Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

46 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Why are combined streams relevant in any way?

Just for comestic reasons, really. Everything looks tidier and also, we can have a clearer picture of how her songs are performing on Spotify and compare her streams with other big names there.

Album Version and "Celebration" version of "Like A Prayer" combined give us 237 million streams - it's easily her biggest hit on Spotify. Since they're not combined, "Material Girl" is the song with the highest figure at the moment (and should be higher, 217 M, if they added up the streams from the version on the "Like A Virgin" album).

I don't think her team did anything to combine the "Papa Don't Preach" streams, by the way? They would have done it with other examples ("Like A Prayer", for instance). Since the "True Blue" version and the "Celebration" version are the same, I guess it just updated itself when the album version was corrected on the "True Blue" album?

11 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I don't think her team did anything to combine the "Papa Don't Preach" streams, by the way? They would have done it with other examples ("Like A Prayer", for instance). Since the "True Blue" version and the "Celebration" version are the same, I guess it just updated itself when the album version was corrected on the "True Blue" album?

I don't think it updated itself, I mean I don't think it's possible, someone has to do it. They probably are fixing duplicated songs because it makes no sense having the streams splitted all over the place (finally).

16 minutes ago, lucasciccone said:

I don't think it updated itself, I mean I don't think it's possible, someone has to do it. They probably are fixing duplicated songs because it makes no sense having the streams splitted all over the place (finally).

But what songs did they combined for "Papa Don't Preach", then? The "Celebration" version and the streams from the previous Extended Mix of "Papa Don't Preach" that was on the "True Blue" album on Spotify?

Wasn't the "Celebration" version of "Papa Don't Preach" already 65 million?

I'm asking cause I have no idea, really. :lol:

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

But what songs did they combined for "Papa Don't Preach", then? The "Celebration" version and the streams from the previous Extended Mix of "Papa Don't Preach" that was on the "True Blue" album on Spotify?

Exactly. The True Blue version had like +45 million streams and the Celebration version had like +21 million streams. Both versions were merged and now it's one track with over 66 million streams in total. 

22 minutes ago, steady75 said:

There ain’t even an anniversary this week is it? 

I have never understood this whole anniversary release thing. What difference does it really make if it’s a song’s single release anniversary? It has no bearing on anything. The average music listener is not going to think ‘oh this song was released 17 years ago today, so I will stream it…’

Who on earth (aside from avid fans like us) considers or acknowledges the anniversaries of singles? These releases should go by some other measure - fan demand and/or quality/quantity of release. 
Season 5 Whatever GIF by Paramount+

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW