Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

2 hours ago, Jackie said:

I don't recall the fever remixes being available digitally before? 

I guess he meant there’s no un-released material for this Bad Girl/Fever digital single.

In addition to Fever remixes, Bad Girl (Edit) & Extended Version are both being released digitally for the first time, too.

Now that the EP is out, I decided to revisit the other Fever remixes/dubs I have (I also listened to the Miami "dub" twice LOL), and it turns out there's a version tittled Fever (SP Remix) I have never heard of before.

From what I gather, SP stands for Shep Pettibone. Is that an alternate version of the album edit, since both versions clock in 4:30? Or is it an alternate remix? Could anyone please shine any light on this version?

2 hours ago, Madant said:

Now that the EP is out, I decided to revisit the other Fever remixes/dubs I have (I also listened to the Miami "dub" twice LOL), and it turns out there's a version tittled Fever (SP Remix) I have never heard of before.

From what I gather, SP stands for Shep Pettibone. Is that an alternate version of the album edit, since both versions clock in 4:30? Or is it an alternate remix? Could anyone please shine any light on this version?

Yeah, it's basically a 7" edit of the Hot Sweat 12".

On 10/19/2022 at 9:51 PM, bertrand said:

It's exactly the same as the Murk Boys Miami Mix. It was listed as Miami Dub (probably by mistake) on some of the AU singles. I just downloaded the new release and compared the 2 tracks.

Nice job, Emily.

The one thing on here that is nice to have, finally, is the Radio Edit/Remix (of the Murk) without the 2022 mastering. Until FEL, that was only ever on 7"/cassette.

[edit] I was wrong, there are 2 different versions of this mix, but they are quite the same. The Dub is 2 minutes shorter. 

IMG_0044.jpg.bcc20a9f9633fd188407331ef6d8d85d.jpgIMG_0043.thumb.jpg.ab7aa7a25d225132b4ee8ded1927e7ad.jpg

On 10/19/2022 at 9:51 PM, bertrand said:

without the 2022 mastering

One thing you've got to learn (again), kids, is that remastering only makes sense for analog recordings. My Maxi CDs still sound perfect, way better than any streaming version. These remixes were made at a time when digital studio processing was already good enough for  your ears. Quit streaming cheap ass "hd" files hoping they'll sound better than the original release. They won't.

3 minutes ago, PlayPause said:

One thing you've got to learn (again), kids, is that remastering only makes sense for analog recordings. My Maxi CDs still sound perfect, way better than any streaming version. These remixes were made at a time when digital studio processing was already good enough for  your ears. Quit streaming cheap ass "hd" files hoping they'll sound better than the original release. They won't.

What are you talking about? Remastering is for everything. Analog and digital. It has nothing to do with streaming. 
An original might sound good but that doesn’t mean it can’t be improved.

The perfect example is Express Yourself on FEL. If you don’t think that sounds better than the original maxi CD then you need an ear exam

25 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

What are you talking about? Remastering is for everything. Analog and digital. It has nothing to do with streaming. 
An original might sound good but that doesn’t mean it can’t be improved.

The perfect example is Express Yourself on FEL. If you don’t think that sounds better than the original maxi CD then you need an ear exam

[edit] I'm full of shit and shame. I don't have the original CD.

6 minutes ago, Arckangel said:

Has anyone on here warned Emily of that already? They should put the actual dub version on the maxi-single or Fever (Edit Two). And yeah, correct the credits.

Everyone should post about it on the Rhino twitter account. Eventually they’ll fix it. But I’m guessing the fix will be just to remove the mislabeled dub

1 hour ago, Arckangel said:

Has anyone on here warned Emily of that already? They should put the actual dub version on the maxi-single or Fever (Edit Two). And yeah, correct the credits.

Emily will be giving away free download links to Warning Signs (Mike Dean's on Crack 2022 remaster) to all who purchased the mislabeled dub through iTunes. 

On 10/21/2022 at 1:00 AM, clkelley39 said:

This isn't exclusive to Madonna. I'm also a big Queen fan and they've made lots of questionable choices over the years. I think record companies intervene a lot because they're convinced they have great ideas about how to make more money. 

I guess you're right, but I'm starting to think that M herself is quite out of touch with this stuff because this is SO LAME.

HD (not 4K) music videos is a given nowadays, major anniversary or not, and her singles/EPs are released so sporadically.

She's probably saving the juicy stuff for posthumous releases, as an ongoing revenue stream for her children.

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW