Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

8 hours ago, Let'sGetUnconsciousHoney said:

I still don't get what the difference between the 7" mix and the Album version is. 

The pod Inside The Groove talks about the EY remixes in one episode. He also talks about the difference between the LP and 7" version, and when you listen to the excerpts like this, you hear it immediately!

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-ab6m4-eb3e0f?utm_campaign=w_share_ep&utm_medium=dlink&utm_source=w_share#.YJVlocH-IR8.twitter

17 minutes ago, Let'sGetUnconsciousHoney said:

Is it a zipper sound? I always thought it was the sound of a record player "hand" (wand? Lol I don't know) slipping!

I think its a turntable arm sliding over a vinyl disc... Anyway the "zipper sound" is present in the album version four or five times, but you can barely hear it (check multitracks). Many "new" sounds in the 7'' Remix are available originally in the album version (but the volume is too low). 

20 hours ago, roberMDNA said:

normal they did that... surely they want to release them as kind of "surprises" since they don't announce them and everytime they wanted to "surprise" us many days before everybody knew because of those lists

There's a new announcement on the main page saying that there's a new way / site to order coming soon so maybe they'll utilize that instead since this site is so easy to get a login for.

On 5/8/2021 at 9:49 PM, Aiwa08 said:

Believe or not, I didn't like the album version, but months later I loved with passion the 7'' Remix the first time I heard it (and the video house remix). I don't understand how people don't realize the difference between the album version and the 7'' Remix. I think the same with Like A Prayer (7'' Version)

True Blue & Like A Prayer (albums) have the best 7'' remixes, because they sound like the album versions, but they are better versions.

The album version kinda sucks. The improvements are huge.

I still can’t hear the differences in Open Your Heart though

2 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

Really? The 7" version of OYH has been "enriched" with handclaps and cowbelles. It's basically an edit of the oh so long and repetetive 12" version...

9 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

Open Your Heart remix only have three new things: Handclaps in the left channel, cowbelles, and a melody in the chorus  (this melody is also present in the immaculate version remix). Also the mix its really different: more prominent Bass, the song is almost 2% slower, etc, etc. I think the Immaculate Remix is based in the 7'' Remix but the cowbelles and the handclaps are removed. 

It's the greatness of the old 7'' remixes. They sound like the album versions but so different when you pay attention to them. But this only happened with "True Blue" and "Like A Prayer" albums. Madonna returned to the classic edit without new elements with "Rescue Me".

Deeper and deeper is not just an edit to me it's another mix. I think it's during the middle eight section there is a sound like an explosion which is louder in the 7'' mix. Human nature, hung up, sorry are not just edits but you are right saying they don't have new elements 

1 hour ago, Angelman60 said:

Deeper and deeper is not just an edit to me it's another mix. I think it's during the middle eight section there is a sound like an explosion which is louder in the 7'' mix. Human nature, hung up, sorry are not just edits but you are right saying they don't have new elements 

You are right. I mean, in True Blue era & Like A Prayer era, almots every commercial 7'' was an "enhanced" album version with new elements (at least in Europe). 

6 hours ago, Angelman60 said:

That was something in France for a lot of singles too, once the album was out, the singles  released after was always remixed and they tried to make a better version. It's too bad they don't do that anymore

They do though. How many versions of Lil Nas X's "Old Town Road" were there? Same with Mariah's "A No No". Although it's more about feature guests these days admittedly.

18 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

Open Your Heart remix only have three new things: Handclaps in the left channel, cowbelles, and a melody in the chorus  (this melody is also present in the immaculate version remix). Also the mix its really different: more prominent Bass, the song is almost 2% slower, etc, etc. I think the Immaculate Remix is based in the 7'' Remix but the cowbelles and the handclaps are removed. 

It's the greatness of the old 7'' remixes. They sound like the album versions but so different when you pay attention to them. But this only happened with "True Blue" and "Like A Prayer" albums. Madonna returned to the classic edit without new elements with "Rescue Me".

Oh yeah! I hear the differences towards the end of the track! 
Also the Rescue Me Single version is also one of these “enhanced” mixes.

13 minutes ago, Let'sGetUnconsciousHoney said:

Anyone else thinking we're getting another one this month? Express yourself was such a "small" release and it was so early on in the month; I'm hoping we're getting Beautiful stranger, too.

If we're going by singles released in May, Ray of Light and Beautiful Stranger should be next.

June and July could be really dry. I hope they release some of the skipped singles during those months.

11 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

I can’t hear the differences in "Rescue Me". I think it's just a simple album edit with an extra "I believe" not present in the album version.  :confused:

No, I did a side by side comparison because I was always confused over the differences of structure. The second chorus is repeated on the  single version whereas the album version goes straight into the "love is understanding..." part and repeats the third chorus instead. The "waves" intro is shorter and the outro omits the repeat of the "I'm talking" spoken word part. It's not just a simple edit it seems to have been re-arranged.

Well Ray of Light was officially released last week but it did chart this week. In all honesty though I think these will be scaled back to one a month to capitalise on the streams of each before they move on to the next. They also know collectors of the downloads which can sometimes be £15 will likely only purchase one a month before a new paycheck so there's that. Who knows though as always.

12 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

I can’t hear the differences in "Rescue Me". I think it's just a simple album edit with an extra "I believe" not present in the album version.  :confused:

It's  more than an edit.  There are a few parts where there you can hear things in the single mix, that you either couldn't hear or barely hear in the album version. It's definitely more pumped up than the album version.

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW
  • Fighter changed the title to Single reissues campaign - Beautiful Stranger HD Music Video OUT NOW
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic