Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

1 hour ago, Blue Jean said:

True. Look at Christina Aguilera or even Mariah.

What it comes down to though is that her team are not delivering what was promised. I guess we will just have to get over it.

Maybe Im being optimistic, Im not known for it, but while I was listening to Shakspear's Sister's 30th Anniversary Edition of Hormonally Yours I got excited that perhaps Madonna's albums will be getting a similar treatment. 

1. Dolby Atmos mixing

2. Possible alternate vocal takes to create an alternate album experience. (We already have the original album, and the first 3 are already remastered... an alternate vocal mix in dolby atmos could breathe new life into a project we know like the back of our hand)

Ive never mixed in Dolby Atmos but if taken seriously I dont think it's a simple process so it could justify why there hasn't been an official announcement of an album reissue yet. 

22 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

Like someone said before, this campaign is just to get her past catalogue on streaming and her videos to HD. This isn’t the same as the upcoming box sets/expanded albums. I think this confused a few people cuz it was on an anniversary, and we got multiple things at once, but this is just the same old Reissue Campaign. 

Fair enough but whatever her strategy, it feels disorganised or miscommunicated and is not managing expectations well.

It'd be clearer to disregard whichever singular album anniversary may occur and just get all of her EPs up in one big load.

At this stage, excluding FEL and a couple of vinyls, the release schedule is just standard digital admin activity.

3 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

What it comes down to though is that her team are not delivering what was promised. I guess we will just have to get over it.

Mariah commissioned two/three new mixes and a (albeit five minute) 'documentary' including rare footage for Butterfly 25.

That's nothing to sneeze at.

4 hours ago, MPowered said:

What I’m really bummed about is the fact that they released Rescue Me, Erotica and those stupid True Blue and Like a Prayer anniversary editions before they decided to release adjusted and expanded singles. 😩😩😩

Exactly. Their game plan feels quite short-sighted. Stop messing around with an iconic legacy.

Having said that, I know that it could be much worse... MJ must be rolling inside his golden casket.

4 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

A fan actually hunted down the original artwork from the original photographer when they heard about this release because they knew the label would have been using the same bad scan they used previously. And turns out they were correct and it was fixed. It’s definitely a project with minimal effort.

I would like to add something here... 🙂 This guy used to work on the record label (deConstruction) that time. He saw a proof of the updated artwork and that's the one they used after all and not the new file from the photographer. The design was done in June a month before we learned about the vinyl release. 

9 hours ago, Vasili said:

Mariah commissioned two/three new mixes and a (albeit five minute) 'documentary' including rare footage for Butterfly 25.

That's nothing to sneeze at.

Madonna has done 3 Frozen remixes and a Hung Up remix this year all with music videos. Nothing to sneeze at.

20 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

They are delivering - we have two RSD releases, FEL and the Erotica 30th anniversary picture disc, along with the continued release of digital singles etc what people don't consider is how far in advance things need to be planned for vinyl releases - eg 12 months or so. It's a multi-year project. 

35 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

They are delivering - we have two RSD releases, FEL and the Erotica 30th anniversary picture disc, along with the continued release of digital singles etc what people don't consider is how far in advance things need to be planned for vinyl releases - eg 12 months or so. It's a multi-year project. 

Boo they had 30 yrs to sort innit!?!  

2 hours ago, Erotico said:

So wondering who’s dropping next ? What logic? Deeper,Bye, Rain??

image.jpeg.f10a321a882987df2cb6c1b6eb10deac.jpeg

image.jpeg.d10eb4a5fa947f69690379ead6f32e7e.jpeg

image.jpeg.6f32d4834873c8fd73d6f5c3c4f4154a.jpeg

image.jpeg.931ddb2f0aa2997879510d07fe2fb7db.jpeg

Predictions? Will they make it by this fall? Or soon ? 🤦🏻‍♂️🤣

Surely "Deeper"? It would be the next logical move. HD remastered video + remixes package.

When? In 2-3 weeks, maybe...

Deeper and Deeper will most likely be next

https://www.discogs.com/de/release/14546674-Madonna-Deeper-And-Deeper-Mixes

1. Deeper And Deeper - 7" Edit (4:55)
  2. Deeper And Deeper - Shep's Deep Makeover Edit (5:12)
  3. Deeper And Deeper - David's Radio Edit (4:00)
  4. Deeper And Deeper - Shep's Deep Makeover Mix (9:04)
  5. Deeper And Deeper - Shep's Deep Bass Dub (5:01)
  6. Deeper And Deeper - Shep's Deeper Dub (6:13) 
  7. Deeper And Deeper - Shep's Classic 12" (7:28)
  8. Deeper And Deeper - Shep's Fierce Deeper Dub (6:02)
  9. Deeper And Deeper - Shep's Deep Beats (2:58)
  10. Deeper And Deeper - David's Klub Mix (7:41)
  11. Deeper And Deeper - David's Love Dub (5:39)
  12. Deeper And Deeper - David's Deeper Dub (5:18)
  13. Deeper And Deeper - David's Classic 12" (6:57) 
  14. Deeper And Deeper - Momo's Fantasy (2:57)
  15. Deeper And Deeper - Shep's Deepstrumental (5:59)
  16. Deeper And Deeper - Instrumental (5:34)

not part of the CDr but other releases of this single
previously unavailable from digital source

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW