Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

1 hour ago, MPowered said:

The single version doesn’t have the build up with the snapping. Also the "What are you looking at?" is not there. 

The single version is just an edit of the 12" Version without the cool intro.

Also it does have the “what are you looking at” it’s just a little bit further in. 
The single edit was perfect for radio who would never have played that long intro.

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

The single edit was perfect for radio who would never have played that long intro.

I knew the album version before the single version. I loved it. But I remember the first time I heard the single version intro in the radio. It's was like a slap in your face to leave everything and start to dance. As far as I know this is Madonna's only song with two really different intros converging in the same "album" mix (obviously, I'm not talking about extended versions, remixes, or regular edits). I love both intros.

6 hours ago, MPowered said:

I think the casual listeners also prefer the classic/video version of it. It’s definitely the most well known version.

Viusally perhaps. But casual listeners much prefer to have a minute of intro snipped and launch straight into the bop of the century. That's the way it was always meant to be. Listeners of a certain vintage will also recognise the call-to-arms response that those Lucky Star borrowed synths instilled in us ten times a day when we heard it on the radio. I'm 100% sure that the restless streamers of the future will agree. Eventually.

And the 7" version is NOT an edit of the 12" version. Ask Shep.

On 5/29/2021 at 4:37 AM, Candy Perfume Boy said:

Hi Goldie,

what’s the source of the Rusty info?

From Rusty Egan Himself. I know someone who knows him and I asked for the digital files in exchange for a favor. 
He said he can’t share them since they’re under contract to be released sometime soon commercially 

1 minute ago, thegoldencalf said:

From Rusty Egan Himself. I know someone who knows him and I asked for the digital files in exchange for a favor. 
He said he can’t share them since they’re under contract to be released sometime soon commercially 

Thank you!!!

This is very fascinating, plus with what @BadGurlMadgepreviously said about “Causing a Commotion.” It confirms that this is a label project, and that they already have a calendar and timeline prepared. As much as we like to poke fun at this release method, there is a method and pre-planning involved.

Causing was originally released in August, and Everybody October, so at least we know what’s coming, even if it’s next year.

6 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

I knew the album version before the single version. I loved it. But I remember the first time I heard the single version intro in the radio. It's was like a slap in your face to leave everything and start to dance. As far as I know this is Madonna's only song with two really different intros converging in the same "album" mix (obviously, I'm not talking about extended versions, remixes, or regular edits). I love both intros.

The Single intro is cute and radio appropriate but definitely lacks the iconic  quality of the album version and the extended Immaculate mix is by far the best.

That being said on Spotify the Vogue EP is terrible. The Single Version is labeled just Vogue. They should really fix that. As the version on I’m Breathless is labeled Edit (?!?!).

Also all the older songs on The Immaculate Collection should be labeled as Q-Sound Mix.

22 minutes ago, deathproof said:

Thank you!!!

This is very fascinating, plus with what @BadGurlMadgepreviously said about “Causing a Commotion.” It confirms that this is a label project, and that they already have a calendar and timeline prepared. As much as we like to poke fun at this release method, there is a method and pre-planning involved.

Causing was originally released in August, and Everybody October, so at least we know what’s coming, even if it’s next year.

Hopefully we won’t have to wait until October 2022 to get those Everybody mixes. 
For the anniversary they could have a few contemporary DJs create some mixes and release that as an EP.

8 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

Same. I remember seeing the video on TV before hearing it on the radio, and then when I heard it on the radio I was a little confused by the intro (but loved it anyway).

16 hours ago, deathproof said:

It’s not. It’s not what was played on radio back in the day 

Yes, back in the day...younger people won’t know it and will recognize Vogue by the iconic intro leading up to the “Strike a pose” which is missing from the Single Version.

Casual listeners NOWADAYS are probably more familiar with the album/video version. That is simply a fact. Especially, cause the single version wasn’t included on any of the compilation releases.

On 5/29/2021 at 3:58 PM, MPowered said:

That’s because the Single Version of Vogue sucks. It doesn’t have that iconic intro. I think the TIC version is the most iconic.

I kind of prefer the Single Version. But it could be because that's the first one I heard.

50 minutes ago, Arckangel said:

Is the single version of Vogue ever played anymore on the radio?

I don't know in other countries, but in Spain, the radio stations replaced all the "single versions" with "Immaculate versions". Only because the Immaculate Collection was available on CD and the original singles on vinyl. 

Now with the streaming of old singles in digital format, maybe the original singles will be play again.

Single version was the radio go to and what made it a hit. It’s probably more of a lost version now the same as True Blue single remix which was the one we all fell in love with on the radio but it kinda lost to history.  Immaculate version is the more iconic version and I’d say the more well known universally now because of all the live performances and the iconic video which is still available everywhere. 

I think the fact that Emily has been WhatsApping old remixers to compile comprehensive versions of her early singles is a super super super encouraging sign that we really are gonna get the definitive single versions available digitally once and for all. 
The fact the the Rusty Egan 7” mix of everybody is hella obscure is proof to me that 82-88 will be given the respect it deserves. It’s her most iconic singles period and procuring as much as possible to make the EP’s as robust as possible is good business sense. 

Not least because fans will stream and digitally purchase in the first instance and then they’ll put their hand in their pocket again once to buy physical re-editions when the masters fall back into her hands. 

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW
  • Fighter changed the title to Single reissues campaign - Beautiful Stranger HD Music Video OUT NOW
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic