Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

7 hours ago, superbu said:

Finally, I'm getting Shep's Deeper Dub and David's Deeper Dub after 30 years! I know, I know, they're just dubs, but I remember being really frustrated back in the day that those were on the commercial vinyl 12" but not the CD maxi, and I spent quite a bit of time (pre-Internet) trying to find out if those two dubs were included on any import CDs. 

It's a shame they didn't "Mariah Carey" this and put all the promo mixes on there, too, but it's a step in the right direction after there being nothing new to CD/digital on the "Bad Girl/Fever" release. 

these are amazingggggg esp davids....

On 10/26/2022 at 9:58 AM, DickTracy said:

The main difference to me is that additional bass drum beat at :31.6 seconds, also different at 1:38.2 and 1:48 and especially 3:01.7 (my favorite) and 4:24.4. Probably happens in other more subtle places too.

Gives it a little extra '90s tribal' bump/hump. I've always put it in the place of album version in playlists idk 

Wow I just realized the officially released "Album Instrumental" is actually the "Full 7" Mix Instrumental".

It's got that extra bumping beat all over it, and the extra hitting sound between the second chorus and the bridge, just like the 7" Edit.

4 hours ago, isaac003 said:

Wow I just realized the officially released "Album Instrumental" is actually the "Full 7" Mix Instrumental".

It's got that extra bumping beat all over it, and the extra hitting sound between the second chorus and the bridge, just like the 7" Edit.

That's the version on the european Bad Girl maxi CD under the name Shep's Deepstrumental.

46 minutes ago, Angelman60 said:

That's the version on the european Bad Girl maxi CD under the name Shep's Deepstrumental.

Yes, but I think that's mislabeled. On the CD single and 7" single it's simply labeled "Instrumental". And there is an actual real version of "Shep's Deepstrumental" which is an instrumental version of Shep's Deep Makeover Mix.

13 minutes ago, isaac003 said:

Yes, but I think that's mislabeled. On the CD single and 7" single it's simply labeled "Instrumental". And there is an actual real version of "Shep's Deepstrumental" which is an instrumental version of Shep's Deep Makeover Mix.

Yes, It's mislabeled

And you are right. It was always "Instrumental", never "Album Instrumental". And the "Instrumental" was always the "Full 7" Mix Instrumental". So "Album Edit" and "Album Instrumental" are wrong names. But I can't blame them, because many people can't notice the extra beats in the single mix. 

41 minutes ago, VogueMusic said:

Is it just me, or is this one of the best quality uploads they've done so far? Compared to the rest.

Wow.

Yes lately they improved a lot. Now they should go back and fix those messy upscales from the beginning. And take a bow.

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW