Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

6 hours ago, Angelman60 said:

It's crazy that they always want to go for the latest remaster while I think it's more important to have a cohesive (consistent?) sound for all the tracks of a release. 

Sometimes they aren't even remasters just trashy masters made to fit little Timmy's crusty iPad 4 audio system

3 hours ago, tscott said:

So happy to see what was originally released mostly world-wide is seeing the light of day on the streaming and digital platforms.  I never heard of the Mix show until today, but I see that was included on the Australian and Japan versions which didn't include half of what the rest of the world got.  Not a big deal to me.  Since listening to it, earlier, it sounds like a variation of the other Club 69 mixes.  The important thing is that her team is updating her catalog with the majority of her mixes.  I'm excited to see what comes next. :)

It’s ok to be a fan of someone and also be disappointed in something they release. I promise.

13 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

What is there to be disappointed in?  Was yesterday better without these mixes on streaming....? Nope.  

Thanks, but when fans collect everything and have been given things on these EP’s that were previously vinyl only, sometimes it’s a bit disappointing.

If you aren’t disappointed, move on. There’s no need to comment to try and make someone feel bad or a worse fan because they were hoping something vinyl only was going to finally be released digitally. 

On 11/19/2022 at 2:05 AM, Harry X said:

I checked the files in Audacity too, I don't have the promo cd but I found it here. Considering all the above you said, same source and everything. Although I noticed tape noise at the end on each track. For Physical Attraction the volume is higher on my test. Everybody, Over and Over, Into the Groove & Where's the Party have different waveforms in general.

I think those are pre-mastered mixes (final mixes but not mastered) or at least not mastered for cd, maybe vinyl masters (?), less bass etc. But I personally like the promo cd sound.

Also does anyone checked the Rain digital EP? I only have the European CD and noticed minor volume differences mostly. (But I always prefer to compare the local releases if available. xD)

Looks Like Im Hanging on to that YCD promo cd.

40 minutes ago, luluthecat said:

Love all these mixes. But my god why can’t we just get them all. I hate how random these releases are.

It's all messy. But I'm willing to admit that there's some sense in it. Unfortunately they don't make it with the releasing all Ray of Light singles in march. The Power of Good-Bye is left out for April. And in April is 20th anniversary of American Life, but will Madonna celebrate it?

13 hours ago, BuggedOut said:

If it were promo only mixes only missing, I might think it to be the case, but officially released mixes like the Club 69 Mixshow Mix are being left off while Love Don’t included the promo only Hot Mix Radio Edit.

Just look at the Bedtime Story and Frozen EP’s. Lots of Promo Only mixes included.

They are just messing everything up now. Bummer. Back to carting my external HD’s with me in the car and to gatherings lol

But why only include the Hot Mix Edit?? Extended Journey, Edge Factor Dub etc are all by the same person, surely if they can secure 1 mix they can get all of them. Warner already own these mixes, I can't understand why there'd be any issues in making them available. 

10 minutes ago, Kacper said:

It's all messy. But I'm willing to admit that there's some sense in it. Unfortunately they don't make it with the releasing all Ray of Light singles in march. The Power of Good-Bye is left out for April. And in April is 20th anniversary of American Life, but will Madonna celebrate it?

Doubt it. They may as well just stick everything they have on streaming now. What is this non-existant campaign all about? It could actually be a great promo opportunity. When her Instagram page was wiped I assumed she must have a new marketing team, so was expecting stuff like this to be promoted - but NO

1 minute ago, luluthecat said:

Warner already own these mixes, I can't understand why there'd be any issues in making them available. 

Mixes are left for reissues I'm telling you. They need to make remasters more interesting so people would buy them.

Hm? Demos in reissues? Hah HELL NO! No way. Madonna has to leave something for her kids to release when she's gone. Posthumous albums she has recorded won't be enough!

music video madonna GIF

4 minutes ago, Kacper said:

Mixes are left for reissues I'm telling you. They need to make remasters more interesting so people would buy them.

I fucking hope not :lol: Sticking 13 dub mixes on the end of Ray Of Light isn't gonna have any appeal to a wider market, that's why these digital singles are (could be) perfect for us hardcore fans who need every mix. 

5 minutes ago, luluthecat said:

I fucking hope not :lol: Sticking 13 dub mixes on the end of Ray Of Light isn't gonna have any appeal to a wider market, that's why these digital singles are (could be) perfect for us hardcore fans who need every mix. 

Who said that they would add 13 mixes? One or two missing mixes per album and bye bye baby*. 

*I don't mean a song btw.

Edited by Kacper (see edit history)

49 minutes ago, DaddyZ said:

Uffff. I forgot how horrid the Club 69 remixes really are. Wish they had put the Vikram Remix or at least the album version on release radar. This is just gross. 

Oh well. ✊🏽🤣

Oh the irony. I can't live without the Club 69 remixes (Radio & Mixshow versions).

Back in the day, the Club 69 sound of the NRM mixes was the cream of the crop remix-wise

And while M wasn’t the first artist to enlist Peter to remix one of her songs, it was a clever move on Warner’s part. If Peter’s work on the song hadn’t achieved the level of success it did, he prolly wouldn’t have gone on to remix all the subsequent songs

Speaking of the digital release, it could have been better curated of course, but it’s still over an hour long just like the Frozen and BS EPs are. They must have pushed the Radio mix up the list so it would gain more streams

8 minutes ago, Madant said:

Back in the day, the Club 69 sound of the NRM mixes was the cream of the crop remix-wise

And while M wasn’t the first artist to enlist Peter to remix one of her songs, it was a clever move on Warner’s part. If Peter’s work on the song hadn’t achieved the level of success it did, he prolly wouldn’t have gone on to remix all the subsequent songs

Speaking of the digital release, it could have been better curated of course, but it’s still over an hour long just like the Frozen and BS EPs are. They must have pushed the Radio mix up the list so it would gain more streams

True, the "Club 69 Radio/Club Mix" was fresh as f**k back then. I still love it.

Sadly they couldn't push the Radio Mix on Spotify cause it was already released previously on "Finally Enough Love". They can only push not previously released songs for Release Radar.

20 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Is any Madonna's EP longer than 74 minutes?

Some of the digital EPs like Bedtime Story, Frozen, oh, Music, too, released to streaming, are over an hour long

EPs released on CD back in the day were usually shorter unless issued for Japanese / OZ markets, think LAP or Deeper and Deeper EPs

1 minute ago, Madant said:

Some of the digital EPs like Bedtime Story, Frozen, oh, Music, too, released to streaming, are over an hour long

EPs released on CD back in the day were usually shorter unless issued for Japanese / OZ markets, think LAP or Deeper and Deeper EPs

I'm asking that question because maybe the EPs can't be longer than 74 minutes for streaming. I mean, in Europe in the 90s for example, a CD-Maxi couldn't be longer than 20 minutes (that is the reason why we have many singles divided in part 1 and part 2).

11 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

I'm asking that question because maybe the EPs can't be longer than 74 minutes for streaming. I mean, in Europe in the 90s for example, a CD-Maxi couldn't be longer than 20 minutes (that is the reason why we have many singles divided in part 1 and part 2).

There's no time limit on streaming, I think the limit on every unique release is 99 tracks? :smile: I could be wrong.

But definitely the lack of promo/unreleased remixes is for other reasons.

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW