratch sound at the beggining (it was always aired without the scratch worldwide).

This isn't completely true... MuchMusic in Canada aired it with the scratch noise when it first came out....

Looking forward to Keep It Together : the CD maxi-single tracklisting + the 7" Remix above. The 7" Remix is an enhanced and sped up album version. Hope they'll also eventually release Fever and Love Don't Live Here Anymore. All singles (released in the US or not) should eventually appear in digital form.

Also looking forward to Everybody w/ these mixes: 7" Edit (3:58), Remix Edit (3:20), Dub Version (4:40), Remix (6:16), Dub Version (5:59), 12" Version (5:56), Album Version (4:55), Instrumental (4:15), Dub Version (8:58).

Edited by Arckangel (see edit history)

8 hours ago, Arckangel said:

Looking forward to Keep It Together : the CD maxi-single tracklisting + the 7" Remix above. The 7" Remix is an enhanced and sped up album version. Hope they'll also eventually release Fever and Love Don't Live Here Anymore. All singles (released in the US or not) should eventually appear in digital form.

Also looking forward to Everybody w/ these mixes: 7" Edit (3:58), Remix Edit (3:20), Dub Version (4:40), Remix (6:16), Dub Version (5:59), 12" Version (5:56), Album Version (4:55), Instrumental (4:15).

According to Rusty Egan Everybody will include the rare UK mixes. 

13 hours ago, Arckangel said:

Also looking forward to Everybody w/ these mixes: 7" Edit (3:58), Remix Edit (3:20), Dub Version (4:40), Remix (6:16), Dub Version (5:59), 12" Version (5:56), Album Version (4:55), Instrumental (4:15).

I feel like only the bolded ones have any chance in hell of happening, since those Philippines/Italy/Brazil edits seem like local label interventions more than a decision on Madonna's part. I feel like there's only like 8 or 9 actual versions of "Everybody" - album, 12'', 12'' Dub, 7'', 7'' Dub Edit + same thing for the UK. Great news if Rusty confirmed it - not because of the mixes themselves, but the fact that very early singles are coming too!

9 minutes ago, New_Boy said:

I feel like only the bolded ones have any chance in hell of happening, since those Philippines/Italy/Brazil edits seem like local label interventions more than a decision on Madonna's part. I feel like there's only like 8 or 9 actual versions of "Everybody" - album, 12'', 12'' Dub, 7'', 7'' Dub Edit + same thing for the UK. Great news if Rusty confirmed it - not because of the mixes themselves, but the fact that very early singles are coming too!

but wheeeeeenn? they holding out on a cig 

I thought they were going to wait for the 40th anniversary, but it might be coming this October? Also wondering if "Papa Don't Preach" is coming in a fortnight...

Papa Don't Preach [Extended Version]
Papa Don't Preach [Fade]
Ain't No Big Deal

Make it happen, Emily the Intern.

14 hours ago, Arckangel said:

Ah man I miss Steve Bray. There's just something about their work together as he's been there since the beginning. Sad and Ironic that their last song together was Keep It Together and then they fell apart.

(Get Over doesn't count as it wasn't a Madonna song) 

I just love those euphoric double 8's he always had in their work together.

Into The Groove - Live out your fantasy....

True Blue - No woah more sadness..

Express Yourself -  and when you're gone he might regret it...

Keep It Together - When I look back...

Causing A Commotion - I hope you find...

Over & Over - I'm not afraid to say i hear a different beat...

Stay - When you walked Out my door...

Jimmy Jimmy - You're much too wild for this town...

Where's The Party - Don't Want To Grow Old Too Fast...

Can't Stop - Don't be afraid to try..

His middle eights were always just perfect and often the highlight of the song.

I think only Angel & Pretender don't follow that double middle 8 format. I think he might have reworked Spotlight with a double middle 8 too.

I don't think Steve gets enough credit for his contribution to her career. His songs were usually my favourites on the albums. He loved a "don't" and "when"

I miss him

15 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Ah man I miss Steve Bray. There's just something about their work together as he's been there since the beginning. Sad and Ironic that their last song together was Keep It Together and then they fell apart.

I think only Angel & Pretender don't follow that double middle 8 format. I think he might have reworked Spotlight with a double middle 8 too.

I don't think Steve gets enough credit for his contribution to her career. His songs were usually my favourites on the albums. He loved a "don't" and "when"

I miss him

True. Those 80's middle eights were the highlight of many of those songs and really made them stand out.

2 hours ago, steady75 said:

I miss him

I’d honestly never really taken the time to look at all the songs he did with her and see any patterns. I didn’t even realize he did so many with her. I thought he only did like Express Yourself and one older one. Very interesting. 

7 hours ago, steady75 said:

I miss him

when was the last time she had a great middle 8 or even one at all? hung up? my mind is blank but now that you list them wow those are all amazing. 

12 hours ago, steady75 said:

I miss him

Besides Into The Groove his productions skills are very meh compared to the far superior single mixes made by Shep Pettibone (not the remixes, the single mixes) and what i hate about those middle 8  on some of these songs is that they repeated them making the song over long and dragging. Repeating it on Causing a commotion works but not on True Blue which highlights the main problem with the Bray co-written songs : they all have the same structure so they kind of sound like a formula. 

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW
  • Fighter changed the title to Single reissues campaign - Beautiful Stranger HD Music Video OUT NOW
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic