Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

4 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Some fans forget something very important. Many non-fans only know and love the versions played on the radio. And those are the versions they want in streaming (including me).

I've been pointing this out all along.  Most people listening to Madonna on streaming aren't really looking for particular mixes.  Just the song, they are used to hearing.  The added mixes are pretty much a bonus for hardcore fans, and for most they already own them whether in physical format or saved in their own digital devices.  I know I do!  And if I am looking for a particular mix to play either I go to my collection or simply go on Youtube and quickly find it. 

As @GregVsMatt stated earlier, the campaign is fine and still going on.  My guess; they are milking it, to keep generating new content for her on digital and streaming platforms.  To me, that makes total sense.  Just because we don't get a digital release every week or few weeks means it's not still going on. Of course, it's going on.  It's only a "mess" to some because they want every single release and mix.... right now!  I say chill and enjoy what comes our way every so often.  Having a meltdown over this or calling people "know it alls" or telling them to "shut up" because they don't offer the same opinion as another, isn't very productive to the conversation. 

41 minutes ago, McDonna said:

My guess; they are milking it, to keep generating new content for her on digital and streaming platforms.  To me, that makes total sense.  Just because we don't get a digital release every week or few weeks means it's not still going on. Of course, it's going on.  It's only a "mess" to some because they want every single release and mix.... right now!

my opinion:

looking at the streaming and at everyday music industry i think, and i always thought, that the best way to milking fans is to put out piece after piece , regularly ......

once a week, once a month...... 

and give them more as possible.....

remixes, feats..... like the weeknd do with Popular a slowed version and a sped up version,  an instrumental version and a cappella version......

and all this for the streaming.......

more streams in remixes and other versions, more copies sold, more certifications and more promotion for Madonna.......

11 minutes ago, Leona Helmsley said:

my opinion:

looking at the streaming and at everyday music industry i think, and i always think, that the best way to milking fans is to put out piece after piece , regularly ......

once a week, once a month...... 

and give them more as possible.....

remixes, feats..... like the weeknd do with Popular a slowed version and a sped up version,  an instrumental version and a cappella version......

and all this for the streaming.......

more streams in remixes and other versions, more copies sold, more certifications and more promotion for Madonna.......

To me, this is extremely unrealistic, because eventually you'll run out of content. For me, it's about savoring those moments.  Madonna is still pretty active, but you can't really expect she's going to release something new every week or month.  She has her own life and there is such a thing as over-saturation.  Even "The Weeknd" doesn't release new content, remixes, etc, every week or month.  And a lot of the stuff you and others are wanting on streaming have already been released physically and can be found on other platforms, so it's not like it's not out there.  As for "more certifications" and "more promotion", I hardly doubt releasing an "edit" and "instrumental" of Live to Tell is going to impact sales or certifications.  Just look at the recent digital releases of "Lucky Star" or "Borderline".  Have you seen a huge increase in certifications, sales or promotion for her since those releases?  I don't think so!

5 minutes ago, McDonna said:

To me, this is extremely unrealistic, because eventually you'll run out of content. For me, it's about savoring those moments.  Madonna is still pretty active, but you can't really expect she's going to release something new every week or month.  She has her own life and there is such a thing as over-saturation.  Even "The Weeknd" doesn't release new content, remixes, etc, every week or month.  And a lot of the stuff you and others are wanting on streaming have already been released physically and can be found on other platforms, so it's not like it's not out there.  As for "more certifications" and "more promotion", I hardly doubt releasing an "edit" and "instrumental" of Live to Tell is going to impact sales or certifications.  Just look at the recent digital releases of "Lucky Star" or "Borderline".  Have you seen a huge increase in certifications, sales or promotion for her since those releases?  I don't think so!

yes, once a week or once a month was an example, maybe a bit extreme,  but to say for me they need to put out songs in a less messy way and in a more regular way.....

well i think remixes and other versions of a song can always help...... frozen with sickick have more than 100 million streams..... for sure is better than have only one version....... and a remix for me can help new people to discover her....... like with sickick...... that song was everywhere on tik tok thanks by him....... (no i don't have tik tok )..... so i don't think more is bad...... 

14 minutes ago, Leona Helmsley said:

yes, once a week or once a month was an example, maybe a bit extreme,  but to say for me they need to put out songs in a less messy way and in a more regular way.....

well i think remixes and other versions of a song can always help...... frozen with sickick have more than 100 million streams..... for sure is better than have only one version....... and a remix for me can help new people to discover her....... like with sickick...... that song was everywhere on tik tok thanks by him....... (no i don't have tik tok )..... so i don't think more is bad...... 

I don't see it  as "messy".  It's either they release them or they don't. It's only "messy" to some because they are picky about which remixes or edits they prefer.  And let's remember the Sickick mix only became as successful as it did because it went viral on TIktok. It was far more organic because it went viral by the public, not a push or release by her record company.  The mixes weren't released right away. And this is a prime example of "savoring" a moment.  They didn't just immediately jump on the viral moment and release the remix.  They really milked that moment and waited a while before releasing it and then milked the hell out of it over a period of six months or longer with varied versions afterwards.  That all being said, there is no way of reduplicating that same success again.  Not every release will take off this way.  And the more you start over-saturating the market with the same artist with more songs in a short time, the more chance you start turning people off from the artist.  What your asking for isn't organic! 

8 minutes ago, McDonna said:

I don't see it  as "messy".  It's either they release them or they don't. It's only "messy" to some because they are picky about which remixes or edits they prefer.  And let's remember the Sickick mix only became as successful as it did because it went viral on TIktok. It was far more organic because it went viral by the public, not a push or release by her record company.  The mixes weren't released right away. And this is a prime example of "savoring" a moment.  They didn't just immediately jump on the viral moment and release the remix.  They really milked that moment and waited a while before releasing it and then milked the hell out of it over a period of six months or longer with varied versions afterwards.  That all being said, there is no way of reduplicating that same success again.  Not every release will take off this way.  And the more you start over-saturating the market with the same artist with more songs in a short time, the more chance you start turning people off from the artist.  What your asking for isn't organic! 

things are now different......

the 6 month period is an old story......

i remember when ariana grande put out 2 albums with few months between each other....... it was a huge moment....... Now is the norm....

i think saturation is more likely when you have an artist everywhere, with mvs everywhere non stop, interview, instagram, facebook ecc ecc..... totally different if you put out singles and remixes directly on streaming...... 

for sure a very nice remix can help the song a lot, and if the song start to be everywhere and go viral it can be huge.......

i don't think a success like the one with sickick is difficult to duplicate again...... Madonna do this album after album for years and years.....

Taylor put out an album or a ts version very six month...... she is everyehere and sold millions and millions......

i think saturation is an old concept...... right now people are too hungry of contents. .....

52 minutes ago, Leona Helmsley said:

things are now different......

the 6 month period is an old story......

i remember when ariana grande put out 2 albums with few months between each other....... it was a huge moment....... Now is the norm....

i think saturation is more likely when you have an artist everywhere, with mvs everywhere non stop, interview, instagram, facebook ecc ecc..... totally different if you put out singles and remixes directly on streaming...... 

for sure a very nice remix can help the song a lot, and if the song start to be everywhere and go viral it can be huge.......

i don't think a success like the one with sickick is difficult to duplicate again...... Madonna do this album after album for years and years.....

Taylor put out an album or a ts version very six month...... she is everyehere and sold millions and millions......

i think saturation is an old concept...... right now people are too hungry of contents. .....

But notice, you speak of younger artists who are in their prime at the moment or still being played on radio, etc.  It has nothing to do with "6 months" and I never said one should wait that long, but they shouldn't have to be in demand so often when they do have their own lives. Again, you're offering very unrealistic expectations and comparing a lot of apples to oranges here. What works for Taylor right now, won't work for Madonna and vice versa.  Besides, Madonna was very much in the same spot as Taylor is now with having numerous successful songs and albums throughout the 80's and early 90's.  And remember viral moments should be organic because the moment the public gets a sniff that it's been purposely generated, they usually lose interest.  

And let's not act like Madonna isn't really busy and active right now. She's been on tour for nearly six months.  This is where her money is being made, so of course the focus will be more on the tour and the merchandise from it.  You're desperation of getting something new every week is unrealistic.  The woman deserves to take a break. Also, we have 40 + years of great music to enjoy that is easily obtained.  Saturation is not an "old concept", it's a commonality that happens in every aspect of our lives and yes, we do get sick of things that are pushed out there too much.  This topic alone is proof of that!  Also, look at all the fans who hate on other very popular artists at the moment.  The same goes with what happens with movie stars or politicians.  There gets to a point that the majority of the public gets sick of it being pushed on us day in and day out. (Much like the repetitive arguments we have, including from myself)  Most great artists need time to rejuvenate and  be inspired again, without being pressured to releasing some every few weeks or months. 

3 minutes ago, McDonna said:

But notice, you speak of younger artists who are in their prime at the moment or still being played on radio, etc.  It has nothing to do with "6 months" and I never said one should wait that long, but they shouldn't have to be in demand so often when they do have their own lives. Again, you're offering very unrealistic expectations and comparing a lot of apples to oranges here. What works for Taylor right now, won't work for Madonna and vice versa.  Besides, Madonna was very much in the same spot as Taylor is now with having numerous successful songs and albums throughout the 80's and early 90's.  And remember viral moments should be organic because the moment the public gets a sniff that it's been purposely generated, they usually lose interest.  

And let's not act like Madonna isn't really busy and active right now. She's been on tour for nearly six months.  This is where her money is being made, so of course the focus will be more on the tour and the merchandise from it.  You're desperation of getting something new every week is unrealistic.  The woman deserves to take a break. Also, we have 40 + years of great music to enjoy that is easily obtained.  Saturation is not an "old concept", it's a commonality that happens in every aspect of our lives and yes, we do get sick of things that are pushed out there too much, just look at all the fans who hate on other very popular artists at the moments.  The same goes with what happens with movie stars or politicians.  There gets to a point that the majority of the public gets sick of it being pushed on us day in and day out.  Most great artists need time to rejuvenate and  be inspired again, without being pressured to releasing some every few weeks or months. 

yes, i know that what works for taylor is different for Madonna and viceversa....... Btw i'm one of those person who think that is better have more than nothing........ if a song start to be boring i listen to another one or a remix........ and yes Madonna give us so much that is very easy to find everyday something different....... a ballad, a disco song, an 80s song ecc ecc....... there is so much songs by her that you can have a piece for every mood you are in the moment........  this is why i think more is better....... if you don't stop to create and put more in the market and in the world,  saturation will be impossibile because you will create something for every taste...... it you love a Madonna disco song, well you have your Madonna disco song....... the same for a 80s Madonna or a 90s ecc ecc 

for me saturation arrive when is the same of the same......

the same song over and over and over......

totally different if you have 500 songs...... 

the catalogue is so huge and different that arrive at the saturation is impossibile.......

probably is only a question of taste but its like a library.

if i have only one book and i can read only this book, every time i want to read something, over and over again, its a total saturation....... it will be horrible.....

but if i have a library with hundreds of books, even if by the same author, i can read something different everyday....... 

if you then add the remixes too....... well the possibilities are infinite......

Btw yes, after the shit year of 2023, and this huge tour i hope for her too a period of break......... she totally deserve it.......

10 minutes ago, Leona Helmsley said:

yes, i know that what works for taylor is different for Madonna and viceversa....... Btw i'm one of those person who think that is better have more than nothing........ if a song start to be boring i listen to another one or a remix........ and yes Madonna give us so much that is very easy to find everyday something different....... a ballad, a disco song, an 80s song ecc ecc....... there is so much songs by her that you can have a piece for every mood you are in the moment........  this is why i think more is better....... if you don't stop to create and put more in the market and in the world,  saturation will be impossibile because you will create something for every taste...... it you love a Madonna disco song, well you have your Madonna disco song....... the same for a 80s Madonna or a 90s ecc ecc 

for me saturation arrive when is the same of the same......

the same song over and over and over......

totally different if you have 500 songs...... 

the catalogue is so huge and different that arrive at the saturation is impossibile.......

probably is only a question of taste but its like a library.

if i have only one book and i can read only this book, every time i want to read something, over and over again, its a total saturation....... it will be horrible.....

but if i have a library with hundreds of books, even if by the same author, i can read something different everyday....... 

if you then add the remixes too....... well the possibilities are infinite......

Btw yes, after the shit year of 2023, and this huge tour i hope for her too a period of break......... she totally deserve it.......

I don't really disagree with what you are conveying, and I appreciate you want her catalog to be available on these streaming platforms, but if you're a big fan like me, then you don't need these platforms to get your fix of different songs and remixes from Madonna.  Anyway, I'm celebrating what we have.  There is no point in demanding for something you have no control over.  It's useless to get upset over it because it won't change the rate of what is being released on these platforms.  At the same time, I don't see it as a mess and the only thing shitty that happened in 2023, is Madonna's illness and being hospitalized. But she over came that and is about to finish up a six month tour. Though we still got a lot of releases these last few years.  I'm not sure how you would have survived in the 80's and 90's when a year or two would go by between new music? The way I got through back then, is I just enjoyed what was out there so far.  I knew more was coming and that's the same here.  More is coming!  We just need to be patient!  No one owes us a new remix or song every week or month.

10 minutes ago, McDonna said:

I don't really disagree with what you are conveying, and I appreciate you want her catalog to be available on these streaming platforms, but if you're a big fan like me, then you don't need these platforms to get your fix of different songs and remixes from Madonna.  Anyway, I'm celebrating what we have.  There is no point in demanding for something you have no control over.  It's useless to get upset over it because it won't change the rate of what is being released on these platforms.  At the same time, I don't see it as a mess and the only thing shitty that happened in 2023, is Madonna's illness and being hospitalized. But she over came that and is about to finish up a six month tour. Though we still got a lot of releases these last few years.  I'm not sure how you would have survived in the 80's and 90's when a year or two would go by between new music? The way I got through back then, is I just enjoyed what was out there so far.  I knew more was coming and that's the same here.  More is coming!  We just need to be patient!  No one owes us a new remix or song every week or month.

i know..... i go a lot on youtube and its crazy to find so many amazing pieces not on official album....... but left out......

i'm celebrating what we have too...... amazing songs  and albums........ Madonna is one of the very few artist i can listen to every song without skip to another one....... 

i know ...... this is what i was talking about when i say a shitty 2023 ...... the hospital....... for someone like her,  who love to live the life at 100%  it must have been hell....... 

dear...... i born in the 90s. ....... i buy her back catalogue piece after piece...... so for me every six months and less a "new" Madonna album arrived.....,,

but i remember when my world was Madonna, Britney and Christina....., 3 singles at head every year and half and after nothing to the nezt album....... that period for me was horrible...... i hate to wait.....

The release strategy is there is no release strategy. Madonna likes to do whatever you think she isn’t going to do and won’t do what you want or expect her to do. There’s always been an element of bratty spite to her towards her fans. It’s fine I’ve usually kinda lived for it. But this is basic as fuck. Release the catalogue on its anniversaries and get on with some new shit it’s boring the hell out of me. This has been going on for four years now and it’ll be five years if we’re to wait another year for strung out single anniversaries! We’ve been at your side for 42 years with zero looking back for pretty much forty of them. Cut us some slack woman. We’re here!!  we’re signed up, play nice for once for Lourdes sake!!

2 hours ago, Would You Like To Try said:

They should use May and the rest of April and the remaining months with no singles to correct her catalog like albums and remove that horrible Secret us maxi and change it for the full single

I like the Maxi, I just want them to add Let Down Your Guard

38 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Gypsy Woman from Crystal Waters seems to be sampled in Deeper And Deeper I just noticed by hearing! Coincidental before I heard the sample I was thinking of Deeper And Deeper!

I think they're both just early house music.  Probably similar keyboards and drum loops.

2 hours ago, Would You Like To Try said:

They should use May and the rest of April and the remaining months with no singles to correct her catalog like albums and remove that horrible Secret us maxi and change it for the full single

29 minutes ago, BoyToyMark said:

I like the Maxi, I just want them to add Let Down Your Guard

These comments made me re-vist the Secret digital ep against what else is not yet digitally released and I came across this track. HOW in all these years have I never heard this incredible remix before??? It's so good. Best of all the Secret remixes.

What was it available on? I can't see it in Discogs...

50 minutes ago, steady75 said:

The release strategy is there is no release strategy. Madonna likes to do whatever you think she isn’t going to do and won’t do what you want or expect her to do. There’s always been an element of bratty spite to her towards her fans. It’s fine I’ve usually kinda lived for it. But this is basic as fuck. Release the catalogue on its anniversaries and get on with some new shit it’s boring the hell out of me. This has been going on for four years now and it’ll be five years if we’re to wait another year for strung out single anniversaries! We’ve been at your side for 42 years with zero looking back for pretty much forty of them. Cut us some slack woman. We’re here!!  we’re signed up, play nice for once for Lourdes sake!!

It’s not Madonna that’s hitting the upload button on these singles, sweetie. It’s the stupid intern appointed with the administration of this campaign.

47 minutes ago, Bjonkers said:

These comments made me re-vist the Secret digital ep against what else is not yet digitally released and I came across this track. HOW in all these years have I never heard this incredible remix before??? It's so good. Best of all the Secret remixes.

What was it available on? I can't see it in Discogs...

It was unreleased I think, maybe he played it on his DJ sets

1 hour ago, MPowered said:

It’s not Madonna that’s hitting the upload button on these singles, sweetie. It’s the stupid intern appointed with the administration of this campaign.

Ddd but we’ve already had confirmation that Madonna is at helm and green lighting all these uploads even citing Gambler as something she wanted digitally available and asking people not to leak the advance information to stop spoiling the surprises soooo…..

7 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Ddd but we’ve already had confirmation that Madonna is at helm and green lighting all these uploads even citing Gambler as something she wanted digitally available and asking people not to leak the advance information to stop spoiling the surprises soooo…..

But is it something she actually said or posted?  I remember hearing about this, but never saw something she directly stated/posted regarding the leaking of info.  I thought this came from her management or someone supposedly "in the know"?  At the same time, It's clear she's up to speed to what's being released next. Allowing herself to comment what song she may wanted to be available for a long time now.