Single reissues campaign - Papa Don’t Preach HD Music Video Coming Next Week

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have such fond mems of Beautiful Stranger. I was living in London at the time and working in Soho. One night out in Heaven nightclub I happened upon this boy dancing topless living his best life. An indie kid with a bod (think Dan Imagine Dragons). we got talking and just connected. He was so free and so utterly beautiful. We spent the night together in the club. One of those nights where all bets are off and it was just a vibe. He talked to everyone he wanted.  No hang ups, no agenda..ju

Yes, but we still have the same problem, these masters are not the original, these master were made for vinyl. They can sound almost the japanese pressings but the problems are still there (Surface noise, high frequencies a little distorted, the tracking goes and going...) Anyway, with the japanese EQ the tracks sounds really OK: Open Your Heart (Dub) [With JP EQ]: Hidden Content Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.

Express Yourself is now in 1080p.  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Let'sGetUnconsciousHoney said:

It's not the same team working on the maxis and the music videos surely. We used to get a maxi released with a video and now we can only get one? 2 maxis per month with 2 videos, sure I can understand. But one per month?? 

I don’t get why everyone is so desperate to get these remixes.

We all have access to them already (95% in the same quality as the releases) and we can listen to every song and remix whenever we want. 

6 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

I don’t get why everyone is so desperate to get these remixes.

We all have access to them already (95% in the same quality as the releases) and we can listen to every song and remix whenever we want. 

It’s great promotion and exposure for Madonnas catalog. It’s a way for her streaming #’s to increase, which is already way too low. And it’s a chance for the general public to discover something new from Madonna. 

41 minutes ago, deathproof said:

It’s great promotion and exposure for Madonnas catalog. It’s a way for her streaming #’s to increase, which is already way too low. And it’s a chance for the general public to discover something new from Madonna. 

Absolutely. But I don’t think there’s an immediate urgency for all these things to be uploaded. 

56 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Absolutely. But I don’t think there’s an immediate urgency for all these things to be uploaded. 

But it’s also a process that shouldn’t take 5 yrs to complete, especially with the rate they are going at.

Plus, With how recent releases are being handled, there’s a Big chance that some vinyl-only mixes and edits would finally make its way digitally, which is exciting.

1 hour ago, deathproof said:

But it’s also a process that shouldn’t take 5 yrs to complete, especially with the rate they are going at.

Plus, With how recent releases are being handled, there’s a Big chance that some vinyl-only mixes and edits would finally make its way digitally, which is exciting.

Ha you’re saying it shouldn’t take 5 years but I think their plan is to release all the singles over a 2-3 years span. 

Don’t get me wrong. I’m really excited about these releases and completing the digital collection but at the end of the day it’s nothing really new

44 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

What tracks have we gotten for the first time in digital quality?

Like A Prayer: Instra Dub, Bass Dub, Dub Beats

Beautiful Stranger: Calderone Dub Mix, New Mix Edit

more tracks?

Frozen - William Orbit Drumapella
Frozen - Victor Calderone Drumapella
Bedtime Story - Junior's Wet Dream Dub (7:31)
Bedtime Story - Junior's Sound Factory Dub (8:17)
Bedtime Story - Percapella Mix (6:32)
Bedtime Story - Unconscious In The Jungle Mix (6:27)

We're excited because this has been a long time coming. Her team are finally moving into the modern era where younger fans want easy access to everything. At this point in her career every single additional stream is free promotion and additional revenue. Just get them on twice a month til they are all there before the next project..spatial sounding her catalogue will lead us into the next phase or her legacy. 

Also,,,,,it's just nice (and important) to have this flawless career and legacy out there on the shop floor and not tucked away in the back stock room. 

Keeping any of her historical releases back serves no one. There's still demo's and unreleased stuff for all the anniversary editions and tbh the more already released stuff they get on digital now the more room they'll be on the deluxes for additional vault material. 

It's a win win.

Who really wants a True Blue deluxe second disc that just adds the Open Your Heart 12" as "new content"

Couldn't be me. 

Also its been taking two millenia for the Madame X dvd to be completed so these have been a lovely little tie over. 

58 minutes ago, steady75 said:

We're excited because this has been a long time coming. Her team are finally moving into the modern era where younger fans want easy access to everything. At this point in her career every single additional stream is free promotion and additional revenue. Just get them on twice a month til they are all there before the next project..spatial sounding her catalogue will lead us into the next phase or her legacy. 

Also,,,,,it's just nice (and important) to have this flawless career and legacy out there on the shop floor and not tucked away in the back stock room. 

Keeping any of her historical releases back serves no one. There's still demo's and unreleased stuff for all the anniversary editions and tbh the more already released stuff they get on digital now the more room they'll be on the deluxes for additional vault material. 

It's a win win.

Who really wants a True Blue deluxe second disc that just adds the Open Your Heart 12" as "new content"

Couldn't be me. 

Also its been taking two millenia for the Madame X dvd to be completed so these have been a lovely little tie over. 

I love when fans are worried about Madonna’s revenue. Unless we get a share why??? The woman just bought a 20 million dollar mansion on a whim. I think her revenue is just fine. LOL

I feel like I've written this several times, but the fact that everyone can enjoy the 7'' remix of Express Yourself in great quality, without hunting for an illegal mp3 or a 100 dollar CD is rewarding enough. On top of having a singular, ultimate releases of these singles. Fuck the revenue. I enjoy the fact I'm able to get lossless files that used to be hidden on rusty hard drives of labels and incel collectors.

14 minutes ago, New_Boy said:

I feel like I've written this several times, but the fact that everyone can enjoy the 7'' remix of Express Yourself in great quality, without hunting for an illegal mp3 or a 100 dollar CD is rewarding enough. On top of having a singular, ultimate releases of these singles. Fuck the revenue. I enjoy the fact I'm able to get lossless files that used to be hidden on rusty hard drives of labels and incel collectors.

Yes that’s definitely a great perk and what makes me excited about the releases. 
But I don’t understand the impatience and meltdowns.

Therr were no promises made. It happens when it happens. At this point we should just be happy that it’s finally being done and it looks like eventually all these remixes will become available

1 minute ago, diegolcl said:

"WhY be HapPy wiTh a DVD WheN a VHS wAs relEaSed iN 1985?"

"WhY ShoUld I CaRe aBouT CDs whEn I own CassetTes aNd VynIls?"

Should I continue?

:Madonna007::Madonna007::Madonna007:

I don’t see your point. The difference in quality between a vhs and dvd is considerable. Same with a cassette/vinyl rip and a digital transfer.

Most of these mixes are available to us in the exact quality as the new releases.

The only real benefit is convenience. Which is important and something to be excited about. But it’s not like they’re releasing Blond Ambition in HD or Warning Signs lol

2 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

I don’t see your point. The difference in quality between a vhs and dvd is considerable. Same with a cassette/vinyl rip and a digital transfer.

Most of these mixes are available to us in the exact quality as the new releases.

The only real benefit is convenience. Which is important and something to be excited about. But it’s not like they’re releasing Blond Ambition in HD or Warning Signs lol

Do you think people still have record playing? Streaming is how people consume music now, it is not just a convenience. 

Also, these cd singles are out of print forever. We have those songs because we are illegally sharing them otherwise if you didn't buy in the 80's and 90's and are not willing to buy second hand you have no access to them.

And yes, digital download can have a better sounding quality over physical,  I suggest you to read about lossless 24-bit/192khz hd audio.

Not that is hard to understand but we get frustrated how thing are being done because it isn't something hard to do and have been done a lot better by others artists. But yeah, God forbib us for wanting something well done for once.

• RUADJAI changed the title to Single reissues campaign - Papa Don’t Preach HD Music Video Coming Next Week