Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

7 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

I'm not saying she should have used the album version in the video (the remix works better, it's more energic), i'm saying they should have made the video mix available to everybody and not randomly on various european pressings on Rain.

And Why perform (supposedly) the Abraham mix of Bye Bye Baby at the VMA's and then not putting it on the single ? If it was bad she wouldn't have used it. 

Same with Express Yourself, that video mix should have been slapped on Cherish instead of the useless Cherish 12" or better yet, as a b-side to Oh Father to boost sales of the single. 

I don't understand, what is wrong in wanting a mix that is the most popular and wasn't available ?

It must also be a Sednaoui thing to use commercially unavailable mixes in his videos since the same happened with the video he directed for Bjork's "big time sensuality", that Fluke minimix was not available, not even as promo, until she put it on her compilation. It was frustrating because it was superior to the album version (and still is) and all the commercially available remixes.

Loveeee bjork

11 minutes ago, Jackie said:

Do you think they will release it? 

Yes, I'm hopeful we get the BBB remixes and a revisit of the Erotica (Remixes) EP to update it to include the promo remixes so it's in line with the others for content

And correcting the version of Physical Attraction on YCD would be good for the 35th anniversary time too 

1 hour ago, wtg1987 said:

Can we please stop talking about bloody fever edit one !! Jesus Christ 😂 what we should be talking about now is YCD and why no unmixed digital versions 🥹🥹

What’s there to talk about? Once again we’re not getting what we really want and instead we’re getting these crappy edits that we’ve had for years…

32 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

Or we could celebrate that we are getting the single edits - I suspect if we got the unmixed versions, people would complain there was nothing left for an expanded edition of YCD in the future.

It does seem like anytime something is announced or released we hear the usual 'but what about' and 'they should have' comments which takes away from the excitement of what we are getting etc 

Well the majority of fans want the unmixed versions and the dubs so of course they choose to release the one thing we don’t want

15 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

Rain - music video premiere June 21, 1993 -  single release July 19, 1993 - the music video was released early to promo The Girlie Show Tour announcement

Re: Bye Bye Baby - Rain was the current single when the tour was in UK / Europe - BBB was actually created primarily for the Australian and Japan markets to coincide with the November / December tour dates - Germany pressed the single likely because it was available 

And re Express Yourself - the singles had been finalised when Madonna decided to use Shep's mix over the music video so it was a case of a last minute change - yes they could have issued that version later however given it as such a big hit, they didn't need to

When Madonna got asked on MTV why she didn't make a video for "Bye Bye Baby", she said that the last one ("Rain") was the only one they really played. - I remember that at least on MTV Europe they only showed a shortned version of the "Deeper And Deeper" video.

Re: Express Yourself. The Immaculate Collection was released not long after too, featuring an edit of the Shep Pettibone remix.

14 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Well the majority of fans want the unmixed versions and the dubs so of course they choose to release the one thing we don’t want

I'm thinking the unmixed versions and dubs (remastered) could be held for an expanded edition in the future while the single edits (maybe all remastered for FEL consideration already) would be good to celebrate the 35th anniversary 

16 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

I'm thinking the unmixed versions and dubs (remastered) could be held for an expanded edition in the future while the single edits (maybe all remastered for FEL consideration already) would be good to celebrate the 35th anniversary 

You’re probably right. It’s just underwhelming for me after all these Erotica releases haha. 

50 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

It's probably just a case of the YCD anniversary taking precedence this week 

Hopefully we get the unmixed extended versions soon too. I know it may be wishful thinking but it may be possible. I mean, Emily made miracles with a digital version of Fever (Edit Two) for the first time in 30 years. :D

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW