Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

1 hour ago, roberMDNA said:

taking into account that this "digital reissue" campaing is made surely for the "expected" biopic boom, and when the film is released casuals can go to check her singles in Spotify and HD videos in Youtube,  they slowly way they are putting all out make you see when the film will be released

I don’t think it has anything to do with the biopic. It’s just WR finally getting their shit together.

And the video upscales is something that’s happening with most artists since YouTube started allowing swapping videos without losing the views and comments

39 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

I don’t think it has anything to do with the biopic. It’s just WR finally getting their shit together.

Yeah. If we've learned anything at all it's that WBR and  team Madonna don't have much foresight to plan something like this so far in advance.

i still think this is at least half biopic related.. she never minds her past and now that she's doing a biopic she suddenly is doing this.. it could be casual but... suspicious me thinks jsjsjsjs

And the Youtube HD editions maybe is because all the views things and all the stuff some people is pointing just up here... but the digital singles? for example, Kylie uploaded all her singles to iTunes and all the digital places of the moment in 2009.. all of them.. and Madonna is doing it now pre-biopic... i think they have in mind the biopic in this reissue campaing and it's a nice move...

16 hours ago, roberMDNA said:

i still think this is at least half biopic related.. she never minds her past and now that she's doing a biopic she suddenly is doing this.. it could be casual but... suspicious me thinks jsjsjsjs

And the Youtube HD editions maybe is because all the views things and all the stuff some people is pointing just up here... but the digital singles? for example, Kylie uploaded all her singles to iTunes and all the digital places of the moment in 2009.. all of them.. and Madonna is doing it now pre-biopic... i think they have in mind the biopic in this reissue campaing and it's a nice move...

But they started this even before the biopic announcement 

I don't think the back catalogue digital and HD videos campaign is about the biopic, but the fact that everyone and their mother were already doing it in the previous months - especially Janet and Mariah (and of course many others).

But of course with Madonna time and things go by... so slowly.

I wonder if Warner / rhino just started doing it themselves in preparation for the biopic to maximise streams for their own revenue gains rather than anything to do with Madonna and her team. I know this seems unlikely because M’s socials have been interacting with it. 
A bit like those box set album reissues we got before Rebel Heart and Madame X. Just a cash grab after they saw Mariah and Janet were doing it?

It does seem utterly bizzare that nothing has happened EP wise in nearly two months. 

Maybe she was in negotiations to go back with them but it’s all fallen through. It’s pretty hard to decipher it all to be honest isn’t it? 

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

I wonder if Warner / rhino just started doing it themselves in preparation for the biopic to maximise streams for their own revenue gains rather than anything to do with Madonna and her team. I know this seems unlikely because M’s socials have been interacting with it. 
A bit like those box set album reissues we got before Rebel Heart and Madame X. Just a cash grab after they saw Mariah and Janet were doing it?

It does seem utterly bizzare that nothing has happened EP wise in nearly two months. 

Maybe she was in negotiations to go back with them but it’s all fallen through. It’s pretty hard to decipher it all to be honest isn’t it? 

What if M has to approve each release and video remaster? It always seemed weird that Warner didn't do anything with the previous 2005 singles and suddenly we got "Human Nature" and the rest.

That's a possibility.

la isla bonita could possibly be the next video to be updated in HD. they said more 'true blue' suprises are coming + i've noticed they changed every video title on youtube but la isla bonita still the same, the only one that still has [Official Music Video] at the end. maybe they didn't update the title yet cuz the upscale is coming? idk. its odd, cause its her most-viewed video, there's no way they just didn't notice that the title is still the old one there 

On 7/24/2021 at 5:39 AM, deathproof said:

They must want some kind of incentive for it. And I’d imagine the directors don’t own the original film reels.

If it was so easy for directors to do this, you’d think they’d be sending it out to Warner’s or just posting the new HD transfers themselves.

Mary Lambert posted a whole thread on Twitter a few months ago how lackluster these upscales are.

I think it’s way more expensive than people realise. If the labels don’t have the budget for it then individuals definitely wouldn’t.

11 minutes ago, New_Boy said:

I'll just show this to everyone from this points on - here's what a fan did with a 20-year-old video from an SD source.

Sorry, but an upscale is still an upscale. And I never understood the constant use of adding in extra frames. It creates a such a weird motion effect. Plus the constant shift in focus. It’s horrible

I think we'll agree to disagree - I think it's exceptional for basically spending zero dollars on it. Which seems to be the same amount Madonna's label is spending. Not sure if the focus thing was just from the original? Compare to the label upload below, and you'll see what I mean.

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW