Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

22 minutes ago, Prayer said:

WTF

Like WTF, really.

It's not 1998, what's with that message. If they really want to surprise people with this releases, make them available worldwide at the same time instead of doing regular midnight releases for each country.

The fact that they worry about that and not about a proper remastering or including all the proper versions, well. A choice.

What if they are talking about the rumors for the first album re-issue in July?

25 minutes ago, Prayer said:

WTF

Like WTF, really.

It's not 1998, what's with that message. If they really want to surprise people with this releases, make them available worldwide at the same time instead of doing regular midnight releases for each country.

The fact that they worry about that and not about a proper remastering or including all the proper versions, well. A choice.

Rhino got too much confidencial of themselves

23 minutes ago, Prayer said:

WTF

Like WTF, really.

Is she for real ? Hahaha

4 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

There's literally nothing out about the first re-issue except people saying it makes sense it'll be "Madonna", since it's the 40th anniversary.

So it must be the digital singles? Usually we find out they're being released some days in advance and of course once is already out in NZ we have the tracklist and previews... cause it's out! What's confidential about it??

24 minutes ago, Prayer said:

WTF

Like WTF, really.

Odd post, I agree, but I wonder if this is directed at someone specific, rather the fan base.  Anyway, I'm just happy to see her music getting digital releases.  Could it be handled better, most likely, but I think this is an issue that effects many artists. 

5 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

It's to do with posting the digital releases scheduled on social media prior to the day and it's a request from M not to do it etc 

I won't be tweeting that stuff anymore out of respect for her request 

1 minute ago, GregVsMatt said:

It's to do with posting the digital releases scheduled on social media prior to the day and it's a request from M not to do it etc 

I won't be tweeting that stuff anymore out of respect for her request 

Ahh that makes sense.  Though isn't that a bit shady for Rhino to post that, the more I think about it? 

3 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

No, they are so nice, just passing on a message from M 

But you saw the reaction even from @Prayer.   And some will try to twist this as a negative.  Interesting approach when they probably could have dealt with this better internally and found a better way in keeping people leaking info before she can announce it.  But it's hard in the digital age to keep things tight.  There is always going to be someone who will either intentionally or unintentionally leak info. 

2 minutes ago, tscott said:

But you saw the reaction even from @Prayer.   And some will try to twist this as a negative.  Interesting approach when they probably could have dealt with this better internally and found a better way in keeping people leaking info before she can announce it.  But it's hard in the digital age to keep things tight.  There is always going to be someone who will either intentionally or unintentionally leak info. 

I'm only responsible for my actions and I have committed to not posting that info on social media platforms 

5 minutes ago, tscott said:

If the issue was with a user in particular on Twitter, a simple DM would have been not only more professional, but also nicer.

Again, these releases are for hardcore fans (us). I think they're missing the point if they find offensive us getting excited by them, talking a couple of days about potential tracklists, etc. Not to mention the free promo that all is.

But if they don't want us to care about them, well, let's not talk about them then?

Wait. Is she mad with you @GregVsMatt??? So weird. It's not like they post anything about these single releases until the day of when they're already being widely discussed due to time zones.

If anything, the few days of discussion about them and what might be on them makes us more excited and stream them more. 

Whatever, Burning Up is out in 10 minutes and I'll be staying up to stream it before bed, because I knew it was coming!

15 minutes ago, Prayer said:

If the issue was with a user in particular on Twitter, a simple DM would have been not only more professional, but also nicer.

Again, these releases are for hardcore fans (us). I think they're missing the point if they find offensive us getting excited by them, talking a couple of days about potential tracklists, etc. Not to mention the free promo that all is.

But if they don't want us to care about them, well, let's not talk about them then?

I don't disagree, but I have to wonder if this isn't necessarily intended for the fans. Possibly we're reading too much into it.  After all, it's Rhino that shared this publicly.  Not Madonna.  So that's why I feel there is some 'shade' on Rhino's part for even sharing it.  There may be more to this than we are understanding. 

4 minutes ago, Bjonkers said:

Wait. Is she mad with you @GregVsMatt??? So weird. It's not like they post anything about these single releases until the day of when they're already being widely discussed due to time zones.

If anything, the few days of discussion about them and what might be on them makes us more excited and stream them more. 

Whatever, Burning Up is out in 10 minutes and I'll be staying up to stream it before bed, because I knew it was coming!

I'm sure they are fine with time zones, it's just the posts in the days leading up. 

2 minutes ago, tscott said:

I don't disagree, but I have to wonder if this isn't meant for the fans. Possibly we're reading too much into it.  After all, it's Rhino that shared this publicly.  Not Madonna.  So that's why I feel there is some 'shade' on Rhino's part for even sharing it.  There may be more to this than we are understanding. 

It was not shade, just a respectful request 

7 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

It was not shade, just a respectful request 

I guess that I'm already predicting that the media or press, jumping on this and twisting this into Madonna reprimanding her fans for sharing enthusiasm regarding these releases. LOL!  Do you see what I mean?  Some of the responses here are already making like Madonna is squeezing the fun out of the releases.

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW