Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

46 minutes ago, Lisa Powerhouse said:

The live version of gambler is🔥🔥🔥 I wish we could get a HD version of it. Or at least sort out the official video with that terrible edit point in it. 

I'm totally crazy about the live version too with that intro  🔥🔥 and the guitar riffs all the way + M dance move and outfit :hearteyes: 

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

Some fans on a Madonna forum who know about Rebel Heart demo #1675 but who have never heard Gambler

Couldn't be me

Gays don't deserve rights to be honest

Or think that Confessions on a Dance Floor is her "best album" when we have Like a Prayer, Erotica, Bedtime Stories, Ray of Light, Music and American Life to choose 🤭 or they think that Back That Up demo is from Hard Candy instead of Rebel Heart 💀

:Madonna026:

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

Some fans on a Madonna forum who know about Rebel Heart demo #1675 but who have never heard Gambler

Wrong, i barely knew Gambler existed but I also never minded to listen to RH demos

Or RH ultra deluxe tracks 

Or MDNA bonus tracks 

But I listen to Triggering Your Senses, Revenge and Petite Jeune Fille like crazy 🤭 

Gambler is a decent 80s synth-pop track with somewhat basic lyrics (let's be honest), but what makes it thrilling for me is that it sums up the essence of early Madonna perfectly, possibly better than any other track in her 80s catalogue. It's up there with Express Yourself and Burning Up in that "i'm taking no shit from anyone and you're going to submit to my demands". Which was the reason everyone absolutely fell in love with her to begin with - every girl wished they could exude that sense of fearlessness.

Also, it made it to #3 in Ireland. A certified smash!  :Madonna014:

12 hours ago, DjKingBee said:

Imagine if the Like A Virgin album had crazy for you / Into the Groove & Gambler added to the track list  - I think we would see Like A Virgin as one of her best album contenders for sure 

They don't belong on that album and Madonna is usually very clear and strict about keeping stuff that wasn’t intended for the album separately.

I personally don’t want them on the album either. Give us demos and outtakes instead.

12 hours ago, DjKingBee said:

Imagine if the Like A Virgin album had crazy for you / Into the Groove & Gambler added to the track list  - I think we would see Like A Virgin as one of her best album contenders for sure 

I totally agree with you. For example, I don't understand why the re-issues doesn't include "Into The Groove" when the song was available in every Vinyl, Cassette and CD in Europe. 

Can you blame younger fans for not knowing "Gambler" that much or at all, though? It's been neglected for years. The official video was uploaded on Madonna's YouTube only 4 years ago and the digital release of the song - only for purchase with the whole "Vision Quest" soundtrack album, not streaming - was around that time, too.

Of course for some people it will be a rare or even "new" track this Friday.

Just now, Prayer said:

Can't you blame younger fans for not knowing "Gambler" that much or at all, though? It's been neglected for years. For some people it will be a rare or even "new" track this Friday.

To be honest, the first time I listened the song was 1989. A classmate gave me his 7'' because he knew I was a Madonna fan. And I loved it the first time I played it.

31 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Can you blame younger fans for not knowing "Gambler" that much or at all, though? It's been neglected for years. The official video was uploaded on Madonna's YouTube only 4 years ago and the digital release of the song - only for purchase with the whole "Vision Quest" soundtrack album, not streaming - was around that time, too.

Of course for some people it will be a rare or even "new" track this Friday.

Madonnas catalogue is pretty huge but also succinct and well curated. She’s not like other artists that released tons of bsides outttakes and such.

So yeah, I expect any fan to have some sort of knowledge the track exists and was previously released 

1 hour ago, Aiwa08 said:

I totally agree with you. For example, I don't understand why the re-issues doesn't include "Into The Groove" when the song was available in every Vinyl, Cassette and CD in Europe. 

I grew up with Into The Groove being on all my copies of the album.

Found out the rest were all produced by Nile Rogers when the 2001 remaster was released.

Now Into The Groove sounds out of place.

Still, I'm hoping all the tracks will be in a future deluxe edition...

1 hour ago, BuschieFandango said:

I grew up with Into The Groove being on all my copies of the album.

Found out the rest were all produced by Nile Rogers when the 2001 remaster was released.

Now Into The Groove sounds out of place.

Still, I'm hoping all the tracks will be in a future deluxe edition...

Well, I never play the re-issues, I always play the original european CD or vinyl. To me, "Into The Groove" is an essential track of "Like A Virgin". I can't stand the album without "Into The Groove".

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW