Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

5 hours ago, MPowered said:

Yes, back in the day...younger people won’t know it and will recognize Vogue by the iconic intro leading up to the “Strike a pose” which is missing from the Single Version.

Casual listeners NOWADAYS are probably more familiar with the album/video version. That is simply a fact. Especially, cause the single version wasn’t included on any of the compilation releases.

I've been a huge Madonna fan for 15 years and I heard the single edit of Vogue for the first time today 

1 hour ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

I thought that the masters were already in her hands for at least the first album, maybe LAV

They're not. As soon as they are we should see a copyright change on them. It's still "Warner Records Inc." as always:

https://music.apple.com/es/album/madonna-bonus-tracks-2001-remaster/80815644

https://music.apple.com/es/album/like-a-virgin-bonus-tracks-2001-remaster/80815235

2 hours ago, Let'sGetUnconsciousHoney said:

I've been a huge Madonna fan for 15 years and I heard the single edit of Vogue for the first time today 

In the 10 months that it has been available on digital services, you...never once thought of listening to it??? Huge!

1 hour ago, brank000 said:

Yeah the last version I heard on the radio was the single version as well.

Same, and we're both in Toronto. It's the only version I've ever heard on the radio, except when Pride FM used to do (or maybe they still do) Mandatory Madonna at 7:30am, when they'd play 2 back-to-back Madonna tracks, often obscure remixes or live versions of songs. 

27 minutes ago, captainjay said:

Same, and we're both in Toronto. It's the only version I've ever heard on the radio, except when Pride FM used to do (or maybe they still do) Mandatory Madonna at 7:30am, when they'd play 2 back-to-back Madonna tracks, often obscure remixes or live versions of songs. 

The only time I can remember hearing the album version on the radio was in 1990 when 680 CFTR (Remember that station? lol)  played the I'm Breathless album the weekend before it came out.

Good Morning!

tenor.gif?itemid=5356322

Its been 2 weeks since out last maxi, and now a new month!

What do we think is coming next, and possibly, is anything coming this week?

Lets take a look at what was previously released in June:

- Papa Don’t Preach (June 11)
- This Used to be My Playground (June 16)
- Who’s That Girl (June 23)
- Hollywood??? (Some say May, some say June)

What do we think?

Any rumors cookin?

Lets light a candle so some kind of prayer gets answered!

giphy.gif

17 minutes ago, deathproof said:

Good Morning!

tenor.gif?itemid=5356322

What do we think?

Any rumors cookin?

giphy.gif

"Ray Of Light" this Friday! With the remastered video.

MV5BMDlhOGRmNGItZjdiYi00MzRhLWJkNmQtZmU4

Of course just manifesting! I wish!

I hate how unpredictable and sporadic these releases. Just when we think we’ve cracked their release strategy, they change it.

The HD video releases arnt always released simultaneously with the digital maxis. And sometimes the video comes before the maxi, other times the video just doesn’t come at all. Or worse, only the video gets released and the maxi never comes! :( 

25 minutes ago, deathproof said:

Good Morning!

tenor.gif?itemid=5356322

What do we think?

Any rumors cookin?

giphy.gif

I want the HD Remaster for the Human Nature video on June 6th and maybe the rest of the remixes on digital platforms... :cryin:

35 minutes ago, deathproof said:

Papa Don't Preach seems unlikely unless if they use the US single because it was just the album version or the extended version with Pretender. Two out of the three are already available on most streaming platforms and they fucked up on Spotify and put the extended version on True Blue (in Canada, I don't know about the rest of the world).

If they use the Germany/UK single then maybe they can release it because it will have Ain't No Big Deal, the actual album version for Spotify listeners and the extended mix for everyone else. But realistically, the most we might get is an upscaled video with no digital single like Nothing Really Matters. 

I'm thinking This Used to Be My Playground might be next. Followed by Who's That Girl, but who knows, maybe they'll say fuck it and take Give It 2 Me off streaming for a week just to put it back on as a "new release" with newly created Candy Shop remixes to piss us off.

Hollywood would be good but Its defo July @Let'sGetUnconsciousHoneywas correct.

I'm really curious about this month. 

Madonna posted a clip of True Blue yesterday on her instagram which was actually the 35th anniversary of the album release even though it wasn't mentioned. That doesn't feel coincidental to me..considering she's not really been a great fan of the song since it's released....so maybe...just maybe they'll drop the True Blue Maxi this Friday and we'll see what these 80's maxis are gonna look like..or indeed Papa Don't Preach as that was released in June so would tie in nicely. She doesn't seem to be a fan of that song either really. Open Your Heart and La Isla are her go to's from that album.

9 minutes ago, steady75 said:

That doesn't feel coincidental to me..considering she's not really been a great fan of the song since it's released....so maybe...just maybe they'll drop the True Blue Maxi this Friday

This seems very unlikely as 1) Madonna likes to repost fan posts on Instagram and 2) she doesn’t have seem to have any say in these releases as it’s a Warner project

12 minutes ago, steady75 said:

She doesn't seem to be a fan of that song either really.

She included it on MXT

2 hours ago, steady75 said:

Hollywood would be good but Its defo July @Let'sGetUnconsciousHoneywas correct.

I'm really curious about this month. 

Madonna posted a clip of True Blue yesterday on her instagram which was actually the 35th anniversary of the album release even though it wasn't mentioned. That doesn't feel coincidental to me..considering she's not really been a great fan of the song since it's released....so maybe...just maybe they'll drop the True Blue Maxi this Friday and we'll see what these 80's maxis are gonna look like..or indeed Papa Don't Preach as that was released in June so would tie in nicely. She doesn't seem to be a fan of that song either really. Open Your Heart and La Isla are her go to's from that album.

That would be great since the Dub never leaked in digital quality yet

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW
  • Fighter changed the title to Single reissues campaign - Beautiful Stranger HD Music Video OUT NOW
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic