Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

Just now, Roy said:

Interesting that it's her personal request but then she didn't get the chance to release them before when she was still with Warner. Is it because of the ownership dispute?

I think the complexities ended circa 2020 (35 years copyright law).

M's team are very aware how badly fans want it as are Rhino / Warner so it's the perfect way to end the year on such a high hey 

7 hours ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

To be honest I didn't like this reissue: it's too loud. I prefer the version that was released with La isla Bonita single. On the other hand, with the relaunch of Gambler, the chances of Madonna singing it live on the new 2023 Tour are once again gaining strength. Gambler is one of Madonna's songs little known by the general public (and some "fans") because the song was never part of some of her albums or her compilations but the song is so catchy and beautiful that it is not necessary to be published on an official album so that people end up falling in love with its contagious rhythm that you like so much the first time you listen to it.

I hope that Gambler is part of the setlist of the new tour and if it is not like that and Madonna comes to sing in my country in Latin America, I will take care of convincing people to ask for it loudly and I am sure that due to the insistence of the public Madonna will end up singing it after so many years of not doing it and we will end up being the envy of other countries that will not have the happiness of having Madonna sing such a beautiful song for them. Something similar to what happened with Take a Bow in Asia where Madonna decided to sing it live after so many years due to the screams of the audience. And That's what I hope to achieve with Gambler as well.

Yeah, like if she didn't rehearse Take a Bow several times before performing it that night... :stare:

Billboard claims that there is no more to come this year, but more to come in 2023 (this is a little "glimpse" of future releases). There's no plan of physical release (it could be a gem to next RSD) and video is not going to take HD treatmentent.

And obiously no announcement of reissues. The milestone statement has been achieved every word.

.... well. Good year 2022 but typically Madonna

12 minutes ago, subversive said:

Billboard claims that there is no more to come this year, but more to come in 2023 (this is a little "glimpse" of future releases). There's no plan of physical release (it could be a gem to next RSD) and video is not going to take HD treatmentent.

And obiously no announcement of reissues. The milestone statement has been achieved every word.

.... well. Good year 2022 but typically Madonna

Tyical negative post. 

9 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

That’s not accurate. AI mastering can ruin a file in many ways but they never ever introduce distortion like this. 
These are clearly made by a person. 
The mastering overall is not bad at a normal volume but then it was cranked up way more than it should have been and that distorts the track in places.

The 7” version is not terrible, almost passable. But man the remixes are making my ears bleed.

My suggestion is that tomorrow, when it’s properly released, everyone go on Twitter and notify Rhino of this mess. Otherwise it’s gonna keep happening 

Yes, we need go to twitter and notify Rhino about the distortion of Everybody and Gambler. They need to do the remasters properly.

54 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Yes, we need go to twitter and notify Rhino about the distortion of Everybody and Gambler. They need to do the remasters properly.

So is it not worth purchasing on qobuz then ? I already have gambler from Japan CDs and the instrumental in digital wav that I bought a decade ago from a collector so was just going to buy the 12” version ? 

A strange thing happened to me for the first time, if I listen the Qobuz Hi-Res files that have never given me any problems listening to them with VLC the files jump in some points.If instead I use Quicktime (which I hardly ever use) the files work perfectly.Considering I have all the Digital Qobuz EPs it's definitely a matter of how the file was Ripped or how it was remastered. To me the sound doesn't seem distorted but I listened to it with the Imac and without any headphones.It's not that I despair too much I've had all the physical editions of Gambler for a lifetime and honestly the digital EPs i listen to once i download them when they come out and that's it , the sure thing is they NEVER put anything decent out not even digital releases.

MamaRu-5.gif

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW