Jump to content

Single reissues campaign - Papa Don’t Preach HD Music Video Coming Next Week


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have such fond mems of Beautiful Stranger. I was living in London at the time and working in Soho. One night out in Heaven nightclub I happened upon this boy dancing topless living his best life. An indie kid with a bod (think Dan Imagine Dragons). we got talking and just connected. He was so free and so utterly beautiful. We spent the night together in the club. One of those nights where all bets are off and it was just a vibe. He talked to everyone he wanted.  No hang ups, no agenda..ju

Yes, but we still have the same problem, these masters are not the original, these master were made for vinyl. They can sound almost the japanese pressings but the problems are still there (Surface noise, high frequencies a little distorted, the tracking goes and going...) Anyway, with the japanese EQ the tracks sounds really OK: Open Your Heart (Dub) [With JP EQ]: Hidden Content Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.

Seems like we got "Justify My Love'd" with this one again... I bet the intern saw that the video is already on 720p, so he called it a day  and went to a Starbucks to get a frapuccino spending his afternoon on TikTok xDDD

Posted Images

55 minutes ago, madgefan said:

Wait, what? I thought it was better to have a single topic dedicated to each single reissued digitally along with the newly remastered video discussion. Whatever :monkey:

Well, obviously that's your preference, but after the initial discussion of the single itself, it would delve into "what's next", "where's Fever" etc. and it became harder to keep track for someone to be subscribed to all of those topics. This way, we have the discussion centralized, so to speak. Anyone can quickly find out the latest info in one place. I'll also update the first post with the release dates and related links from this project up to this point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, New_Boy said:

Well, obviously that's your preference, but after the initial discussion of the single itself, it would delve into "what's next", "where's Fever" etc. and it became harder to keep track for someone to be subscribed to all of those topics. This way, we have the discussion centralized, so to speak. Anyone can quickly find out the latest info in one place. I'll also update the first post with the release dates and related links from this project up to this point.

You should keep the first post updated with the hot goss and news!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Imminent Forthcoming anniversaries that might relate to singles who's release dates have passed

American Life - album was released was released 21st April (equivalent of tomorrow)

Fever - video was released 8th or 11th May not sure

Drowned World Tour 20th anniversary -  June 9th 2001 Drowned World Tour Started. being as the Drowned World single is probably coming in August maybe we'll get Impressive Instant in June even though it was scheduled for release in Sept. Unlikely but it would be very cool. Maybe the Paradise (Not for me) video in HD on her channel? again unlikely. 

I can't really find anything that ties in with Nothing Really Matters now as the Grammy Performance has passed as has the single and video release date. Maybe they'll go off piste with that one and LDLHA. The video was filmed in March but I can't find when it was actually released. 

Austin Powers The Spy Who Shagged Me was released June 9th 1999. With May looking busy enough with Ray Of Light / Express Yourself and maybe even Fever perhaps Beautiful Stranger will get shunted into June as things are a bit thin then.

When did The Next Best Thing get its Razzie Award? Hopefully July cause were running out of train track for American Pie teebs 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a look on Discogs and i think this is the bulk of the versions. Die Another Day remixes were included on some releases so who knows. 

 

Released Versions

  1. "American Life" (Edit With Rap) – 4:27
  2. "American Life" (Missy Elliott's American Dream Mix) – 4:49
  3. "American Life" (Oakenfold Downtempo Remix) – 5:32
  4. "American Life" (Felix Da Housecat's Devin Dazzle Club Mix) – 6:10
  5. "American Life" (Peter Rauhofer's American Anthem) (Part 1) – 10:41
  6. "American Life" (Peter Rauhofer's American Anthem) (Part 2) – 9:06
  7. "Die Another Day" (Richard Humpty Vission Electrofield Mix) – 6:01
  8. "Die Another Day" (Calderone & Quayle Afterlife Mix) – 8:52
  9. "Die Another Day" (Richard Humpty Vission Radio Edit) – 3:36 
  10. "American Life" - Radio Edit Without Rap (4:06) - Promo 
  11. "American Life" - Missy Elliott American Dream Clean Edit (4:36) - Promo 
  12. "American Life" - Missy Elliott American Dream Instrumental Remix (4:33) - Promo
  13. "American Life" -Oakenfold Radio Edit (4:01) - Promo
  14. "American Life" - Oakenfold Radio Edit W/O Rap (3:16) - Promo
  15. "American Life" - Rauhofer Radio Edit (3:51) - Promo
  16. "American Life" - Felix Da Housecat Radio Edit (3:23) - Promo
  17. "American Life" - Felix Da Housecat Radio Edit W/O Rap (3:23) - Promo

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, steady75 said:

Imminent Forthcoming anniversaries that might relate to singles who's release dates have passed

American Life - album was released was released 21st April (equivalent of tomorrow)

Fever - video was released 8th or 11th May not sure

Drowned World Tour 20th anniversary -  June 9th 2001 Drowned World Tour Started. being as the Drowned World single is probably coming in August maybe we'll get Impressive Instant in June even though it was scheduled for release in Sept. Unlikely but it would be very cool. Maybe the Paradise (Not for me) video in HD on her channel? again unlikely. 

I can't really find anything that ties in with Nothing Really Matters now as the Grammy Performance has passed as has the single and video release date. Maybe they'll go off piste with that one and LDLHA. The video was filmed in March but I can't find when it was actually released. 

Austin Powers The Spy Who Shagged Me was released June 9th 1999. With May looking busy enough with Ray Of Light / Express Yourself and maybe even Fever perhaps Beautiful Stranger will get shunted into June as things are a bit thin then.

When did The Next Best Thing get its Razzie Award? Hopefully July cause were running out of train track for American Pie teebs 

 

Imagine getting an Impressive Instant single cover 20 years later jjsjsjsjjsjsjsjsjsj... would love to see it

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, steady75 said:

Had a look on Discogs and i think this is the bulk of the versions. Die Another Day remixes were included on some releases so who knows. 

 

Released Versions

  1. "American Life" (Edit With Rap) – 4:27
  2. "American Life" (Missy Elliott's American Dream Mix) – 4:49
  3. "American Life" (Oakenfold Downtempo Remix) – 5:32
  4. "American Life" (Felix Da Housecat's Devin Dazzle Club Mix) – 6:10
  5. "American Life" (Peter Rauhofer's American Anthem) (Part 1) – 10:41
  6. "American Life" (Peter Rauhofer's American Anthem) (Part 2) – 9:06
  7. "Die Another Day" (Richard Humpty Vission Electrofield Mix) – 6:01
  8. "Die Another Day" (Calderone & Quayle Afterlife Mix) – 8:52
  9. "Die Another Day" (Richard Humpty Vission Radio Edit) – 3:36 
  10. "American Life" - Radio Edit Without Rap (4:06) - Promo 
  11. "American Life" - Missy Elliott American Dream Clean Edit (4:36) - Promo 
  12. "American Life" - Missy Elliott American Dream Instrumental Remix (4:33) - Promo
  13. "American Life" -Oakenfold Radio Edit (4:01) - Promo
  14. "American Life" - Oakenfold Radio Edit W/O Rap (3:16) - Promo
  15. "American Life" - Rauhofer Radio Edit (3:51) - Promo
  16. "American Life" - Felix Da Housecat Radio Edit (3:23) - Promo
  17. "American Life" - Felix Da Housecat Radio Edit W/O Rap (3:23) - Promo

 

You've done a good job hun, I think that's all of them. There's also a small variation of Peter's "Part 1" mix, but who cares about that amirite

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just released now that they edited the dates of the expanded EPs (LAP, Frozen, BS) for the original year of release. They are taking advantage of releasing them as 2021, getting on the New Releases playlist of the week, then putting them on the correct chronological place! 

They are actually pulling this off very well! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lennyleonard said:

Just released now that they edited the dates of the expanded EPs (LAP, Frozen, BS) for the original year of release. They are taking advantage of releasing them as 2021, getting on the New Releases playlist of the week, then putting them on the correct chronological place! 

They are actually pulling this off very well! 

The intern is paying attention! Would it be asking too much for Spotify visualizers of the music videos to go with the releases next?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vncsmoraes said:

uhm.

what's happening?

<div style="position: relative; padding-bottom: 100%; height: 0; overflow: hidden; max-width: 100%;"><iframe src="https://embed.tidal.com/albums/178486085?layout=gridify" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen style="position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0; width: 100%; height: 1px; min-height: 100%; margin: 0 auto;"></iframe></div>

This is an official release already, as is Live 8:

https://music.apple.com/us/album/live-aid-live-13th-july-1985/1435152414

https://music.apple.com/us/album/live-8-live-july-2005/1466093631

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • RUADJAI changed the title to Single reissues campaign - Papa Don’t Preach HD Music Video Coming Next Week
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...