Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

1 hour ago, RUADJAI said:

Thats what I was afraid of. All the ones I got when I started collecting the singles back in the day. ??‍♂️ Luckily they all got stolen when my car got broken into. :Madonna009:

I like them as something to look at, but definitely not to listen to.

7 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

I’m sure more stuff from the 80s will get a release. 
What worries me is that all those mixes got horrible digital transfers in the 90s for those German CD singles.
I’m hoping they’ll use new transfers and not those botched ones 

But only two or three tracks are only available on those German CDs.The rest is available on japanese CDs or similar with good quality. Don't worry.

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

The German CD's might just be dreadful pressings. The master files might be fine no?

As long as Emily isn't ripping the files for streaming from those yellow CD's we should be ok. 

The original german 12'' quality is amazing. I think that the problem with the yellow CD was the mastering. They didn't use the original masters. They used the masters created specifically for vinyl pressings. You can't record on vinyl the original signal, you need to filter it, and I'm sure they didn't restored properly the original signal for the CD pressings.

Only after Like A Prayer the mastering is right on the yellow CDs (because the masters for CD pressings were created previously in 1989).

PS: "Who's that Girl" is the worst CD created ever. Even the speed is wrong...

3 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

The original german 12'' quality is amazing. I think that the problem with the yellow CD was the mastering. They didn't use the original masters. They used the masters created specifically for vinyl pressings. You can't record on vinyl the original signal, you need to filter it, and I'm sure they didn't restored properly the original signal for the CD pressings.

Only after Like A Prayer the mastering is right on the yellow CDs (because the masters for CD pressings were created previously in 1989).

PS: "Who's that Girl" is the worst CD created ever. Even the speed is wrong...

Absolutely. I collected all these and then when I moved states I threw them all away, Which I don't care about as they were awful up to Like A Prayer. Who's That Girl was the worst and Dress You up was bad as well. Do you know if the 3 star and 5 star re issues are any better or are they just Vinyl rips which is what was on some of the Yellow Disaster Discs? To me they sound a little better. The Dress You Up EP from Japan still doesn't sound the best, But its definitely the best we have. Maybe it was just Remixed that way but the start still sounds scratchy.?‍♂️?

14 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

I’m sure more stuff from the 80s will get a release. 
What worries me is that all those mixes got horrible digital transfers in the 90s for those German CD singles.
I’m hoping they’ll use new transfers and not those botched ones 

New transfer or the hi-res mixes as Causing is muffled - 

2 hours ago, Sarah said:

Absolutely. I collected all these and then when I moved states I threw them all away, Which I don't care about as they were awful up to Like A Prayer. Who's That Girl was the worst and Dress You up was bad as well. Do you know if the 3 star and 5 star re issues are any better or are they just Vinyl rips which is what was on some of the Yellow Disaster Discs? To me they sound a little better. The Dress You Up EP from Japan still doesn't sound the best, But its definitely the best we have. Maybe it was just Remixed that way but the start still sounds scratchy.?‍♂️?

To me they do sound a little better but they have flaws especially the extended of who's that girl. I think it's on this one they cut the end during the fade (or is it causing a commotion?) 

6 hours ago, Sarah said:

As awful they sound, they are my best treasure. Like it or not, the yellow CDs replicate the original 12'' vinyls. And if you have a good audio software, it's very easy to create a new wav that sounds almost identical to the japanese EP (except for "Who's That Girl"). I did a video comparing CDs (The finished result is unpolished because this is just a test):

https://mega.nz/file/g0lXSAiJ#2P3yNyROw2XUrjTNQ5CZH4FeQ8rv4kTp-I1cXA2YSzg (59 seconds)

The star re-issues sound better. But the japanese EPs have the best quality sound. 

9 hours ago, Angelman60 said:

To me they do sound a little better but they have flaws especially the extended of who's that girl. I think it's on this one they cut the end during the fade (or is it causing a commotion?) 

Haha just a little? To me the quality difference between the star CDs and the yellow CDs is huge, especially with WTG.

I have my personal rips of the Star CDs and none of the songs are cut during the fade 

16 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

But only two or three tracks are only available on those German CDs.The rest is available on japanese CDs or similar with good quality. Don't worry.

I hope you’re right. All the the new stuff we got were proper transfers.

But I don’t trust the quality control. After all, all the vinyl reissues of LAP are using this horrible master that sounds worse than the original pressings and the CD

6 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

As awful they sound, they are my best treasure. Like it or not, the yellow CDs replicate the original 12'' vinyls. And if you have a good audio software, it's very easy to create a new wav that sounds almost identical to the japanese EP (except for "Who's That Girl"). I did a video comparing CDs (The finished result is unpolished because this is just a test):

https://mega.nz/file/g0lXSAiJ#2P3yNyROw2XUrjTNQ5CZH4FeQ8rv4kTp-I1cXA2YSzg (59 seconds)

The star re-issues sound better. But the japanese EPs have the best quality sound. 

They are a cool collectible. If I was collecting physical CDs they would be the first thing I’d get. It just sucks the sound quality is not good.

Would you be able to remaster CAC full CD and the OYH Dub like that?

17 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Yes, but we still have the same problem, these masters are not the original, these master were made for vinyl. The can sound almost the japanese pressings but the problems are still there (Surface noise, high frequencies a little distorted, the tracking goes and going...) Anyway, with the japanese EQ the tracks sounds really OK:

Open Your Heart (Dub) [With JP EQ]:

Hidden Content

• Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.

Causing A Commotion (Yellow CD) [With JP EQ]

Hidden Content

• Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.

Thanks! Still better than the original CD versions I think

• RUADJAI changed the title to Single reissues campaign - Get Together HD Music Video Coming Tomorrow June 7th !!
  • Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW
  • Fighter changed the title to Single reissues campaign - Beautiful Stranger HD Music Video OUT NOW
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic