Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

2 hours ago, Prayer said:

This can't be true. It's 2023, it would have been on the Internet for years now. Every other thing is, it's not like she's this obscure indie singer.

Anyone here has the VHS? My guess is the running time includes a little intro (remember how Warner always included an intro with the title on "The Immaculate Collection" and "93:99" too) and maybe the closing credits.

But I'd be happy to discover an official longer version of the video 25 years later, of course. :smile:

It's a longer version with extra footage. I bought it at the time from Icon and they promoted it as a special version that wouldn't be available anywhere else. I have it in my collection but it's in storage and I don't even have a VHS player anymore. But I'm sure someone can dig out a copy and transfer it digitally. There's no intro. It's just goes straight into the video.

12 minutes ago, planetbenjamin said:

It's a longer version with extra footage. I bought it at the time from Icon and they promoted it as a special version that wouldn't be available anywhere else. I have it in my collection but it's in storage and I don't even have a VHS player anymore. But I'm sure someone can dig out a copy and transfer it digitally. There's no intro. It's just goes straight into the video.

Well anyone has this VHS or a rip of this extended version, please?

I do believe you @planetbenjaminbut also find extremely weird that we haven't seen this extended version in 25 years. According to Wikipedia and Today In Madonna History, 40.000 copies of the VHS single were released in the US, so it wasn't even that limited in the end:

https://todayinmadonnahistory.com/2022/06/23/today-in-madonna-history-june-23-1998-3/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_of_Light_(song)

12 hours ago, Prayer said:

Well anyone has this VHS or a rip of this extended version, please?

I do believe you @planetbenjaminbut also find extremely weird that we haven't seen this extended version in 25 years. According to Wikipedia and Today In Madonna History, 40.000 copies of the VHS single were released in the US, so it wasn't even that limited in the end:

https://todayinmadonnahistory.com/2022/06/23/today-in-madonna-history-june-23-1998-3/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_of_Light_(song)

Bought it back in the day.  Not sure what Planetbenjamin is talking about, but the video single was not exclusive to the fan club.  It is pretty much as you described.  It has an intro and outro of credits which obviously is counting for the extra time.  I didn't recall this when people first posted about this longer version, but as soon as you mentioned about the "credits", that s when it dawned on me regarding the additional time.  If I had a way to rip my VHS, I would, but I don't.  But like some here did, I researched for the longer video and found nothing.  But thanks to you, I now recall there is no extra footage.  Just credits as you described.

5 hours ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Sorry guys the nothing really matters release isn't coming because Emily couldn't screen record the remixes because someone screamed while she was doing it.So we are only getting the two versions already on streaming.Hey

Whaaat? No remixes on Friday then? I hope it's only a joke haha 

5 hours ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Sorry guys the nothing really matters release isn't coming because Emily couldn't screen record the remixes because someone screamed while she was doing it.So we are only getting the two versions already on streaming.Hey

What are you talking about?

This would be the "Nothing Really Matters" digital single tracklist this Friday, according to a member on PopJustice:

1. Nothing Really Matters
2. Nothing Really Matters (Club 69 Radio Mix)
3. Nothing Really Matters (Club 69 Vocal Club Mix)
4. Nothing Really Matters (Club 69 Future Mix)
5. Nothing Really Matters (Club 69 Phunk Mix)
6. Nothing Really Matters (Club 69 Speed Mix)
7. Nothing Really Matters (Kruder & Dorfmeister Mix)
8. Nothing Really Matters (Vikram Remix)
9. Nothing Really Matters (Club 69 Future Dub)

We'll know for sure in 24 hours when it's already out in NZ.

1 minute ago, Prayer said:

This would be the "Nothing Really Matters" digital single tracklist this Friday, according to a member on PopJustice:

1. Nothing Really Matters
2. Nothing Really Matters (Club 69 Radio Mix)
3. Nothing Really Matters (Club 69 Vocal Club Mix)
4. Nothing Really Matters (Club 69 Future Mix)
5. Nothing Really Matters (Club 69 Phunk Mix)
6. Nothing Really Matters (Club 69 Speed Mix)
7. Nothing Really Matters (Kruder & Dorfmeister Mix)
8. Nothing Really Matters (Vikram Remix)
9. Nothing Really Matters (Club 69 Future Dub)

We'll know for sure in 24 hours when it's already out in NZ.

I don't know anything about this stuff (I'm discovering all remixes as they get uploaded), is this tracklist good or bad? Any big omissions?

6 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

I don't know anything about this stuff (I'm discovering all remixes as they get uploaded), is this tracklist good or bad? Any big omissions?

It's exactly the same as the original US CD maxi single but with the "Club 69 Radio Mix" moved up to track number two:

https://www.discogs.com/es/release/35103-Madonna-Nothing-Really-Matters

MjkwNS5qcGVn.jpeg

I think it covers all the commercially released remixes back in 1999 but surely there are some additional promo ones not included here.

1 hour ago, Bjonkers said:

People who are not native English speakers do not pick up on sarcasm and "humour", so all you're really doing is mocking them.

How am I mocking someone explain yourself?Should i put "😄😄😄😁😁😁" at the end of the comment?

I also aren't a native English speaker in Spanish homever i know that because i learned it.

33 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

How am I mocking someone explain yourself?Should i put "😄😄😄😁😁😁" at the end of the comment?

I also aren't a native English speaker in Spanish homever i know that because i learned it.

Keep up the lessons chicken, you'll get it one day :lol::lol::lol:

2 hours ago, Prayer said:

It's exactly the same as the original US CD maxi single but with the "Club 69 Radio Mix" moved up to track number two:

https://www.discogs.com/es/release/35103-Madonna-Nothing-Really-Matters

MjkwNS5qcGVn.jpeg

I think it covers all the commercially released remixes back in 1999 but surely there are some additional promo ones not included here.

It misses the Club 69 Mixshow Mix, the longer Vikram mix (8mins) both of which were commercially released in Europe, the Club 69 Speed Dub and full-length Vikram Cybercut mixes were promo only… better than nothing I guess, the main mixes are getting a release.

3 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

That's just the US CDM. Great remixes, but a wasted opportunity to get some of the promo/vinyl only ones properly released. Very disappointing. I hope it's fake news.

Would love more Vikram and K&D mixes, less club 69 but it is what it is, again. ;)

I would be so fkn delighted if this song unexpectedly became a massive viral hit. It’s one of my all time favorite tracks of hers. 

there were also rumors back than that P. Diddy or Puffy Pouf or whatever his name was back then, was remixing it. Would’ve loved to hear that. 

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW