Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

On 10/28/2022 at 6:22 PM, Where's The Party? said:

Deeper and Deeper video now available in HD!

I've always preferred that part of the video where the flamenco guitar comes in. Not only does she look great but they are difficult photos to find in high res. It's also the reason why I wanted the rare 1992 Japan promo sampler CD which featured that image of Madonna on the cover and includes two mixes of Deeper And Deeper.

DAD Japan Promo CD.jpg

Deeper And Deepr Video preview.jpg

10 minutes ago, Tex20 said:

I've always preferred that part of the video where the flamenco guitar comes in. Not only does she look great but they are difficult photos to find in high res. It's also the reason why I wanted the rare 1992 Japan promo sampler CD which featured that image of Madonna on the cover and includes two mixes of Deeper And Deeper.

DAD Japan Promo CD.jpg

Deeper And Deepr Video preview.jpg

Not to mention, the photoshoot used for the "I'll Remember" is also there and it's quite difficult to find high quality photos for it too.

15 minutes ago, Roy said:

Not to mention, the photoshoot used for the "I'll Remember" is also there and it's quite difficult to find high quality photos for it too.

Yes, those 'Ill Remember' era photos are great too. It's shame the record company didn't use more of those images as alternate picture sleeves for international releases. That's probably the reason why the Japanese sampler CD has become so collectible.

23 minutes ago, Tex20 said:

Yes, those 'Ill Remember' era photos are great too. It's shame the record company didn't use more of those images as alternate picture sleeves for international releases. That's probably the reason why the Japanese sampler CD has become so collectible.

While we are on the subject of unreleased photos, can we also talk about the photos at the beginning of Rain?

XQOE7UG.png

54 minutes ago, Jackie said:

looks like maybe Herb Ritts Cherish? 

1 hour ago, Roy said:

While we are on the subject of unreleased photos, can we also talk about the photos at the beginning of Rain?

XQOE7UG.png

I remember reading somewhere that those photos actually made an appearance in The Girlie Show tour program. It sure makes sense timing wise.

Rain pic 2.jpg

Rain pic 1.jpg

37 minutes ago, Tex20 said:

I remember reading somewhere that those photos actually made an appearance in The Girlie Show tour program. It sure makes sense timing wise.

Rain pic 2.jpg

Rain pic 1.jpg

This photoshoot is one of my favorites from her. The style, the look, the timeless fashion are just amazing.

3 hours ago, Roy said:

This photoshoot is one of my favorites from her. The style, the look, the timeless fashion are just amazing.

Same. I remember an Instagram account having some low-res versions of the shots that were used as backdrops in the "Rain" video, they are indeed from the Spring 1993 Miami shoot with Herb, which, after the San Pedro '89 shoot, is my favourite Madonna photoshoot.

7 hours ago, Tex20 said:

It’s not that rare - I purchased it a year ago for nearly £100 and could barely sell it again for that price - I think I sold it for less than that - I think some fans over inflate the  value of her items - same with the drowned world tour dvd in cd jewel case 🥹

6 hours ago, rlittler81 said:

Same. I remember an Instagram account having some low-res versions of the shots that were used as backdrops in the "Rain" video, they are indeed from the Spring 1993 Miami shoot with Herb, which, after the San Pedro '89 shoot, is my favourite Madonna photoshoot.

Here they are

vr8TTl67AUI.jpg

9zA12GgN7cE.jpg

16 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

It’s not that rare - I purchased it a year ago for nearly £100 and could barely sell it again for that price - I think I sold it for less than that - I think some fans over inflate the  value of her items - same with the drowned world tour dvd in cd jewel case 🥹

That particular CD is very collectible due to the unique picture sleeve, whether it’s rare or not is debatable. I think that it really comes down to how badly somebody wants it. All her items fluctuate in price, and it usually depends on the demand for the item at that time. I agree that auction hype (and collectors)  can sometimes inflate prices of her items but that’s what collecting is all about. That thrill of hunting down and finding that item you really want in your collection. That’s certainly why I enjoy it so much 😀

• New_Boy changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - "Deeper and Deeper" OUT NOW!
10 hours ago, Tex20 said:

That particular CD is very collectible due to the unique picture sleeve, whether it’s rare or not is debatable. I think that it really comes down to how badly somebody wants it. All her items fluctuate in price, and it usually depends on the demand for the item at that time. I agree that auction hype (and collectors)  can sometimes inflate prices of her items but that’s what collecting is all about. That thrill of hunting down and finding that item you really want in your collection. That’s certainly why I enjoy it so much 😀

agreed - but i wont be purchasing either of those items again- im thinking of selling the FEL vinyl set now as i will never play it but kind of worried i wont get what i paid for it :(

4 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

agreed - but i wont be purchasing either of those items again- im thinking of selling the FEL vinyl set now as i will never play it but kind of worried i wont get what i paid for it :(

Yeah it’s a gamble sometimes. My suggestion would be to hold onto them for a while (if you can), because I believe eventually those items will increase in value - but it will take some time.

Doesn’t look like it. We would usually have a data base entry posted by now. I really would love Rain EP on Friday followed by Bye Bye Baby EP the week after and the videos to follow. It would be lovely  if Warner had a bit of a line of consistency around the first anniversary project rather than the scattershot approach we’ve had in terms of digital singles the last few years. 

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW