Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

7 hours ago, lucasciccone said:

Yeah I know, I'm talking about real HD remasters. They surely have the film reels stored somewhere, but I guess it's too expensive? (and way more difficult). And of course the fact that Madonna has a huge videography, so...

It’s not very expensive nor difficult. But it’s challenging retrieving the original film reels for music videos. Unfortunately most labels were not very careful about archiving it, unlike with movies

On 11/9/2021 at 1:29 PM, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

These are HD. The problem is nowadays everyone has 4k TVs and these uploads are half of that resolution. 

Full HD uploads would make sense 10 years ago not in 2021.

480 to 2160p upscales usually don't look that great. Most people still have 720/1080p monitors, and most TV channels still are transmitted through (badly interlaced) 1080i. 

14 hours ago, RayofPrayers said:

480 to 2160p upscales usually don't look that great. Most people still have 720/1080p monitors, and most TV channels still are transmitted through (badly interlaced) 1080i. 

But they are uploading these videos in 2021. This should be future proof. You can't just think about what the general public uses currently. These remasters already look dated in 2021. You really think we'll be getting actual remasters for Hung Up, etc in the next 10 years? 

I mean i hope so...but you never know with them.

5 hours ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

But they are uploading these videos in 2021. This should be future proof. You can't just think about what the general public uses currently. These remasters already look dated in 2021. You really think we'll be getting actual remasters for Hung Up, etc in the next 10 years? 

I mean i hope so...but you never know with them.

I'm pretty sure this is the highest quality we are ever gonna get. If everyone in 10 years is using 8K, Madonna videos will still be regular HD and that's it. She won't pay to have all her music videos remastered from the reels. 

Why do people on here keep thinking upscaling to 4K or any kind of upscale will look good ? Do you guys even understand anything about video and high definition- the comments on here are just laughable - these videos will never look true Hd unless Warner has them or goes back and re edits them from the original film reels  which are probably lost anyway or in the same hole as the blond ambition Paris footage - it’s pretty poor management on Ms behalf how all her video work has been archived ?

Well the upscale technology has come a long way in just a couple years. So maybe in a few more years it will allow for things that are not possible now.

As for the film reels, we know they had them in the early 2000s since they transferred all that b-roll. Since then Warner has went through a lot of major changes so it’s probably more difficult to figure out where everything is

6 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Why do people on here keep thinking upscaling to 4K or any kind of upscale will look good ? Do you guys even understand anything about video and high definition- the comments on here are just laughable - these videos will never look true Hd unless Warner has them or goes back and re edits them from the original film reels  which are probably lost anyway or in the same hole as the blond ambition Paris footage - it’s pretty poor management on Ms behalf how all her video work has been archived ?

The upscale do look great though compared to what we had.

On 11/13/2021 at 5:08 AM, wtg1987 said:

Yup. But...there is a film version of Material Girl, Dress You Up, and Bedtime Story since they were shown in theatres. Not sure if it was the complete versions of MG and DYU but the reels were on ebay a few years ago.

• New_Boy changed the title to Single reissues campaign - Open Your Heart HD Music Video OUT NOW
  • Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW