Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

59 minutes ago, Prayer said:

But then the UK and Germany got a 3-track version with "Mer Girl" or "Little Star" and the Dallas remix:

https://www.discogs.com/es/release/711390-Madonna-The-Power-Of-Good-Bye

https://www.discogs.com/es/release/8615422-Madonna-The-Power-Of-Good-Bye-Little-Star

I can't find any European CD with "Mer Girl", only with "Little Star". Are you sure about "Mer Girl" as B-Side in Europe?

11 minutes ago, Prayer said:

You're completely right:

- "Mer Girl" was the B-Side for the US

- "Little Star" for Europe

Sorry for the confusion! :cute:

No, thanks to you for the info. I couldn't remember the European CD-Maxi I bought in 1998 because I played it only once. It was the one with the four remixes. Now I want to buy the US CD with "Mer Girl" (I have the 7'' vinyl made in US).

15 hours ago, Prayer said:

Didn't know about this story at all, thank you.

"The Power Of Good-Bye" is wonderful. And yes, the remixes never did it justice fully, especially after all the wonderful remixes packages for the previous three singles of the era. The TLC-lite sound of the Dallas Austin remix was not that inspired and this one, while experimental, needed MUCH more work:

BUT WHAT A COVER. And video.

Tbh I really liked the Luke Slater mixes, but because they were sooo unexpected and dark.

I do think they belong to the vinyl single, as a DJ item not for general released. It would be nice have some more easy listen dub mix of it.

21 minutes ago, rlittler81 said:

Hmmm 🤔 maybe they are alternating between 80s singles and 90s singles? Would have assumed Drowned World was the next release.

The only thing we know about their release strategy is: there is no strategy :) 

We are very very lucky that we are getting back to back releases. They did this initially and originally stopped to help prolong exposure for each release. I imagine they have the upscaled video for Burning Up ready to go too.

1 minute ago, deathproof said:

Okay so, 2.99 = 3 tracks

What are we thinking exactly?

1. Original version aka 12” Mix
  2. Original 7” Mix aka Remix Edit 3:55
  3. Physical Attraction

My bet is this one but with the Album Version/"Celebration" Version instead of "PA".

I'd love to see the original alternative Album Version but...

This will be an interesting release, seeing that the majority of these digital releases tend to be based on the US releases, yet.., Burning Up never had a 7” released in the US.

Will pigs finally fly and gift us with a digital copy of the “Alternate Album Mix” first found on the Australian 7”? Or will we just get the original Remix Edit?

6 minutes ago, deathproof said:

Okay so, 2.99 = 3 tracks

What are we thinking exactly?

1. Original version aka 12” Mix
  2. Original 7” Mix aka Remix Edit 3:55
  3. Physical Attraction

Possibly what you said with the 7" of Physical Attraction. Or it could be 

1. Burning Up (7")

2. Burning Up (12")

3. Burning Up (Alternative mix)

All were officially released in some territories and the fact that it's not listed a s double A side make me think it's probably 3 x Burning Ups.

1 minute ago, Bjonkers said:

Possibly what you said with the 7" of Burning up. Or it could be 

1. Burning Up 7"

2. Burning Up 12"

3. Burning Up (Alternative mix)

All were officially released in some territories and the fact that it's not listed a s double A side make me think it's probably 3 x Burning Ups.

This would be a dream come true, but if I’m not mistaken , all the 7”s that were released (with just “Burning Up” on the cover), all had PA as the b-side. I’m really getting the feeling that this won’t all be Burning Ups…

3 minutes ago, deathproof said:

This would be a dream come true, but if I’m not mistaken , all the 7”s that were released (with just “Burning Up” on the cover), all had PA as the b-side. I’m really getting the feeling that this won’t all be Burning Ups…

True. I guess we'll have to wait and see. We are being well spoiled this year. 

2 hours ago, rlittler81 said:

Hmmm 🤔 maybe they are alternating between 80s singles and 90s singles? Would have assumed Drowned World was the next release.

I still think we're getting the rest of ROL singles (Like Erotica) this month but it's the 40th Anniversary of Burning Up as well. Maybe that's why there's an exception.

Edit: Oh well you said the same thing on a later post. XD

16 minutes ago, steady75 said:

I think it will 100% be

1. 7” inch version (aka remix edit)

2. 12” remix

3. Physical Atraction.

The artwork states burning up physical attraction clearly so they have to include it 

I think this is realistic, due to the artwork too... my worry is it might be the video/current album mix as track one meaning nothing new... I really hope Im wrong and we get the single edit. 

Id love the original LP mix (jellybean mix) but judging by how Borderline was f'd up I wonder if this will end up being a missed opportunity. 

We will soon find out! Justice for the LP mix!

I wouldn't take the original artwork as an indication of anything. The "Bad Girl/Fever" digital EP was already released last year with only "Bad Girl" as title on the cover. And there's a "solo" version of the "Burning Up" cover, released in France and Belgium:

My0xNzMzLmpwZWc.jpeg

It's easy to delete "PA" from the original anyway and replace "Burning Up" in the middle if they want to:

LTU2MTIuanBlZw.jpeg

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW