Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

Id be curious to hear the story as to why some of the mixes use the GTI vocals on a "Fever" remix.

Why would they be supplied the VOX for that track? Were there plans to release it with Fever remixes?

The fact that a dub of an unreleased track 9GTI) showed up on a commercial single is a weird move. Like, no one knew it was a dub of GTI at first.

15 minutes ago, PaperFaces said:

Id be curious to hear the story as to why some of the mixes use the GTI vocals on a "Fever" remix.

Why would they be supplied the VOX for that track? Were there plans to release it with Fever remixes?

The fact that a dub of an unreleased track 9GTI) showed up on a commercial single is a weird move. Like, no one knew it was a dub of GTI at first.

Maybe the same as having some 'Thrill Me'' vocals on some of the Erotica remixes... They musta received the whole studio sessions vocals and decided to use them... What a treat it was for the fans!!...  Twas such a creative era and one of the most underground and fabulous set of remixes!! 

1 hour ago, Bjonkers said:

Never heard the Bad Girl extended mix before today, I always assumed it was just the video version, but it's not. It's absolutely gorgeous and haunting in a way I was not expecting...

Such a treat to finally have this on streaming! One of her absolute classics. 

23 minutes ago, LX54 said:

Maybe the same as having some 'Thrill Me'' vocals on some of the Erotica remixes... They musta received the whole studio sessions vocals and decided to use them... What a treat it was for the fans!!...  Twas such a creative era and one of the most underground and fabulous set of remixes!! 

I seem to recall her saying during the making of Ray of Light album at one point that she enjoyed William Orbit's remix of JML and Erotica. wish I could find where it was said

33 minutes ago, PaperFaces said:

The song was likely completed around the time when the Fever remixes were commissioned.

Fever on the Erotica album is a solo song. Yet the remixes contain backing vocals from Donna and Niki. Since we know Fever was a last minute addition to the album, it had to have been after the albums release when they booked studio time for Donna and Niki to lay vocals for both Fever and Goodbye to Innocence.

Maybe the label wanted to include a potential B-Side of GTI somewhere down the line?

38 minutes ago, PaperFaces said:

I'd assumed those vocals were in the multitracks the remixer received. There's tons of stuff in multitracks that get edited out of the final product. Stuff like alternate vocal takes, studio chit chat, guitar solos, etc. 

4 hours ago, Vasili said:

Exactly. Her team is treating hardcore fans with such disregard.

This isn't exclusive to Madonna. I'm also a big Queen fan and they've made lots of questionable choices over the years. I think record companies intervene a lot because they're convinced they have great ideas about how to make more money. 

1 hour ago, PaperFaces said:

Before Fever was even conceived there was only GTI and its music was switched with the Fever lyrics

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ_EOSpGeDc

Also I guess they used a dub as a b side (Up down suite) because they were going to use GTI for a compilation at that time (Just say Roe).

But still I would consider a cool move (not weird) as giving fans extra new material at the time (old good times...)

image.jpeg.3d24203110f34873299d5a9b260309e2.jpeg

image.jpeg.795e588aec4fd0487949d61ec3c1336c.jpeg

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW