Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

24 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

I have all the singles etc uploaded on my YouTube music account. I simply don’t trust her/her team/rhino/whoever to do these things properly so I don’t worry about it. As long casual fans can access her music I’m not sure it matters if the versions are 100% correct. I do understand the frustration. My motto in life is “do not worry about things you cannot control.”

I simply am just interested what is what.  I'm not bothered by it to the point to have a melt down over it, like some do.  I agree, it is what it is, and at the end of the day it doesn't matter if they are labeled correctly.  Though, owning the physical copies and then seeing some of the digital versions of these songs/albums get new version or renamed, gets a bit confusing.  Also, I will admit that it annoys me that songs were replaced on the digital versions of IC. 

19 minutes ago, tscott said:

I simply am just interested what is what.  I'm not bothered by it to the point to have a melt down over it, like some do.  I agree, it is what it is, and at the end of the day it doesn't matter if they are labeled correctly.  Though, owning the physical copies and then seeing some of the digital versions of these songs/albums get new version or renamed, gets a bit confusing.  Also, I will admit that it annoys me that songs were replaced on the digital versions of IC. 

If fans petition enough they’ll probably fix it 

8 hours ago, tscott said:

1. But is this the "Original' album version? The timing is throwing me off as my original album lists as 5:18?  But I also know that it varies from format to format or what region its released in.  And why don't we talk about it? I've never had an issue with the album version.  My only issues is when they replace some of the digital/streaming version with different versions. For instance, the digital/streaming platforms of IC, have different versions of some of the songs (such as Borderline) to what was on the physical format.  Lucky Star is another song that the original IC version isn't on the digital/streaming versions.

This is what's included on the "Borderline" digital single:

Track 1: Tagged as "Remix" on Spotify, no tag on Apple Music (just "Borderline") - It's the Album Version, 2001 remaster, 5:20

Track 2: No tag, just "Borderline" on Spotify but tagged as "7'' Remix" on Apple Music - It's the "Celebration" Alternate Q-Sound Mix, 2009 remaster, 3:58

Track 3: "Borderline (U.S. Remix)", correctly tagged on both Spotify and Apple Music - The correct Extended Remix by Jellybean, probably remastered/sound boosted in 2023 (now), 6:56

---

Additionally, "The Immaculate Collection" on digital includes two tracks different from the original compilation on physical:

Track 2: "Lucky Star", tagged as "US ReMix Version" is the "New Mix", "U.S Remix", the Extended Remix by Jellybean, original master, not the 2001 remaster, 7:15

Track 3: "Borderline", tagged as "Remix", is simply the Album Version, original master, not the 2001 remaster, 5:17

3 hours ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Most probably not,they will just retag the files and boom

Looking at the tags and how the previous releases were carefully curated, it appears to be more of a mistake. Maybe they tried to merge certain versions and that messed it up?

1 hour ago, MattyMads said:

So we have La Isla Bonita EP released this Friday, I wonder if it will contain the 7" remix?

Watch it just be the same case as Borderline where they put the versions from the 40th Anniversary of True Blue on there...

On 2/22/2023 at 6:00 PM, Prayer said:

This is what's included on the "Borderline" digital single:

Track 1: Tagged as "Remix" on Spotify, no tag on Apple Music (just "Borderline") - It's the Album Version, 2001 remaster, 5:20

Track 2: No tag, just "Borderline" on Spotify but tagged as "7'' Remix" on Apple Music - It's the "Celebration" Alternate Q-Sound Mix, 2009 remaster, 3:58

Track 3: "Borderline (U.S. Remix)", correctly tagged on both Spotify and Apple Music - The correct Extended Remix by Jellybean, probably remastered/sound boosted in 2023 (now), 6:56

---

Additionally, "The Immaculate Collection" on digital includes two tracks different from the original compilation on physical:

Track 2: "Lucky Star", tagged as "US ReMix Version" is the "New Mix", "U.S Remix", the Extended Remix by Jellybean, original master, not the 2001 remaster, 7:15

Track 3: "Borderline", tagged as "Remix", is simply the Album Version, original master, not the 2001 remaster, 5:17

Now that you pointed it out, the Jellybean remix is remastered but not as heavily as Mike Dean's. It's impressive! :D

1 hour ago, luckystar908 said:

There is still hope for the 7'' Remix of Open Your Heart if they also release it as a single, fingers crossed :pray:

1 hour ago, Roy said:

Sound boosted, slightly remastered. We love that for her. :D

Oh God please, please, the 7'' Remix of Open Your Heart with this quality... Please, please.... :pray:

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW