Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

16 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Lol but they have nothing to do with that album. The vocals are not from that era, the production is not similar. The song has been on two albums. Why would it be included on a completely different project?

Because those remixes are closer in sound to the remixes from BS than LAV.
S, BS, HN and LDLHA were all remixed in the same period of time.

Like Lisa. Put a 2001 remix on a record from 1989 would sound so wrong and out of place. So she didn't. :)

Here's how Val Jennings see it, and I agree with him.

https://superdeluxeedition.com/interview/industry-spotlight-interview-with-edsel-label-manager-part-1/

SDE: How do you determine what you think fans are going to want? Given that you are often not going to be able to fit everything on a 2CD reissue?

SDE: I benefit largely from being my own target market. I know what I would want to have on it. Generally you’re going to miss off the shorter versions, the seven inch versions, since there is no point in filling it up with that, when there is other stuff you can put on. Never put anything on that’s not contemporary… so the band might have played some of the tracks from the album two years later in a concert – that’s irrelevant. It’s got to be a flavour of the time.

28 minutes ago, Celebration said:

No, IF this happens I think they'd be added to a Bedtime Stories reissue.

True, but no thank you. The material has to be a flavour of the era.  Putting nineties remixes on an 80s reissue is a big mistake.
They did it on the reissue of Self Control wih Laura Braningan, and they stick out like a sore thumb.

Lisa Stansfield put a couple of new remixes of All Around The World on the reissue of the album Face Up.
The song was first released in 1989, but the new remixes, done a couple of years before FU was released, was a flavour of the era, so they put the remixes there.

I think Madonna should put the LDLHA remixes on a BS reissue, since that album is the closest in time.

These arnt new remixes tho. They’d sit well in an LAV package 

1 minute ago, deathproof said:

These arnt new remixes tho. They’d sit well in an LAV package 

Oh dear...

Okay. LAV was released in 1984. So far so good, right?

BS was released in 1994, and the remixes were done in 1994-1995.
The remixes of LDLHA that I am talking about were done 1995-1996.  The same era as the remixes from BS.

Therefore, they fit better on BS. In MY opinion.

49 minutes ago, Celebration said:

Oh dear...

Okay. LAV was released in 1984. So far so good, right?

BS was released in 1994, and the remixes were done in 1994-1995.
The remixes of LDLHA that I am talking about were done 1995-1996.  The same era as the remixes from BS.

Therefore, they fit better on BS. In MY opinion.

👏👏👏

cool

still disagree tho 😝

They weren't the greatest remixes anyway. Maybe Madonna said "No" to them or maybe there are licensing issues. They could have been commissioned only for clubs but not for retail sale. Either way, it's a shame not to have the complete set. But I'm happy to have the digital single. 

Bummer.

The Edge Factor mixes are fantastic.

Dont really like the MARK! mixes, but all mixes should be going up on streaming.

In the digital age, it makes no sense that they are saving mixes for ‘box sets’ and we all know that is not the reason they are suddenly withholding mixes lol

My OCD loathes this sudden ignoring of many official versions on these EP’s.

4 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

Bummer.

The Edge Factor mixes are fantastic.

Dont really like the MARK! mixes, but all mixes should be going up on streaming.

In the digital age, it makes no sense that they are saving mixes for ‘box sets’ and we all know that is not the reason they are suddenly withholding mixes lol

My OCD loathes this sudden ignoring of many official versions on these EP’s.

We don't know if these or any mixes are being saved for "box sets", but if so, it makes sense since devoted fans are the ones who really want them.  I don't think a casual listener on digital and streaming platforms is going to search out for Madonna's Love Don't Live Here Anymore remixes.  It probably applies to most of her remixes. 

At least, they are adding what mostly was officially released.

10 minutes ago, tscott said:

We don't know if these or any mixes are being saved for "box sets", but if so, it makes sense since devoted fans are the ones who really want them.  I don't think a casual listener on digital and streaming platforms is going to search out for Madonna's Love Don't Live Here Anymore remixes.  It probably applies to most of her remixes. 

At least, they are adding what mostly was officially released.

I know it keeps the fans excited to think that, but that’s not what they are doing and it makes ZERO sense to release EP’s with missing mixes, especially in this case, when they had all the mixes ready to go.

only time will tell, even if that’s what they are doing, it makes zero sense. These wouldn’t be on a Like a Virgin reissue.

I also doubt a casual listener is going to search out all the Frozen, Like a prayer, etc mixes that are streaming. It isn’t the point.

Just a dick move, IMO.

Edited by BuggedOut (see edit history)

Just now, BuggedOut said:

I know it keeps the fans excited, but that’s not what they are doing and it makes ZERO sense to release EP’s with missing mixes, especially this case, when they had all the mixes ready to go.

only time will tell, even if that’s what they are doing, it makes zero sense. These wouldn’t be on a Like a Virgin reissue.

Just a dick move, IMO.

I think you're taking it too seriously. It may not make sense to you, but it makes total sense to add this to her digital and streaming platforms.  Sure, they could have included more mixes, but it's not a big deal.

Also, I highly doubt these mixes are being saved for a "box set" or for the expanded releases, but if they did, it would make sense to release this with a re-issue of Something to Remember compilation.  I doubt that's ever happening, but otherwise, it would make to include in some package for the LAV album since that is where the song originated from in the first place.

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW