Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

Hope I don't get cruicified for this but imo the remixes for get together are shamefully inadequate.  I don't understand why Madonna doesn't release a box set of alternate versions and demo's.  There are so many incredible gems in the vault, and the original production of Get Together was among the best of them.

1 hour ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Hope I don't get cruicified for this but imo the remixes for get together are shamefully inadequate.  I don't understand why Madonna doesn't release a box set of alternate versions and demo's.  There are so many incredible gems in the vault, and the original production of Get Together was among the best of them.

Sadly I agree, I found the remixes of "Get Together" VERY disappointing at the time, coming from all those excellent remixes packages in a row since... "Nothing Really Matters" really? "Get Together" deserved better.

I now remember the city video was the ICON version, yes! Thanks for the info about that. :smile:

11 minutes ago, deathproof said:

they commissioned 2 videos to be released simultaneously in different markets.

However, this didn’t end up happening. Only 1 (the pink and yellow one) was sent to TV back in 2006.

The 2nd one, was released exclusively to ICON members in 2007, and later on the Celebration DVD.

I remember in 2006 VIVA advertising that they were going to premiere the "Get Together" music video and then the day came and they didn't air it. Then about a month later the video was released. I always wondered what was up with that. 

4 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

The Peter Rauhofer Private Mix is the best one.

9 minutes ago, brank000 said:

I remember in 2006 VIVA advertising that they were going to premiere the "Get Together" music video and then the day came and they didn't air it. Then about a month later the video was released. I always wondered what was up with that. 

I’ve been reading old fan site reports, and it looks like 1 video was suppose to be online-only, and the other for TV broadcast.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the 2nd video wasn’t completed on time. It would explain why so many Euro markets had a delay in the videos premiere.

http://www.mad-eyes.net/news/2006/06_06.htm

6 hours ago, Overloaded said:

I love how her team asked Twitter which of the videos from Confessions on a Dance Floor they wanted in HD, everyone said Sorry and they've gone the complete opposite way.

Shocking, they usually make such a great job at giving fans what they wish for, while preserving Madonna's legacy with care and intelligence. Her online team is awesome and not overpaid at all. Caresse and Madonna really had a great idea to hire such a brilliant, capable and deserving person all these years ago, it really gave Madonna the online presence she deserves. I don't know what fans have been complaining about. If that GET TOGETHER video upscale doesn't bring billions of views, I don't know what will. It's an excellent idea.

:smokey:

3 hours ago, Prayer said:

Sadly I agree, I found the remixes of "Get Together" VERY disappointing at the time, coming from all those excellent remixes packages in a row since... "Nothing Really Matters" really? "Get Together" deserved better.

I now remember the city video was the ICON version, yes! Thanks for the info about that. :smile:

I agree, it's my favourite song from COADF, and one of my all-time favourite songs, but the remixes were just poor. Stuart's was probably the best, but a 7 minute Extended LP Mix, based on the album version would have been cool.

34 minutes ago, luluthecat said:

YES!!! Mentioned this in another thread. Get Together was screaming out for some massive club banger remixes, but we ended up get more experimental electro stuff,  which I'd usually welcome.

All of Peter's remixes for M are brilliant, tbh. She has some fantastic remixes in her catalogue.

• RUADJAI changed the title to Single reissues campaign - Get Together HD Music Video Coming Today June 7th !!
2 hours ago, anton5000 said:

Seems like we got "Justify My Love'd" with this one again... I bet the intern saw that the video is already on 720p, so he called it a day  and went to a Starbucks to get a frapuccino spending his afternoon on TikTok xDDD

Please do not misgender Emily. 

98B92D55-5173-4215-AA11-BC8C251D1216.jpeg

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW
  • Fighter changed the title to Single reissues campaign - Beautiful Stranger HD Music Video OUT NOW
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic