Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

Madonna_Sorry%20.mp4_snapshot_01.23_2017

Is this screenshot from the 720p video? I used to have that file but I lost it anyway, If it is, then it's not a true HD file. If you notice down bellow there's a thin black line on the right, that's a line that shows it's from an SD interlaced video. Of course you can upscale a prores 480p or 540/576p SD file into 720p and still look crystal clear.

Edit: Also I think the other 576p video is also converted from another prores source because it should have a flag to play inside 4:3 aspect ratio even if it was 5:4 (like the dvd format) on quicktime player.

Edited by Haralampos (see edit history)

13 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

They probably call them all remastered just because they’re HD now.

I played both videos side by side and it doesn’t seem like they did anything to it. Which is fine. This is a video shot in HD digital and doesn’t need any extra work

I think the video shot on film though, of course they might have scanned it in HD/2K because that was a standard thing back then but we don't really know if they had exported the video in HD quality as well.

9 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

So is this Sorry HD a cropped version of the original? Or is this the ratio it was filmed in?

It looks like it's a cropped version from the 'fullscreen' one, also it seems they did the same mistake with Frozen video, they used the native file aspect ratio (I guess (?)). Whoever upscaled these videos doesn't know much about video production (and the industry standards thru the years).

13 minutes ago, Haralampos said:

I think the video shot on film though, of course they might have scanned it in HD/2K because that was a standard thing back then but we don't really know if they had exported the video in HD quality as well.

I’m not sure it’s film. Looks like digital. But could be.

And I’m pretty sure it was exported in at lease 720p since that was a requirement for digital tv in 2006.

2 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

I’m not sure it’s film. Looks like digital. But could be.

And I’m pretty sure it was exported in at lease 720p since that was a requirement for digital tv in 2006.

All the music videos till 2009 where mostly in SD and interlaced (not even progresive) as the music industry started late to that, thanks to YouTube. Of course it depends on the artist and director keeping an HD file and maybe Sorry exists. I haven't checked that HD file in motion though, maybe I'm wrong. I have seen on Vimeo native HD videos from Bjork like Who Is It (2004) and Wanderlust (2007) and then there's videos won multiple awards like Single Ladies that they don't exist in HD.

Edit: That's my personal research and knowledge, I can be wrong.

4 hours ago, Haralampos said:

All the music videos till 2009 where mostly in SD and interlaced (not even progresive) as the music industry started late to that, thanks to YouTube. Of course it depends on the artist and director keeping an HD file and maybe Sorry exists. I haven't checked that HD file in motion though, maybe I'm wrong. I have seen on Vimeo native HD videos from Bjork like Who Is It (2004) and Wanderlust (2007) and then there's videos won multiple awards like Single Ladies that they don't exist in HD.

Edit: That's my personal research and knowledge, I can be wrong.

I don’t think they were. But promo DVDs were very much a thing and tv stations were still broadcasting analog. So all these files were also converted for such purposes. 
I mean we know the American Life video was transferred in 720p and that’s early 2003

5 minutes ago, Frozen98 said:

Is Borderline EP remastered ? 

I don’t even know which versions they have used here hahaha. I suspect the Album Version is the 2001 remaster, the “7’’ Version” is actually the “Celebration” version (when they’re not the same version) and the “U.S. Remix” a remaster of the version that was previously available on the “Madonna” digital album.

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW