Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

I don’t even know which versions they have used here hahaha. I suspect the Album Version is the 2001 remaster, the “7’’ Version” is actually the “Celebration” version (when they’re not the same version) and the “U.S. Remix” a remaster of the version that was previously available on the “Madonna” digital album.

I can't find the playlist on her Spotify Profile.  I've only been able to link to it from the link from here.  So possibly, they are still working it out. What's interesting is they added "Borderline", skipping "Holiday", "Burning Up" and "Lucky Star" (depending on where you live) were all released before hand.  But then again, "Borderline" was her first top 10, so maybe that is what they are banking on to hook people?  Who knows?  I say we give them to the end of the week to see what happens.

And does this mean the HD version of the video is coming? 

17 minutes ago, Roy said:

Could be an accident. It might be scheduled to be released on Friday. 

No it was planned for valentine's day - the 39th anniversary is 15 Feb too

RTIST:Madonna

TITLE: Borderline

Label: RRW/Rhino/Warner Records

Config & Selection #: IS 724994 

Street Date: 02/14/23

Order Due Date: 01/10/23

UPC: 603497832460

Box Count: 0

Units Per Set: 

SRP: $2.99

How random though this will always be my Borderline artwork 

image.jpeg.51b4ce17fa34cbbc93f00e2d98fcee10.jpeg

I liked the pop art theme Europe used for all the debut singles. The vibe Celebration was based on too. 

Weird that they missed the dub. They’ve been pretty good with gathering all the versions. 

I have to say Borderline is one of my least favourite Madonna songs. Always felt like “Madonna for the locals” to me. 

I never liked all those early songs where she sounded weak and out of control at the mercy of some man. She’s always sat on the floor somewhere crying or moaning to her bloke. 

Borderline,Pretender, Think Of Me, I Know It, Shoo Be Doo. 

I only related to the strong power pussy Madonna. 

I don’t think Madonna has much love for it either tbh. It’s been pretty much abandoned since release. 

That being said I am thrilled this has made its way into streaming as it gives me hope all her 80’s singles will. 

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

How random though this will always be my Borderline artwork 

image.jpeg.51b4ce17fa34cbbc93f00e2d98fcee10.jpeg

I liked the pop art theme Europe used for all the debut singles. The vibe Celebration was based on too. 

Weird that they missed the dub. They’ve been pretty good with gathering all the versions. 

I have to say Borderline is one of my least favourite Madonna songs. Always felt like “Madonna for the locals” to me. 

I never liked all those early songs where she sounded weak and out of control at the mercy of some man. She’s always sat on the floor somewhere crying or moaning to her bloke. 

Borderline,Pretender, Think Of Me, I Know It, Shoo Be Doo. 

I only related to the strong power pussy Madonna. 

I don’t think Madonna has much love for it either tbh. It’s been pretty much abandoned since release. 

That being said I am thrilled this has made its way into streaming as it gives me hope all her 80’s singles will. 

She performed it 101 times between February 1984 and June 2016

https://www.setlist.fm/song/madonna/borderline-4bd68f3e.html

52 minutes ago, Frank said:

Just bought the HDTracks version and the U.S. Remix sounds AMAZING.

Here's the HQ cover btw:

5000x5000bb.webp

https://is1-ssl.mzstatic.com/image/thumb/Music126/v4/b2/b3/09/b2b309c5-b1bf-9d62-a49f-b8dc6a75dd8e/603497832460.jpg/5000x5000bb.webp

A clean transfer of the songs... except for Miss Celebration Alternate Q-Sound edit. 

31 minutes ago, Bjonkers said:

Can someone tell me what's the difference between the 7" remix and the version used on Celebration? I can't tell the difference other than brightness of the instrumentation.

The 7" mix is the video version. The Celebration one is an alternate mix of the Q-Sound mix found in the Immaculate Collection album. 

4 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

She performed it 101 times between February 1984 and June 2016

https://www.setlist.fm/song/madonna/borderline-4bd68f3e.html

Boo it was on her debut tour when she basically did all the material she had and then “guitared” it on S&S 24 years later. It’s hardly an ever green song live like the rest of her debut. It’s the BIG single from the debut that’s been showed the least love live,  only really topped by Angel from first two albums huh. 

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW