Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

Business-wise, I think this is a great move. Should've been done sooner, and I'm glad she's gone viral on TikTok for some sort of musical achievement instead of her usual social media cringe. The remix is and always will be awful, but my tongue was firmly in cheek with the thread title. If all it took for things to actually happen was to go viral, let's make a fictional deluxe version of something go viral then! Sad that the fans clamoring for something wasn't enough, it took the TikTok kiddies i.e. mass appeal to steer the market.

Also, why did the actual single reissues stop? Doesn't make sense at all, unless if they're literally going to put all of them in the deluxe editions.

• New_Boy changed the title to Single reissues campaign - Frozen ["As Seen on TikTok" Remix] OUT NOW
35 minutes ago, New_Boy said:

Also, why did the actual single reissues stop? Doesn't make sense at all, unless if they're literally going to put all of them in the deluxe editions.

They're saving all of that content for the re-issues so they can charge us an eye and a kidney for them. I think there's more fans who will spend money for the re-issues than there are who would spend money for the digital EPs. I haven't bought any, for example. But I would buy anything released physically. 

3 hours ago, New_Boy said:

Business-wise, I think this is a great move. Should've been done sooner, and I'm glad she's gone viral on TikTok for some sort of musical achievement instead of her usual social media cringe. The remix is and always will be awful, but my tongue was firmly in cheek with the thread title. If all it took for things to actually happen was to go viral, let's make a fictional deluxe version of something go viral then! Sad that the fans clamoring for something wasn't enough, it took the TikTok kiddies i.e. mass appeal to steer the market.

I feel like this was the only way they could keep all parties happy whilst avoiding the legal action that was no doubt coming down the tracks as the unauthorised version didn't originally even credit her or Pat Leonard. Or perhaps he did get served and handing the remix over to her like this was his only way to save his ass being sued millions.

It's a cute remix for teenagers on tik-tok who would never listen to the original, but I wouldn't consider it as an official pert of her discography. Either way, this isn't really for us fans, so no need to pay it any attention if people don't like it.

As for the single re-issues, it would seem like Warner have put a stop to them until they get their marketing strategy in place for the album re-issues. They'll probably use any remaining singles to release around the time of the parent albums re-issue from now on....

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW