Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

9 hours ago, luluthecat said:

Same. I'm like yeah I guess it's better, but it's not real, it's just a filter, lots of parts look smeary and paint like. The video's from 1999....surely it was shot and edited digitally, there must be an original digital copy of the video somewhere. 

I don't understand how the Eurythmics (while a massive band in the 80's, they' didn't make same impact as M) are able to get real HD upgrades and not bloody Madonna, arguably the most famous music video artist of all time...........but then again I do know.......this is how Madonna rolls now, quality control went out the window years ago!

I just watched it on my 4k TV, it looked like a proper remaster, not the crapscales we get with Madonna.

On 7/21/2021 at 7:25 AM, baymad4her said:

I just watched it on my 4k TV, it looked like a proper remaster, not the crapscales we get with Madonna.

I'm trying to think of a logical reason why they wouldn't do it properly and all I can think of is that remastering all of them properly is too expensive. She has a lot more music videos than more artists. Maybe they decided to do a decent job at all of them rather than an amazing job at 10 of them? Anyway it's 1000% better than what it used to be

On 20/07/2021 at 15:10, luluthecat said:

pppffff when I see that, sorry but I think she really has a shitty team and she manages nothing at all. The so-called perfectionist has become a careless who does not even respect her art and her heritage.
The beautiful stranger ending is laughable when she's in the car (her eyes and hair) :sad:

And it's not about the money. much less profitable artists remaster their videos very well so ... and the girl is billionaire. 

On 7/20/2021 at 3:10 PM, luluthecat said:

I don't understand how the Eurythmics (while a massive band in the 80's, they' didn't make same impact as M) are able to get real HD upgrades and not bloody Madonna, arguably the most famous music video artist of all time.

I think that those videos were edited on film, and it's easy to remaster them in 4K if the original copy is not lost. As far as I know, the old Madonna's videos were edited on video (not film). So Warner needs to scan the original negatives and re-create the original video. 

1 minute ago, New_Boy said:

Even the videos made on film have to go through the original reels and recreate every part meticulously. By the way, any second now we should be surprised and/or disappointed.

I mean that the label has a copy of the final videoclip on film and they only need to scan that material. They don't need to recreate or edit the original video again from the scratch . 

8 minutes ago, New_Boy said:

This YouTuber hinted otherwise.

This youtuber is explaining what Madonna/Warner must do, because her videos are not available on film. It's not denying the existence of video-clips available on film that can be remastered in 4K without re-edit all again from the scratch. 

1 hour ago, New_Boy said:

This YouTuber hinted otherwise. It's a great little explainer, but I'm glad to be proven wrong.

Thanks. That was really informative. Shame nobody is ever gonna put the effort in to properly remaster her videos shot on film. But I don't even think M or Warner are using original tapes, they all look like upscales from youtube or commercial DVDs. They're no better than the upscales someone was making on this forum last year. 

4 hours ago, luluthecat said:

They're no better than the upscales someone was making on this forum last year. 

They look better to me.

If I’m honest I am much happier with these upgrades than what we had on YouTube previously (480p.) I hope they do all her videos.

I think it’s most likely cost that prevents them from doing a better job. The expense of going back and rescanning/editing film would be enormous. But she is not the only artist with crap quality YouTube videos. There are many many older artists that don’t even have all their videos on YouTube at all.

The fact is these old videos were never intended to be watched and scrutinized on 4K TV’s. So to expect that quality is unrealistic.

57 minutes ago, baymad4her said:

I know I'm probably be overdramatic, but I'm well pissed off that we are not getting anything again this Friday. If I had Madonna's phone number, I'd phone her up and verbally bitch slap her.

I doubt she even knows about this whole campaign :Madonna009:

It is weird that they post stuff on Twitter without saying anything for weeks. Wasn’t that True Blue surprise tweet like weeks ago at this point? 

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW